Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Danonino. wrote: »
    Might be a weird one but.... anyone know anywhere that still has a brand new Wii U?

Sligeach probably has on still in the wrap.
    I think he said he got two, might be willing to part with it

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

sweetie wrote: »
    Snake pass is reduced to 9.99, is it worth getting?

At 50% off its definitely worth trying. It isn't near as bad as some people say. The game rewards slow(sometimes very slow!) methodical platforming and using the 'grip' button a lot. There is a few camera issues at times though.

I wouldn't put it anywhere near a 'games to be avoided' list. That's nonsense. Leave that sh*te to the likes of Vroom in the Night Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sligeach probably has on still in the wrap.
    I think he said he got two, might be willing to part with it

Yeah that’s what I was hoping, missed the last consoles in Smyth and kind of forgot about it. Been thinking about it the last week or so where a sealed one would be perfect. Might instead look at a second gamepad.

It’s the gamepad being one piece, when the sticks finally fail or a button goes etc what’s the plan 5 years from now ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Yeah that’s what I was hoping, missed the last consoles in Smyth and kind of forgot about it. Been thinking about it the last week or so where a sealed one would be perfect. Might instead look at a second gamepad.

It’s the gamepad being one piece, when the sticks finally fail or a button goes etc what’s the plan 5 years from now ha ha

Sure just get a switch all the good wii u games are ported

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

magnumbud wrote: »
    Sure just get a switch all the good wii u games are ported

Ha ha
    True, but I already have a switch, I still want to be able to throw wonderful 101 or Pikmin 3 into the Wii U in 10 years time is all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Ha ha
    True, but I already have a switch, I still want to be able to throw wonderful 101 or Pikmin 3 into the Wii U in 10 years time is all :D

they'll probably be out on it soon :P anyway say it would be hard to find a new one at this point unless you can find online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

magnumbud wrote: »
    they'll probably be out on it soon :P anyway say it would be hard to find a new one at this point unless you can find online

A Pikmin HD trilogy release would definitely be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Nintendo need to make the first proper cloud streaming console, so we can have all the old stuff and all the new stuff without having to constantly buy new consoles. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

They still hold up really well. The first one is a perfect game IMO. They started adding more "content" (really ****ing hate that word) from the second game onwards but it diluted it quite a bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

fixxxer wrote: »
    Nintendo need to make the first proper cloud streaming console, so we can have all the old stuff and all the new stuff without having to constantly buy new consoles. :p

They can barely pull together a persistent online account for users and you want them to make console that lives online?
    Well, good luck with that.
    I would shudder at the idea tbh.
    My Nintendo is a company of games worth playing, and in physical form too.
    The last thing I need is another console whose content is intangible, and at the whim of the company running the server.

• Advertisement

A Metroid Prime trilogy release would be even better. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They still hold up really well. The first one is a perfect game IMO. They started adding more "content" (really ****ing hate that word) from the second game onwards but it diluted it quite a bit.

I'd argue that they perfected it with Pikmin 3. It's a beautiful little wonder of a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

They can barely pull together a persistent online account for users and you want them to make console that lives online?
    Well, good luck with that.
    I would shudder at the idea tbh.
    My Nintendo is a company of games worth playing, and in physical form too.
    The last thing I need is another console whose content is intangible, and at the whim of the company running the server.

Comment was tonge in cheek, but I've embraced an all digital Switch. I'm sure we can't be far off having games as a service as one way companies will chose to save costs on making consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Saw this thread bumped and no bargains :(

Crash Bandicoot is £28 on Amazon.co.uk.

Hyrule Warriors is £39.85 on Base (which gets bumped up slightly due to Irish tax etc), cheaper than Amazon which is £42

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I picked up Super Bomberman R for €22.09 last night from the Russian eShop in the sale. It's £24.99 off the UK/IE site and the cheapest online physical copy I could find is £33.19.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Mr E wrote: »
    Go to play-asia.com and buy some US credit there.

https://www.play-asia.com/search/eshop#fc=v:4

You'll need to set up a US account on your Switch (easy to do)

Any chance you could tell me how to set up a US eshop account?
    I wouldn't mind buying Lego City either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Any chance you could tell me how to set up a US eshop account?
    I wouldn't mind buying Lego City either.

Create a new user account the same as you did when you got the switch and select your 'location'

https://accounts.nintendo.com/

Sign into it on your switch when complete.

You can have as many accounts as you like
    ;)

I've bought from multiple stores using my personal cards from and no problem with payments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, I have my main account, a US account, a South African account and a Russian account. When some genius figures out how to pay from a Mexican account, I'll create one of those too. :)

We just have to hope that when the online paid service comes that all our purchases will work on the one Switch with the multiple sourced games!

We just have to hope that when the online paid service comes that all our purchases will work on the one Switch with the multiple sourced games!

Blasphemous thinking :D

yawamqM.png

• Advertisement

Looks like they have either blocked the South African Eshop or there are issues with it. It's on another site too. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

amadablam wrote: »
    Looks like they have either blocked the South African Eshop or there are issues with it. It's on another site too. :o

Hopefully just a temporary glitch, but apparently Nintendo had told a South African website in November they were planning to do something about the situation: https://sagamer.co.za/2017/11/29/change-coming-sa-switch-eshop-due-games-cheapest-globally

From my perspective I of course like the way things are right now, but tbh I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't simply restrict the eShop country to the credit card's billing address (not just to enforce their national pricing strategies, but also because they are possibly taking a legal risk not to charge VAT in the right country).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mr E wrote:
    Yep, I have my main account, a US account, a South African account and a Russian account. When some genius figures out how to pay from a Mexican account, I'll create one of those too.

I have. I setup a Mexican PayPal account and it works great for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

sweetie wrote: »
    I have. I setup a Mexican PayPal account and it works great for me.
    Do tell! Was it difficult to do??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

amadablam wrote: »

Just bought xenoblade chronicles 2 on the SA store on Saturday. Talk about a lucky break.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

deadl0ck wrote:
    Do tell! Was it difficult to do??

Setup a Mexican PayPal account using my revolut card and the Mexican embassy address. Created Mexican Nintendo account and added the PayPal, bought Celeste. Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Don't worry, ZA store is back up, it was temporary. Now, spend! Spend like the wind!

Banjo wrote: »
    Don't worry, ZA store is back up, it was temporary. Now, spend! Spend like the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Any good deals in South Africa right now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Almost everything is good value in ZA, just bear in mind that most retail titles that are 60ish in the EU are 40ish in ZA. So look at what's on sale generally, most of the deals are better in ZA. Bomberman is about 22, Thimbleweed Park is about 8. Arms is probably 22ish. Just log out of My Nintendo or open a private browser window and take a look at nintendo.co.za.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement