Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Axiom Verge $13.99 on US Eshop, great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I know its been talked about before but how do you pay on the us estore? Resident evil revelations 1 and 2 are 14 dollars each on that one and have heard you cant pay with an irish credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Any one know best deal on micro SD card for the switch?

Just filled up my 128gb card...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Can't help you, but good work. That must be a decent amount of downloads.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Mr E wrote: »

Thanks now have 7 dollars left to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Not sure if 64GB is any use to you since you filled 128GB, but this popped into my inbox today and looks good: https://www.mymemory.co.uk/samsung-64gb-evo-plus-micro-sd-card-sdxc-uhs-i-u3-adapter-100mb-s.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Try picstop.co.uk as they are generally the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

irishman86 wrote: »
    Stardew is great for casual once you get over the initial need for all the chickens :pac:

I'll give it another look, I might just have a low opinion of my self-restraint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fyi Flatout 4 is one of the games you can trade in for GameStops €20 trade in deal. This game can be bought new for less than €20 online. Should be able to get Bayonetta for about €38 including the price of the game by doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Paper Mario Color Smash €19.99 GameStop Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Fyi Flatout 4 is one of the games you can trade in for GameStops €20 trade in deal. This game can be bought new for less than €20 online. Should be able to get Bayonetta for about €38 including the price of the game by doing this.

Is Bayonetta on that deal? You could also get Modern Warfare Remastered from Argos for €18.99 and trade that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads do you have a link to their deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Lads do you have a link to their deal?

The list is here, but I don't see Fallout on it

https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The list is here, but I don't see Fallout on it

https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers

Flatout 4, not Fallout. And Bayonetta is on the offer according to GameStops twitter account.

https://twitter.com/GameStopIreland/status/964424115166654464

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

My bad, it is indeed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is great news!
    I've a copy of Battlefront 2 that's been boring me, good to make some use of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    This is great news!
    I've a copy of Battlefront 2 that's been boring me, good to make some use of it.

So, in I pop, throw that game up on the counter, no problems...
    "Do you have a loyalty card?"
    " Why yes, yes I do" pull the lvl 2 card from the wallet.
    "That'll be €15 please"

So, not too shabby.
    I think I got Battlefront 2 in a deal so it cost me about €20 in the first place, so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Binding of Isaac on Switch for €20 in Smyths. If you live in Tralee or Navan.
    linky

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Banjo wrote: »
    Binding of Isaac on Switch for €20 in Smyths. If you live in Tralee or Navan.
    linky

I have Isaac but I just can't get into it at all.

• Advertisement

I have it to. £19.99 on Base, so this is a good price. Not mad for it myself either. Enter the Gungeon gives a similar experience for a 1/4 the price. But some on here are mental for it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I have Isaac but I just can't get into it at all.

same here, it was free on PS+ ages ago, tried it several times and after 10 minutes each time i'd just put down the controller and load up something else, just could't get into it at all.

My son is a massive fan of the game, the story, the gameplay, the constant variation.
    I couldn't get into it myself but a physical copy is worth €20, particularly as it is a significant game for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths have Fire Emblem Warriors Switch for €30 but you gotta go to Talafornia as of posting this they've got 2

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/fire-emblem-warriors-nintendo-switch/p/161564

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I have it to. £19.99 on Base, so this is a good price. Not mad for it myself either. Enter the Gungeon gives a similar experience for a 1/4 the price. But some on here are mental for it.

Would fall into the "mental for it" category and appreciate the fact that some thought went into the port regarding unlocks and whatnot, but am a wee bit disappointed that some of the run-ending bugs (not to mention the straight up game-crashing bugs) also made the jump from PC. The 9 Lives/Sacrifice Room game crash has been a very well-known issue since the days of the original Afterbirth release of 2015. It was still there in Afterbirth+'s release and, guess what, it is also on the Switch version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

For anyone still wondering, that offer in gamestop is still going on with the game trade on the list of games.

Just got Bayonetta 2 on the switch for 18.99 (traded game) + 14.99 extra.

€33.98 is pretty good value for a new game.

Can you save any more if you then trade Bayonetta 2 back in, activate the Bayonetta 1 code and then buy Bayonetta 2 digitally with the discount afforded by owning B1? From South Africa?

Squeeze every last penny out of this deal!

BTW, the Tallaght copies of Fire Emblem Warriors were phantoms, still waiting on my order to be fulfilled. YoKai Watch is only a tenner though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

amadablam wrote: »
    For anyone still wondering, that offer in gamestop is still going on with the game trade on the list of games.

Just got Bayonetta 2 on the switch for 18.99 (traded game) + 14.99 extra.

€33.98 is pretty good value for a new game.

Went there yesterday for it. Said all the copies they have left are pre orders (cue the opening of a drawer with about 10 copies which I was told were not for general sale). :rolleyes:
    I took a copy of Monster Hunter World instead as it only cost me €35 quid and I can exchange it again :p

Can you save any more if you then trade Bayonetta 2 back in, activate the Bayonetta 1 code and then buy Bayonetta 2 digitally with the discount afforded by owning B1? From South Africa?

Squeeze every last penny out of this deal!

BTW, the Tallaght copies of Fire Emblem Warriors were phantoms, still waiting on my order to be fulfilled. YoKai Watch is only a tenner though!

Sorry boss I is real sorry, or is I muahhahahahahahaaaaaaA

• Advertisement

Proof once more that argos really does watch boards modern warfare gone up to €22.99 need to find a less chatty way of doing these deals for yourselves. Big brother is watching

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement