Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

deadl0ck wrote: »
    OK - sorry if I'm being thick, but how do get to be a Level 3 member ??

You either buy stuff at Gamestop and collect points or pay them €17 and get it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone else having issues buying from South African store it won't accept my card anymore even though I have it saved and purchased Enter The Gungeon from Russian store today for 5.06euro..Trying to get Oxenfree but won't let me buy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone else having issues buying from South African store it won't accept my card anymore even though I have it saved and purchased Enter The Gungeon from Russian store today for 5.06euro..Trying to get Oxenfree but won't let me buy..

Exactly what happened to me a few weeks ago.

Are you switching your location online then switching it back? Apparently its not the most reliable way anymore according to a few bits online. Something to do with the card getting temporarily linked to your location.

I've gone back to having a second dedicated South African profile and it works perfectly every time as I'm not changing location.

amadablam wrote: »
    Exactly what happened to me a few weeks ago.

Are you switching your location online then switching it back? Apparently its not the most reliable way anymore according to a few bits online. Something to do with the card getting temporarily linked to your location.

I've gone back to having a second dedicated South African profile and it works perfectly every time as I'm not changing location.

I've never changed location anyways?.. Like I just make accounts login buy then switch to Irish account I've bought quiete a bit from the south African store now I can't buy anything it seems..

If you delete an account say my South African one will I be fit to redownload the games bought from that account on my Irish account?.. Every time I go to Irish store the stuff I bought from other stores says purchased..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Amazon has a discount code right now, VG20OFF150 for video games specifically but unfortunately it only applies to selected games, scroll down to under promotions on each items page to see if it applies or not. It applies for Metroid Samus Returns, Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, must be other stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Amazon has a discount code right now, VG20OFF150 but unfortunately it only applies to selected stuff, scroll down to under promotions on each items page to see if it applies or not. It applies for Metroid Samus Returns, Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, must be other stuff.

Is that code not a £20 off £150 spend on video games?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is that code not a £20 off £150 spend on video games?

It is, but only on video games which apply for the promotion, not all of them.

It is, but only on video games which apply for the promotion, not all of them.

Ah right. I used a the same code a few months ago on the One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Yeh so it's 25% off a recycled console, not sure I want to buy second hand would rather new. From looking around GS seem to be the cheapest at 300 for the red/blue colour. Haven't seen many bundles around, is there any ones I should be looking out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Yeh so it's 25% off a recycled console, not sure I want to buy second hand would rather new. From looking around GS seem to be the cheapest at 300 for the red/blue colour. Haven't seen many bundles around, is there any ones I should be looking out for?
    Any idea what sort of warranty you get with 2nd hand from them ? I know cex give 2 years, but I doubt GS give anything near that (but I could be wrong !)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Amazon has a discount code right now, VG20OFF150 for video games specifically but unfortunately it only applies to selected games, scroll down to under promotions on each items page to see if it applies or not. It applies for Metroid Samus Returns, Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, must be other stuff.
    Here's the full list of items in the promo: https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&node=8872652031&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=124083df-762f-4262-80d0-33b24d06598f&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=300703&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=RQ47BE0T586Q30FZ300S&linkCode=sl2&tag=jd-gen-uk-21&linkId=808182bb5235435c17d6ddba5b0fe7e7

Runs from 12:00pm on Wednesday 31st Jan to 23:59 on Thursday 1st Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Any idea what sort of warranty you get with 2nd hand from them ? I know cex give 2 years, but I doubt GS give anything near that (but I could be wrong !)

Pretty sure 2 years is a legal requirement under Irish law.

LA noire 28euro in Smyths.. 1 left in Galway won't be there till about 1ish though hopefully it still there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

LA noire 28euro in Smyths.. 1 left in Galway won't be there till about 1ish though hopefully it still there..

Reduced from 29.99, it says free delivery for orders over 29. The sceptic in me thinks they gave it a slight reduction to put it under the free delivery threshold!

There's a good few in Blanch at the moment so I'll probably pick it up. Thanks for the heads up.

Sparko wrote: »
    Reduced from 29.99, it says free delivery for orders over 29. The sceptic in me thinks they gave it a slight reduction to put it under the free delivery threshold!

There's a good few in Blanch at the moment so I'll probably pick it up. Thanks for the heads up.

Pretty sure it was 50euro tbh.. If I saw it for 30 the other day I would have bought it.. I think the 30 resembles the lowest price its ever been..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Pretty sure 2 years is a legal requirement under Irish law.

I don't believe there's any requirement for a warranty under Irish law for second hand sales specifically. The original warranty from new purchase might be for 2 years and arguable to carry over, but forcing retailers to offer a 2 year warranty on a second hand device would be farcical.

Just rang GS, they said the Pre-Owned is 320 (when a new one is 300..?) and that itd be 240 with level 3. Dont understand a new one being cheaper then a pre owned!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A new grey one is €329.
    The neon Switch is €300.

Second hand price is a tenner less than the full price. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    A new grey one is €329.
    The neon Switch is €300.

The neon Switch is on the €30 off offer, which expires this weekend iirc.

Mr E wrote: »
    A new grey one is €329.
    The neon Switch is €300.

Yeh I was referring to the Neon, not the grey. Im assuming the second hand is neon anyways, which makes it more expensive for a second hand one :pac:

Anyways said id go out and have a look at it later, will pick up LA Noire in smyths if I do get it.

• Advertisement

Yeh I was referring to the Neon, not the grey. Im assuming the second hand is neon anyways, which makes it more expensive for a second hand one :pac:

Anyways said id go out and have a look at it later, will pick up LA Noire in smyths if I do get it.

I think you'll need a memory card for LA Noire?

Have a few floating about at home! Thankfully.

Only if you buy the digital version, though the download for the card version does take up about 2/3rds of the internal memory at just over 14gb.

I bought my switch second hand only saved 50euro but was worth it in the end tbh..

I bought my switch second hand only saved 50euro but was worth it in the end tbh..

Just home, with a voucher I had it ended up costing me 220 cash so a nice saving! He said the red/blue should be going back up in price, so even more of a saving.

Picked up Mario Oddysey and LA Noire aswell

Just home, with a voucher I had it ended up costing me 220 cash so a nice saving! He said the red/blue should be going back up in price, so even more of a saving.

Picked up Mario Oddysey and LA Noire aswell

I hope you got LA Noire in Smyths ha..

You should buy rocket league I saw the collectors edition is going to be 27.49 in Argos but for some reason they hadn't got it in at that time and isn't showing up on site.. It's basically only game I play.. If you have tried on other consoles you may like it for on the go, I've got free unlimited data so I play it online for bus journeys.. Alternatively I think it's 20euro on the store..

Picked up Brawlout there for 13€ on south African store finally my card started working again.. Could be a bit of fun anyways..

I hope you got LA Noire in Smyths ha..

You should buy rocket league I saw the collectors edition is going to be 27.49 in Argos but for some reason they hadn't got it in at that time and isn't showing up on site.. It's basically only game I play.. If you have tried on other consoles you may like it for on the go, I've got free unlimited data so I play it online for bus journeys.. Alternatively I think it's 20euro on the store..

Picked up Brawlout there for 13€ on south African store finally my card started working again.. Could be a bit of fun anyways..

Indeed I did, wasnt paying GS prices with it being so cheap across the way! Yeh I like it alright, get fairly bored of it after a while TBH. I think im gonna spend a lot more time on SP games with the switch, I havent played skyrim before so looking forward to that and Zelda.

Indeed I did, wasnt paying GS prices with it being so cheap across the way! Yeh I like it alright, get fairly bored of it after a while TBH. I think im gonna spend a lot more time on SP games with the switch, I havent played skyrim before so looking forward to that and Zelda.

I haven't touched Zelda since I bought my switch and somehow played very little Mario Oddyssey but spend 20hours on Mario and rabbids

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement