Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"finding an arcade cabinet style mount for my switch is just sooooo expensive!"
    Not anymore baby, not any more!

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-arcade-cabinet-yes-you-read-that-right-1399-sold-by-myriann-uk-and-fulfilled-by-amazon-2876836

£14 from Amazon. For a piece of wood. Bargain!

BTW, while you're there, Devil's Third dropped back down to about 11.50 after being 40-odd over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

td2008 wrote: »
    Not sure if posted but amazon.de are doing 3 for 2 games.
    Tried Mario Odyssey , Mario Kart and Skyrim and it's coming up as 100 :):)

When does the discount show? I just went on and it’s showing as €149 when I add three games to the basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Lemlin wrote: »
    When does the discount show? I just went on and it’s showing as €149 when I add three games to the basket.

The discount goes in before you check out and its limited to the 3 for 2 games included in that offer I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Lemlin wrote: »

Shows just before confirming the purchase at final step. Make sure all games are in the deal too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Is there a link to all the games included in the deal by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

kevovek wrote: »
    Is there a link to all the games included in the deal by any chance?
    https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_ex_n_1?srs=13826746031&rh=n%3A300992&bbn=300992&ie=UTF8&qid=1515973834

It's across all gaming platforms (+ Music and TV/Film too) so you can mix and match. Use the left sidebar to filter by platform. Metroid Samus Returns is a standout on the 3DS list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=sr_ex_n_1?srs=13826746031&rh=n%3A300992&bbn=300992&ie=UTF8&qid=1515973834

It's across all gaming platforms (+ Music and TV/Film too) so you can mix and match. Use the left sidebar to filter by platform. Metroid Samus Returns is a standout on the 3DS list.

This is a great tip, is there any difficulties ordering from Amazon Germany?

I'm leaning towards getting Odyssey, Skyrim and Pokken.

think the deal is done with cause im not getting the discount even when i get all the way to the end and picked 3 games off the list. samus returns, puyo puyo tetris and xenoblade 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

magnumbud wrote: »
    think the deal is done with cause im not getting the discount even when i get all the way to the end and picked 3 games off the list. samus returns, puyo puyo tetris and xenoblade 2

Yeah it's showing up as full price for me too...

worse thing is i had the 3 of them in my basket for 93 since friday but held off cause i was unsure if i was gonna get puyo puyo or something else :-( and had just decided to bite the bullet and get them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Reduce that by 8 quid, and it might be useful as a coaster.

I enjoyed it but haven't actually finished it yet. Controls are a bit awkward but you adapt.

If you liked Star Fox/Lylat Wars on the N64 then I'd recommend picking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think at this point it's cheap enough that if you have a WiiU you should buy it and give it a few hours. It's one of the defining moments on the Wii U, every owner should know which side of the line they stand on, if only so when the inevitable Switch port comes along you can say "back in my day, we had to beat this game while watching 2 screens. And we didn't have no HD rumble, no sir!" etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Switch is down to €300 in GameStop atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mark ETO

Just wondering if anybody had n64 pal games they don't want or would like to sell I would be interested. I'm looking for Mario kart, banjo kazooie titles and bonkers bad for day if possible, but open to any others.

I know some of these titles are going for good money online.. but even just the game itself is all I'm after.. can do a deal. Just to relive some of those epic game nights from back in the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Mark ETO wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody had n64 pal games they don't want or would like to sell I would be interested. I'm looking for Mario kart, banjo kazooie titles and bonkers bad for day if possible, but open to any others.

I know some of these titles are going for good money online.. but even just the game itself is all I'm after.. can do a deal. Just to relive some of those epic game nights from back in the day..
    You might have more luck asking in the arcade and retro forum here : https://touch.boards.ie/forum/94

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

deadl0ck wrote: »
    You might have more luck asking in the arcade and retro forum here : https://touch.boards.ie/forum/94

Or stick a wanted ad in their marketplace

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1423

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mark ETO

Appreciate this.. thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mark ETO wrote:

Cex in Stillorgan have a fair few. Didn't check what the specific titles were though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I don't think you'll find games like Conker's Bad Fur Day cheap anywhere, no matter where you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sligeach wrote: »
    I don't think you'll find games like Conker's Bad Fur Day cheap anywhere, no matter where you look.

Yeah, you'd probably be better off getting Rare Replay for the Xbox One to play the inferior Xbox version if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I collect n64 games. Have every pal game but I've not seen a complete in box conker for less than 100 euro in over 5 years. You can get the cart only for about 70 on ebay (occasionally). Beware that it's a game that has a lot of fake reproduction copies floating around though.
    Adverts and done deal can work out cheaper than ebay so it's worth keeping an eye there too.

It's nowhere near the most expensive n64 game nor is it near the best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mark ETO wrote: »
    Appreciate this.. thank you.

Mod Note:
    Unfortunately there is no game requests on any forum on this whole site, outside of dedicated marketplaces.
    And, equally unfortunate, is the factors required to post in such marketplaces, specifically set to avoid people registering with the site to defraud people.
    I'm not doubting that you are and want what you say you want but there are rules to every forum and sub-forum, including the marketplaces.
    It would be a good idea to read the charters and rules prior to posting in each.

On a brighter note, people are pretty forthcoming about where things are available, so a more general request about where to find something will be always replied to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For N64 games you might try RAGE on Fade St in Dublin.
    Also, Bookmart & Games Exchange on Talbot St, near Connolly Station, is often stocked with a good range of N64 games, certainly worth finding them on FB, where they can advise on stock and prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Also, Bookmart & Games Exchange on Talbot St, near Connolly Station, is often stocked with a good range of N64 games, certainly worth finding them on FB, where they can advise on stock and prices.

Would definitely recommend this with Game Exchange/Book Mart. I decided to treat myself to the boxed F-Zero X they'd on display years ago, only to be informed that was literally it...they only had the box.

I used to buy there all the time, back in the late 90's.
    I call in not so often now, once every couple of years, but there's always something interesting.
    They also do some nice big box PC, Amiga and ST games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I used to buy there all the time, back in the late 90's.
    I call in not so often now, once every couple of years, but there's always something interesting.
    They also do some nice big box PC, Amiga and ST games too.

I spent my childhood alternating between Book Mart and Game Zone on the same street, they were owned by a pair of brothers. Game Zone especially were great for imports/breaking street dates on stuff, so you could pick up Pokemon Silver a few weeks early.

In other news, if you're portable collector, it's worth asking to see the loose GB/GBA stuff in the shoebox behind the counter. Generally meh, but they'd stuff like Metroid II in there (if there's any reason to still play it), so can be worth a scope.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I spent my childhood alternating between Book Mart and Game Zone on the same street, they were owned by a pair of brothers. Game Zone especially were great for imports/breaking street dates on stuff, so you could pick up Pokemon Silver a few weeks early.

In other news, if you're portable collector, it's worth asking to see the loose GB/GBA stuff in the shoebox behind the counter. Generally meh, but they'd stuff like Metroid II in there (if there's any reason to still play it), so can be worth a scope.

I was doing the same, though I was double jobbing at the time, working as a Staff Nurse in Portrane and then, on my day off, working in Gamestop on Liffey St and in the back of Chapters on Abbey St, back from 95-99.

I used to spend my breaks then either downloading games for the early emualtor scene in Global Net Cafe on O'Connell St and also nipping down to raid Gamesexchange and Games Zone.

Your man in Games Zone was a little odd though, but they did have some nice imported stuff there, it was like a bargain basement Mr Calculator!!

• Advertisement

Smyths seem to have restocked the snes mini If anyone was still looking..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement