Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

According to my Skyrim addicted son, who also owns it on the PS3, the Switch version is amazing, pretty much his favourite and you can play it on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

While I've not played it in a while, as other shiny things came up, Skyrim on Switch plays amazingly. I've gotten a good 20 hours plus into it, with no real issues (Hey, it is a Bethesda game!) - I've 100%ed it on both the PC and Xbox 360, but I'm still really enjoying it as a portable option on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Skyrim on the Switch is the fourth time I've bought that game - Xbox, PC and Xbox One - and it's still the game that's eating up most of my time when it comes to single player. Even this time around I'm seeing stuff and finding quests that are new to me,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Easter Sale has started. Seem to be some decent bargains there but I'm not able to format a full list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The Easter Sale has started. Seem to be some decent bargains there but I'm not able to format a full list.

Full list here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/03/nintendo_download_special_offers_22nd_march_europe

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

fixxxer wrote: »

That price has now dropped further to €263.96

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Bob24 wrote: »

Got Axiom Verge for 5.35 with my gold points taken into account - some were gonna expire at the end of the month (I'm still pissed that we got so screwed on gold points)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Not surprised, absolutely insane prices
    Friend of mine recently paid over 20 euro for the same usb Wi-Fi adaptor that you'd get for a euro online

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/86du7n/eu_full_list_of_games_on_sale_with_metacritic/

This post has the prices from the German Store but also Metacritic scores for each game.

I'm thinking Axiom Verge, Blossom Tales and Steamworld Dig for less than €31. Good choices or would people recommend something different?

• Advertisement

Fe for €12.99 looks like it would be worth it.

Fe for €12.99 looks like it would be worth it.

I thought that looked very like Ori and The Blind Forest but I thought I read in here someone got it and it wasn't great :confused:

89 cent for "no Thing" on Switch in the SA store m8s

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I thought that looked very like Ori and The Blind Forest but I thought I read in here someone got it and it wasn't great :confused:

Reviews I saw sung between a 6ish to an 8ish. I liked the art style but wasn't sure it was worth it. At that price I will give it a go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Owlboy any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Just got Fé myself. With my gold coins i got it for just over €8. Probably wouldn't have got it at €20 but for that price it's worth a shot. Reviews have ranged from decent to good online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just got Fé myself. With my gold coins i got it for just over €8. Probably wouldn't have got it at €20 but for that price it's worth a shot. Reviews have ranged from decent to good online.
    Do let us know how it goes 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Used my Irish gold coins to get Super One More Jump for free.
    Used my SA gold coins to get Axiom Verge for about €7.

I deposited 100 Rand (~6.50) and got No Thing, You Sir The Insult Simulator, and Kamiko, with coins and money left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Bought Axiom Verge off the Russian Wii U eShop for exactly €3. An absolute bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm hovering over either getting Blossom Tales with my coins, or going for Steamworld Dig (I've already finished it three times but love it), and Serial Cleaner. Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got Blossom Tales myself, really enjoying it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Looking to pick up a physical copy of Doom for the Switch. No joy in city centre shops in Dublin, gamecard only on Amazon. Any recommendations for other online sellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Xofpod wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a physical copy of Doom for the Switch. No joy in city centre shops in Dublin, gamecard only on Amazon. Any recommendations for other online sellers?

Terraformer has it if you check the swap thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Do let us know how it goes 😀

Played Fé for an hour or so this evening. It feels like a 3D Ori game. Which is no bad thing.
    Not having the ability to attack takes getting used to. So far i like it. But only scratched the surface yet.
    Review in progress :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

bought the original Steamworld Dig for 4.99, less than the cost of a decent pint.

Really enjoyed Steamworld Dig 2 except for the final boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Gonzo wrote: »
    bought the original Steamworld Dig for 4.99, less than the cost of a decent pint.

I’ve heard some great things about Steamworld Dig 2; might pick up the first one and give it a shot.

I got Skyrim (again) yesterday. Thanks CiDeRmAn, chrislad, and super_furry for convincing me! Think it’s the third time I’ve bought it! I’ve only played it in handheld mode so far. You can see the graphical detail is on a lower level to the PS3 and HD remaster, but still it looks good. Amazing to think we can play such a great game on a handheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Human fall flat any good, serious reduced in Mexico, can, us

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

sweetie wrote: »
    Human fall flat any good, serious reduced in Mexico, can, us
    I enjoyed it. It's a physics platformer where part of the challenge is controlling your avatar. It really depends on if you're into those types of games, so maybe check a gameplay video first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Terraformer has it if you check the swap thread

NOW I see the swap thread.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement