Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Even with applying the code Telltale Batman is still twice the price as it is on other formats. I don't even know why I wanna play this game on the Switch, the Telltale games have all just been cruising on the goodwill generated by the first Walking Dead game and that was 6 years ago. Just one of those things, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Even with applying the code Telltale Batman is still twice the price as it is on other formats. I don't even know why I wanna play this game on the Switch, the Telltale games have all just been cruising on the goodwill generated by the first Walking Dead game and that was 6 years ago. Just one of those things, I guess.

Those telltale games pretty much end up being free to be honest with you

Not really surprising since they're all rim

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭anitaca

Switch Pro Controller €53.35 inlcuding delivery from amazon.fr until tonight using FRENCHDAYS10

will it be worth it for mario kart and rocket league? hmm

edit: ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

€20 off a €100 spend on Nintendo Switch in Smyths! Includes consoles, games, accessories!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Good deals right now on Amazon.de for Sandisk SD cards e.g. 400Gb has €87 off if you want to get the biggest card out there at the moment. Already has a 3-6 week delivery waiting time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Villan11

€20 off a €100 spend on Nintendo Switch in Smyths! Includes consoles, games, accessories!

Nice one, daughters communion on 19th May and she was gonna but it then, might get it for her early?

Am I reading it right that as console is €300+ there is a €60 discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Villan11 wrote: »

I'd say it's €20 per transaction, not per hundred

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Nice one, daughters communion on 19th May and she was gonna but it then, might get it for her early?

Unfortunately not, just the €20 I'd day. It's off "€100 Or more"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No, its still €20 off. The offer is €20 off when you spend €100 or more, not €20 off every €100 you spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Villan11

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd say it's €20 per transaction, not per hundred

I think you're correct :(

In-store only, Ends Friday 18th May.

*€20 off when you spend €100 or more on Nintendo Switch products in-store only is valid from Monday 30th April - Friday 18th May inclusive in ROI only. Discount calculated at the checkout. No voucher necessary. This offer is not valid for Home Delivery or Click and Collect orders. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers or discount vouchers and are not redeemable for cash or gift vouchers. If items purchased in conjunction with this offer are returned at a later date, the cash value exchanged will be refunded. Offer excludes purchases of gift savings, digital download or POSA cards, plastic bags, video games, games consoles, gaming chairs, Samsung, and Kurio tablets, Skylanders figures, Disney Infinity figures, Amiibo figures, LEGO Dimensions, POP! Vinyl figures, Gaming figures, Gaming plush or electronics. Customer limits apply. No bulk buying. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other promotional offers or money off vouchers. We reserve the right to withdraw, alter or decline this offer without prior notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

And Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey are both only €49.99. Maybe a good excuse for someone to get Labo for their kid and treat themselves to a game all for a hundred odd quid :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If your buying console and games I'd suggest the following.

Switch - €329 - €20 off at checkout.

Mario + Zelda - €110 - €20 off at checkout.

Pro Controller + Rayman - €105 - €20 off at checkout.

Try add different combinations of what she wants to get over €100 every time. This way you'll get the most €20 discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If your buying console and games I'd suggest the following.

Switch - €329 - €20 off at checkout.

Mario + Zelda - €110 - €20 off at checkout.

Pro Controller + Rayman - €105 - €20 off at checkout.

Try add different combinations of what she wants to get over €100 every time. This way you'll get the most €20 discounts.

You can also bring a Switch game to Gamestop and get money off the Labo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I would say it works like this.

Buy console - get 20 off.

Buy two games totaling 100+, get 20 off. Rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

This is a decent deal. Im picking up 2 games after work, South Park for me and Zelda for a mate of mine. €10 saving for each of us. Ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

This is a decent deal. Im picking up 2 games after work, South Park for me and Zelda for a mate of mine. €10 saving for each of us. Ideal!

Just a heads up (and one short on details), but I saw people talking about a game-breaking bug in South Park on Switch. I don't own it so didn't look into it, but might be worth a Google

Just did a quick bit of research. Seems to be an issue late in the game and it's very avoidable. Now that I know what to avoid it shouldnt be much of an issue.
    Thanks very much for the heads up though.

Seems like a few people are encountering other bugs here and there with it too. Hopefully these will get patched out like the Xbox/PS4 versions were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Probably already mentioned but Lumo physical version is going for 22 in Argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Is the pro controller worth getting? Might order one if worthwhile. Still haven't unboxed my switch but probably should as read a few reports of trouble out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Is the pro controller worth getting? Might order one if worthwhile. Still haven't unboxed my switch but probably should as read a few reports of trouble out of the box.

I'd say it's pretty much essential if you use it a lot when it's docked for games like zelda. Battery life is really good too. I bought one a short time after the switch and think it's a great controller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

amadablam wrote: »
    I'd say it's pretty much essential if you use it a lot when it's docked for games like zelda. Battery life is really good too. I bought one a short time after the switch and think it's a great controller.

Sound thanks. The reason I posted here is I'm going to get it in Smyths while there's €20 off (was going to post about that but somebody got there before me) . I could see myself being more comfortable with that than the joy cons as it looks more like an xbox/ps4 controller which I'm used to and I'd more than likely play zelda while it's docked. I'll probably try pick one up tomorrow so.

I find it very good but not a necessity. The joy cons in the grip are great and i still use them.
    If you can get it as part of a discount though it's probably worth it. I didn't pay full price for mine either.
    The battery life on it is fantastic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Any time it's docked i use the pro but it's not essential. Not right away anyway, you can get by with joycons. If you only play docked a wired controller is a cheap option.

But the pro has its own usb charger cable that charges the switch so you don't need to lug around the big plug.

It is a great controller though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I don't like the shoulder buttons of the pro, not sure how to describe it, they are a bit soft and not springy enough. Otherwise a very nice controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

Is the memory card needed straight away was thinking of getting switch with maybe Mario Cart and Splatoon

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rahern wrote: »
    Is the memory card needed straight away was thinking of getting switch with maybe Mario Cart and Splatoon

Are you buying the games digitally? Even if you are you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

You won't need to get one yet unless you want to get a them digitally and other games. It has about 25gb of free space. Even Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 are only ~7 and 3gb each. Some of the 3rd party games even on carts do require large downloads though.
    rahern wrote: »

:P
    hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

I was picking one up for 7 year old son .just didn't know if he would need one straight away for games.thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Any bargain alerts around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mentioned in the other thread, but worth posting here.

Preorder Donkey Kong Country: Tropic Freeze in Smyths for €44.99.

It will be €50 on release day (without the preorder discount).

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-nintendo-switch/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-nintendo-switch/p/165235

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement