Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Super Bomberman R (for Switch) is €29.99 in Gamestop at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

We don't have to wait until next September to see if the Switch gets another FIFA game. As it's a World Cup year, EA should be announcing 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia soon and it should release in mid April. EA don't do a lot with these World Cup or Euro games. It'll probably have modes like Road to Moscow, which will have the stadiums hosting the games in Russia, Captain Your Country, Online FIFA World Cup, Story of Qualifying, and Story of the Finals amongst maybe some other modes. They don't tend to review very well.

Or, they may just add a World Cup mode to FIFA 18, that seems to be the popular belief going around. Which would be a big change to how they've done things in the past. Some say it may even be free, so they mightn't be doing a lot this time. Anyway, the official announcement should be made before the end of the month or early March at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

sligeach wrote: »
    We don't have to wait until next September to see if the Switch gets another FIFA game. As it's a World Cup year, EA should be announcing 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia soon and it should release in mid April. EA don't do a lot with these World Cup or Euro games. It'll probably have modes like Road to Moscow, which will have the stadiums hosting the games in Russia, Captain Your Country, Online FIFA World Cup, Story of Qualifying, and Story of the Finals amongst maybe some other modes. They don't tend to review very well.

Or, they may just add a World Cup mode to FIFA 18, that seems to be the popular belief going around. Which would be a big change to how they've done things in the past. Some say it may even be free, so they mightn't be doing a lot this time. Anyway, the official announcement should be made before the end of the month or early March at the latest.

If I recall correctly, they released their last Euros/World Cup expansion as DLC, rather than a standalone game, which makes a lot of sense, considering it's essentially a reskin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Some codes for instant discounts on video game purchases on amazon until Thursday (doesn’t include download codes and pre orders): http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-13-jelly-deals-save-up-to-20-with-amazon-money-off-vouchers
    £5 off a £35 or more spend - VG5OFF35
    £10 off a £75 or more spend - VG10OFF75
    £20 off a £150 or more spend - VG20OFF150

Nothing crazy but nice to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Excellent price for the SNES mini (from Gamestop no less)

gaklAjL.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

FIFA 18 is €28 in Argos (if you missed it in Amazon for £23).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

FIFA 18 is €28 in Argos (if you missed it in Amazon for £23).

How does it play, any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

How does it play, any good?

its good, definitely well worth it under €30.

FUT isnt great because the market is very limited but I've enjoyed it so far.

Looks and plays very similar to FIFA 17 on other consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

its good, definitely well worth it under €30.

FUT isnt great because the market is very limited but I've enjoyed it so far.

Looks and plays very similar to FIFA 17 on other consoles.

Is the career mode still there? I've no interest in the card game part.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

TitianGerm wrote: »

Yup, manager and player mode. There's no The Journey mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Yep it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks lads. Might pick it up so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

only thing missing from the career mode is the new transfer system where you have a sit down with the player and his agent just the old transfer system there which is fine as i'd say if you were making wholesale changes to your team you'd have this every time you try and sign a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I'm loving fifa on Switch. Only negative for me is no online play with friends. I usually only play career mode so it's perfect for me. Currently in my 2nd season trying to guide Everton to glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm going on a cruise for my honeymoon next month and have been allowed to bring my Switch as there will be down days to relax before the next port is reached *cough*.

Thinking about a game to sink into for an hour or two at a time that won't break the bank (the cruise has done that already) so something on sale or bought without full retail expense (foreign eShop, hard copy bought from someone online etc) would be handy. My first instinct is Skyrim but that's 60e on the eShop and 54.99e in some stores.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Skyrim is 40ish in ZA or Russia I think. But you don't bring Skyrim on Honeymoon. Not unless you REALLY want an annulment.
    Take something cheap that you can dip in and out of. (there's a vegas wedding joke in there somewhere, I just can't quite put my finger on it).
    Enter the Gungeon is great for a quick blast here and there.
    Stardew Valley is superb and cheap but very absorbing.
    FIFA is currently going relatively cheap and in bursts of 5 mins or so will absorb as much of your life as you let it as you try to drag some pub team up to the premiership all alone as their Messi-anic pasty fueled defmidstriker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Banjo wrote: »
    Skyrim is 40ish in ZA or Russia I think. But you don't bring Skyrim on Honeymoon. Not unless you REALLY want an annulment.
    Take something cheap that you can dip in and out of. (there's a vegas wedding joke in there somewhere, I just can't quite put my finger on it).
    Enter the Gungeon is great for a quick blast here and there.
    Stardew Valley is superb and cheap but very absorbing.
    FIFA is currently going relatively cheap and in bursts of 5 mins or so will absorb as much of your life as you let it as you try to drag some pub team up to the premiership all alone as their Messi-anic pasty fueled defmidstriker.

Ha, true. I've played it to death on PC years back so it'd be a fairly trim play through if I did get it. I take your point about small games, dipping in. I'll have a look at Enter the Gungeon (and Mercenary Kings too actually).

Stared Valley is a game I am deliberately avoiding. I think I'd get too into it. I had to sell my copy of Animal Crossing for the same reason. I'm a full-blown casual gamer these days, an hour here, an hour there.

Not really a FIFA person but I'll have a peep, might be the game that gets me back into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Take something cheap that you can dip in and out of. (there's a vegas wedding joke in there somewhere, I just can't quite put my finger on it)

Sounds like my 2nd wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

OK back to the bargains, folks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Yesterday I walked into galway cex trading in Mario and Rabbids for 25 cash.. The queue was so long so didn't bother..

Walked into gamestop and asked what they give me he said 34 credit and he pretty sure the same for cash with the promotion.. So apparently maybe it not on all games but there credit prices you can get cash also..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Rhyme wrote: »
    Not really a FIFA person but I'll have a peep, might be the game that gets me back into it.

It's fast paced, and playing it as a single player and having to stay in position is kind of fun.
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=7116038&authToken=
    physical copy in argos for €28

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Just checked eshop for FIFA and didn't realise it's 29.99 for digital version so might go with that. Id play PES on the PS4 but good to have a portable footie game too.

Thanks to all for the heads up on the price drop.

Traded on Mario and rabbids ended up getting 35.70 with level one if I had level 3 I would have gotten like 43euro cash..

Amazing deal by gamestop on trade ins, should have punrchased level 3 before I traded in the game and would have saved 7euro..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But how much does Level 3 cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But how much does Level 3 cost?

€16.99 iirc

If you'd paid €17 for Level 3 and got €43, your net gain would only have been €26.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Mr E wrote: »
    If you'd paid €17 for Level 3 and got €43, your net gain would only have been €26.

But if you traded more stuff in, you'd have the endless benefit of 10% extra on trade ins. Assuming one regularly trades in there, I don't.

But if you traded more stuff in, you'd have the endless benefit of 10% extra on trade ins. Assuming one regularly trades in there, I don't.

Tbf I usually never do it but now the sub will pay for itself its actually only 10% extra with trade ins but 25% against a pre order.. They are taking fifa 18 for 32 then add 10% on that..

I've already for 12euro more than what I was getting in cex trading in just one game so technically it cost me 5euro and still have all the added benefits

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Rhyme wrote: »
    Ha, true. I've played it to death on PC years back so it'd be a fairly trim play through if I did get it. I take your point about small games, dipping in. I'll have a look at Enter the Gungeon (and Mercenary Kings too actually).

Stared Valley is a game I am deliberately avoiding. I think I'd get too into it. I had to sell my copy of Animal Crossing for the same reason. I'm a full-blown casual gamer these days, an hour here, an hour there.

Stardew is great for casual once you get over the initial need for all the chickens :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement