Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Proof once more that argos really does watch boards modern warfare gone up to €22.99 need to find a less chatty way of doing these deals for yourselves. Big brother is watching

If they ever want to shift the Callie and Marie amiibos they should drop them to €5.99 or less. Tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

You'd wanna stop stealth watching me or you'll replace a certain mod at the top of my heartthrob list, he had all the hearts you only had half but I'm willing to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Proof once more that argos really does watch boards modern warfare gone up to €22.99 need to find a less chatty way of doing these deals for yourselves. Big brother is watching

hezQk5p.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Can still order Flatout fairly cheaply online.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/flat-out-4-total-insanity-xbox-one/dgc-fo4tix1.htm

Can't believe GameStop are still looking for €50 for this, can get 3 copies of it for that price elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

amadablam wrote: »
    For anyone still wondering, that offer in gamestop is still going on with the game trade on the list of games.

Just got Bayonetta 2 on the switch for 18.99 (traded game) + 14.99 extra.

€33.98 is pretty good value for a new game.

I've come up with a way to get the game for 32.50euro or 27.50euro if you are a level 3 GameStop member

Argos have COD WW2 or 50 and the opportunity to get MW Remastered for 12.50 with it..

So trade WW2 into GameStop get 50 cash or 55 cash if you are level 3 .. 52.50euro if level one.. Then trade in MW remastered for Bayonetta for 20..

Not sure how long the trade credit equals cash offer lasts however but GameStop are starting to actually be pretty decent lately that is.

• Advertisement

I've come up with a way to get the game for 32.50euro or 27.50euro if you are a level 3 GameStop member

Argos have COD WW2 or 50 and the opportunity to get MW Remastered for 12.50 with it..

So trade WW2 into GameStop get 50 cash or 55 cash if you are level 3 .. 52.50euro if level one.. Then trade in MW remastered for Bayonetta for 20..

Not sure how long the trade credit equals cash offer lasts however but GameStop are starting to actually be pretty decent lately that is.

That offer is on until March 4th according to their email.

That offer is on until March 4th according to their email.

The offer of trade credit matches cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I traded in la noire last week paid I think 28 euros for it before xmess.

Got 42 Euro cash as gamestop lv2 thing.

Not bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Might have already been posted but Argos are now giving FIFA18 for free when you buy a Switch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Maybe this site was mentioned before?

https://eshop-prices.com/games?currency=EUR

came across this while looking for the cheapest place to buy payday 2, just type the game you want to look for and it pulls up where its the cheapest on eshop. seems norway and south africa are the only ones we can get near the top 4 /5

You can buy credit for the us store online . Caveat is that you'll lose excess credit it you don't clear down your balance before switching back. Mexico is the problem.

Btw payday is€44 in Argos, which is only €3.50 more than the US/Mex price, but with resale value and far less messing with accounts and funding.
    Edit : link
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8046664.htm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Maybe this site was mentioned before?

https://eshop-prices.com/games?currency=EUR

came across this while looking for the cheapest place to buy payday 2, just type the game you want to look for and it pulls up where its the cheapest on eshop. seems norway and south africa are the only ones we can get near the top 4 /5

Just bought Sonic from Russia & GolfStory from Norway yesterday
    I wish every console had this system

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

irishman86 wrote: »
    Just bought Sonic from Russia & GolfStory from Norway yesterday
    I wish every console had this system

Yes I got Sonic from the Russian shop a few weeks ago half price compared to the Irish shop. I don't even understand how this system makes sense but will use it while it lasts!

Bayonetta 2 is down to €30 on the Irish Eshop so probably reduced elsewhere although even south Africa shows it as €40

I'll trade in my hard copy now as its probably worth 30 at least in GS as CeX are giving 29 cash or 34 credit.

If you registered Bayonetta 1 you get a discount on B2. Since you're talking about trading in B2, I'm guessing you did. Still a handy -if circuitous- way of saving a fiver or so over Retail. Depending on when and where you bought it, and what you get on trade-in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm surprised more physical copy owners aren't selling on Bayonetta download codes.

Banjo wrote: »
    If you registered Bayonetta 1 you get a discount on B2. Since you're talking about trading in B2, I'm guessing you did. Still a handy -if circuitous- way of saving a fiver or so over Retail. Depending on when and where you bought it, and what you get on trade-in

I just prefer digital games for the Switch so it's handy to trade the hard copy for the digital. I'm almost sure that the GS level three boost will give me 50 credit on the trade.
    Worse case is cex gives 29 so I'm even :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mario Odyssey Switch bundle available for £275 from Argos eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352197358332

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Santy brought me that bundle for Christmas. Weird thing is the console knows that the Joycons are red. They appear red on screen in any notification/tutorial involving the Joycons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Santy brought me that bundle for Christmas. Weird thing is the console knows that the Joycons are red. They appear red on screen in any notification/tutorial involving the Joycons.

yup, there's stuff in the firmware that identifies the colour for the joycons - you can change it with a tool I've seen online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »

That's the same across the range afaik, mine has the neon controllers and it knows which one is which and displays same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Mario Odyssey Switch bundle available for £275 from Argos eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352197358332
    Doesn't seem to post to Ireland? Would normally turn to parcel motel I guess but it seems it's only pickup in store at an Argos. Not sure if they'd let you select a Dublin store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

amadablam wrote: »
    Bayonetta 2 is down to €30 on the Irish Eshop so probably reduced elsewhere although even south Africa shows it as €40

I'll trade in my hard copy now as its probably worth 30 at least in GS as CeX are giving 29 cash or 34 credit.

That's only the case because you've activated the Bayonetta 1 code. It shows as Purchased, and because of that, there's a discount on Bayonetta 2. For people who haven't activated the code or bought Bayonetta 1 separately, it's 49.99 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Doesn't seem to post to Ireland? Would normally turn to parcel motel I guess but it seems it's only pickup in store at an Argos. Not sure if they'd let you select a Dublin store.
    They don't. Went to see if I could do a Click & Collect for Newry, as it's handy to get to for me, but there doesn't seem to be any in stock anywhere in the North at all. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gamestop has reduced the switch to 300 euro! Can't actually buy it right now, since none of the stores are gonna be open again till the weekend, but you can get it online.

Gamestop has reduced the switch to 300 euro! Can't actually buy it right now, since none of the stores are gonna be open again till the weekend, but you can get it online.

So tempted to just trade in my switch and get 300 cash if that offer still on then buy new one ..I assume the offer is finished though wouldn't make sense to have it on people just trade in there switches for new one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

So tempted to just trade in my switch and get 300 cash if that offer still on then buy new one ..I assume the offer is finished though wouldn't make sense to have it on people just trade in there switches for new one

The 300 trade in poster was gone from my GameStop Monday. I was going to take advantage of it but I snoozed.
    I saw a ps4 on the poster too but didn't get to go into them.
    Too much procrastination on my part...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Finished main part of Mario Odyssey (loads of the game still left anyway i know) and have FIFA and Mario Kart for times when I don't have too much playtime.

Was thinking Zelda digital will be my next purchase. Does the price come down ever? It pricey.

Love the switch btw. First Nintendo since the NES.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Was thinking Zelda digital will be my next purchase. Does the price come down ever? It pricey.

i dont think BOTW will be price cut anytime soon tbh.

https://eshop-prices.com/games/378-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild?currency=EUR

its 51 euro in the SA eshop if yer going digital, bit better than the 70 quid mark

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement