Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I see Sonic Mania is under a tenner on the Russian store at the moment, could be worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not sure if its been mentioned but Argos have updated their in-store stock checkers with next weeks games (Kirby, Bayonetta, Dragon Quest Builders)

While Kirby (798/1878) and DQB (forgot to get code) are €65 each, Bayonetta (805/3066 or 805/3060, depending on my awful scrawled writing) is listed at only €45, including the Bayo 1 digital code. Seems cheapest I can find it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned but Argos have updated their in-store stock checkers with next weeks games (Kirby, Bayonetta, Dragon Quest Builders)

While Kirby (798/1878) and DQB (forgot to get code) are €65 each, Bayonetta (805/3066 or 805/3060, depending on my awful scrawled writing) is listed at only €45, including the Bayo 1 digital code. Seems cheapest I can find it so far.

forgot builders was out this week, played the demo for a bit and kind of liked it, so many games to get through yet + splatoon and rocket league addiction..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Don't see Bayonetta showing up anywhere. But will keep my eyes peeled for it if it's going that cheap there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I have a feeling the price of Bayonetta will go down quickly though, cos Bayonetta has gone down in price quickly every time its been released on other consoles, so I think I can wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Count Lucanor is pretty cheap on a couple of regions and I'm liking it do far, very Zelda ish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I have a feeling the price of Bayonetta will go down quickly though, cos Bayonetta has gone down in price quickly every time its been released on other consoles, so I think I can wait.

I remember when it was on PS3 basically just launched I bought cheapest game in xtravision and picked it up for 5euro in gamestop..

Ordered LA Noire to pick up in Smyths it was last one.. Ordered it Friday night still haven't got a confirmation to collect it or anything.. Will they automatically refund me?.. Says collection be ready within 2 hours which I assumed would be any time Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€25.99 in Argos if you want one sooner

http://checkargos.com/product/7644115

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Edition Amazon UK £49.99
    (I can't post a URL 'cause I'm a new user)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€25.99 in Argos if you want one sooner

http://checkargos.com/product/7644115

Damn what a difference a day makes dropped even further now €22.99

Amazon have price matched Tesco on Bayonetta 1/2 and if you have prime, its an addition 2 quid off, so 38 pounds.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077ZGRPLW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Had anyone here used TobyDeals before, or know of any experiences with them?

Their .eu domain has the Switch with the grey JoyCons for €286 (with free 'standard' shipping)...

... and their .co.uk domain has the Switch with the neon coloured JoyCons for £246 (~€281), presumably with free shipping as well.

I've read mixed reviews about their site, some would recommend, others dismiss them as dodgy.
    Those prices are among the lowest you can find for a Switch, so you'd be wary of it being too good to be true...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just spotted in an email from GameStop that they have a cool offer on LA Noire. They have it priced at €39.99 until the 22nd of this month, and you can trade it in for the same price until that same date. So you can basically buy the game, finish it at a reasonable pace and then trade it back in for a new title with €40 off.

Essentially, you can buy a new Switch game for whatever price it is and get nearly two weeks to finish LA Noire on top of that. It’s a solid deal, and from GameStop of all businesses!

I just sold my copy yesterday elsewhere for €22. Typical!

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just spotted in an email from GameStop that they have a cool offer on LA Noire. They have it priced at €39.99 until the 22nd of this month, and you can trade it in for the same price until that same date. So you can basically buy the game, finish it at a reasonable pace and then trade it back in for a new title with €40 off.

Essentially, you can buy a new Switch game for whatever price it is and get nearly two weeks to finish LA Noire on top of that. It’s a solid deal, and from GameStop of all businesses!

Can you buy from smyths at 28euro and trade in for 40 in Gamestop lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can you buy from smyths at 28euro and trade in for 40 in Gamestop lol?

I don’t see why not, that’s a nice big F-U from Smyths. :pac:

Fifa 18 30euro on the store there seems to be multiplayer sale on..

So tempted by fifa at that price although I own it on ps4 and have only played 2 or 3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fifa 18 30euro on the store there seems to be multiplayer sale on..

So tempted by fifa at that price although I own it on ps4 and have only played 2 or 3 games

Tempted too, but I'd rather physical, but not paying 50+ for it. If I got it for 30 physical, I might give it a go, but seeing as it's not a "full" game in comparison to the PS4/Xbox One version [in terms of features, not necessarily graphics], I'm loath to give it a full price purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If it's 30 quid on the local site, check the russian site - it was about 40 quid full price there and presumably is half price same as everywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Remember that FIFA 18 was 14.3gb at launch (probably more now with patches?)

That's a good chunk of space for a downloaded title.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Mario + Rabbids is also 34 euros on the Russian shop as part of the same sale (40 euros on the Irish one).

Pretty decent price for those who want it as a digital download.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

You can buy a grey Nintendo Switch console with FIFA 18 and an accessory set, which includes a carry case and LCD screen protector for £259.00. Use the promo code "TDX-PHJ4".

https://www.tesco.com/direct/special-offer/buy-nintendo-switch-grey-console-and-get-fifa-18-and-accessory-set-free/promo51060088.promo

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Gamestop have reduced the price of both of these, new condition too:

Pokken Tournament - Wii U - €19.97 delivered

Super Mario Maker - Wii U - €19.97 delivered

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Amazon have the PS4 and Xbox One for £28, I'd be banking on the Switch version coming in at the same price

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Amazon have the PS4 and Xbox One for £28, I'd be banking on the Switch version coming in at the same price

Aye I've just thought it would with the price parity thing, so I'd order from there instead. Still.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

FIFA 18 for Switch - £23

cheapest I've seen

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072JZ3M6R/?tag=hotukdeals062-21

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It will only get cheaper too. It's definitely beneficial to wait for sports games if you can. It will be interesting to see if EA give it another go with '19.

• Advertisement

Pac1Man wrote: »
    It will only get cheaper too. It's definitely beneficial to wait for sports games if you can. It will be interesting to see if EA give it another go with '19.

Really hope they do. Would love to see how a new version comes out that doesn't seem as rushed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement