Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭baldshin

Batman Telltale Season 1 for Switch is €10 in Smyth's at the minute, spotted in Galway. Also had most of the Lego games for WiiU for €5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

baldshin wrote: »
    Batman Telltale Season 1 for Switch is €10 in Smyth's at the minute, spotted in Galway. Also had most of the Lego games for WiiU for €5.

That means it is priority stock so no longer on the catalogue the prices will be subject to manager mark down so different in each store, bloody good bargain either way when I do get a switch again this is one of the games I'd like to play.

tldr prices may be different in each store for this stock as it is now on clearence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just to save some people a trip - no sign of Batman in Smyths in Childers Road in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

its not on the website, but hte PS4 and XBOx versions are that price too, so looks legit-ish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭baldshin

baldshin wrote: »

Saw the same games in Smyth's Navan- Batman was €20 and the others €15, so seems the stores are deciding prices independently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

None in stock in Limerick. If anyone comes across a spare copy, let me know. Looking for a decent copy for a while around the 15-20 mark. It's not worth more than that, definitely not the 35, as the lowest I've seen it at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

No Batman in Symths Airside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

chrislad wrote: »
    None in stock in Limerick. If anyone comes across a spare copy, let me know. Looking for a decent copy for a while around the 15-20 mark. It's not worth more than that, definitely not the 35, as the lowest I've seen it at.

I can sell you mine at cost when I finish it you just cover postage.. So 10euro + postage

Weird I get 45 gold coins from Batman Telltale whereas with LA Noire and stuff I only get like 14 coins..

• Nintendo switch wired controllers are 24.99 in Argos atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just seen base.com are selling the upcoming games Mario Tennis and Donkey Kong Tropical freeze for €45 each. Has anyone used base before? Are they reliable and what are their delivery times like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just seen base.com are selling the upcoming games Mario Tennis and Donkey Kong Tropical freeze for €45 each. Has anyone used base before? Are they reliable and what are their delivery times like?

Base are very reliable, shipping usually takes about a week.

Seems like a pretty good deal so. These games will both probably retail for at least €55 or possibly €60 in Smyths and Argos. I won't hazard a guess what Gamestop will charge for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I really hope Base are reliable. I went all out on the upcoming Yakuza 6 Premium Edition. :o

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I really hope Base are reliable. I went all out on the upcoming Yakuza 6 Premium Edition. :o

They're reliable, I use them pretty frequently even got the Persona 5 Take Your Heart Edition through them as they sold it for £10 less than anywhere else, cost me €9 more than GameStop were selling the Steelbook Launch Edition. Saved even more by using Parcel Wizard as they were looking for £10 shipping to here but was free to NI.

They're reliable, I use them pretty frequently even got the Persona 5 Take Your Heart Edition through them as they sold it for £10 less than anywhere else, cost me €9 more than GameStop were selling the Steelbook Launch Edition. Saved even more by using Parcel Wizard as they were looking for £10 shipping to here but was free to NI.

Their postage for the switch games to Ireland seems to be just over €1 which is brilliant.

Their postage for the switch games to Ireland seems to be just over €1 which is brilliant.

Their postage is €1.29 on small items like dvds, blurays and games, larger items cost about €12. Just remember they also adjust the price for Irish vat like Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I thought I saw someone post in here a deal on the Collectors Edition of Axiom Verge but I can't find it anymore.

Can anyone help me out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

NBA 2k18 is 35 in Smyth's anyone tried it out? Is it worth getting I've been watching a lot of basketball lately highly enjoyable so tempted to pick this up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

128GB Samsung EVO Plus MicroSDXC for £29.99. Grade 3 class
    http://www.picstop.co.uk/micro-sdxc/samsung-evo-plus-micro-sdxc-uhs-i-card-with-adapter-128gb.html
    (Have never used them so not sure what delivery is like)

Or if you want to buy from amazon £34.55
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Class-Memory-MicroSD-Adapter/dp/B06XFX9N84

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

NBA 2k18 is 35 in Smyth's anyone tried it out? Is it worth getting I've been watching a lot of basketball lately highly enjoyable so tempted to pick this up

From what I've heard, it's supposed to have launched badly, but the patches have made it quite good. There's a big download though, so you'll need a memory card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 WithTheRanks

CastorTroy wrote: »
    128GB Samsung EVO Plus MicroSDXC for £29.99. Grade 3 class
    http://www.picstop.co.uk/micro-sdxc/samsung-evo-plus-micro-sdxc-uhs-i-card-with-adapter-128gb.html
    (Have never used them so not sure what delivery is like)

Or if you want to buy from amazon £34.55
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Class-Memory-MicroSD-Adapter/dp/B06XFX9N84

Cheers! I was just about to buy a card for my switch, had almost hit buy on a card slower card for £10 more.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075NFTX36?tag=ho01f-21
    Skyrim for £36 on Amazon. Puts it on par with buying digitally via Jo'burg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

How does she run on the Switch boss?

I have no basis for comparison. I've only played it on switch and mostly undocked. Runs grand. Ipmayedit religious for a couple of weeks, but then I took an arrow to the knee. I mean bought Odyssey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone seen any bargains for a switch? games not needed as i have physicals already... my younglad wants his own switch for his room so need to get a second

anyone seen any bargains for a switch? games not needed as i have physicals already... my younglad wants his own switch for his room so need to get a second

You could be a good dad and give him yours :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I think GameStop have them for 300 at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You could be a good dad and give him yours :pac:

I let my child have mine. Granted its a playstation control but we both go through the frustrations of being terrible at playing games

irishman86 wrote: »
    I let my child have mine. Granted its a playstation control but we both go through the frustrations of being terrible at playing games

Your an evil genius :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not a specific bargain alert, but I got an email from 365games.co.uk because I hadn't used them for a while and I received £5 in credit to use on anything as long as I use it within 7 days. Might be worth checking emails or spam folder if you bought off them before but not for a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement