Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Still browsing Argos.... Anyone need a black M+ WiiMote?
    WiiParty U - €18.99!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭vandriver

Out of stock everywhere

Did someone just reserve it from that link?
    I think I got your reservation number texted to me! Taking the link down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword isn't bad for €18.99. Not as good as Xenoblade price, but still good.

Only 1 in every store - http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2049526

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Saw the Xenoblade thing on the UK one last night and wasn't gonna post until had 1 reserved on the Irish one, then I come in here and see the party is already half over with nearly all the beer gone and only the weird crisp flavours left :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Allyall wrote: »
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword isn't bad for €18.99. Not as good as Xenoblade price, but still good.

Only 1 in every store - http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2049526

I was told in store today by the manager that the WiiU will probably get a big price drop at the end of April.
    It's really not selling at all. Selling more mini Wii than WiiU by a long shot.

It had a massive price drop a few weeks ago in Currys/PC World (€149 for Premium pack).

If they do it in Argos, it will probably be limited to a certain amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I was told in store today by the manager that the WiiU will probably get a big price drop at the end of April.
    It's really not selling at all. Selling more mini Wii than WiiU by a long shot.

Wow. If it drops enough, I'll buy a second one.

Small consolation for my complete loss of faith in humankind. Morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    BTW, has anyone picked one up yet? Is it real?

Yup: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89435767&postcount=8303

Anyone had luck ordering it for collection in a store?

I went through all the steps, entering mobile no. and email etc and clicking reserve, and I got a reservation email without any reservation number, so I presume they have ordering for stock that they don't have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Corholio wrote: »
    Anyone had luck ordering it for collection in a store?

I went through all the steps, entering mobile no. and email etc and clicking reserve, and I got a reservation email without any reservation number, so I presume they have ordering for stock that they don't have.

yes, I reserved on for collection next week in jervis and then got an text to say it was ready today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

sweetie wrote: »
    yes, I reserved on for collection next week in jervis and then got an text to say it was ready today!

I reserved for collection next week too. It said they will text me again when it arrives in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

abbir wrote: »
    I reserved for collection next week too. It said they will text me again when it arrives in store.

Yes, I received the second text though. Picking it up on way home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

sweetie wrote: »
    Yes, I received the second text though. Picking it up on way home

The email said it'd be available on Saturday so I'm still hopeful :)

I tried to reserve it earlier in a couple of stores and was brought to the sold out page, even though it said Item could be ordered..

In the end I reserved the last one in another store. I hope they don't sell it to someone before I get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

Allyall wrote: »
    It had a massive price drop a few weeks ago in Currys/PC World (€149 for Premium pack).

If they do it in Argos, it will probably be limited to a certain amount.

Are they still doing it do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have a xenoblade reserve code for argos in Santry if anyone needs one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

cloud493 wrote: »
    I have a xenoblade reserve code for argos in Santry if anyone needs one.

Ill take that code please, if you still have it. (Missed out on my local store, but My bro can pick that up for me :)) Thanks!

Anyone with a reservation code for either Dublin or Cork, I'd be extremely grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just picking mine up now! :D

• Advertisement

xabi wrote: »
    Are they still doing it do you know?

I don't think so, but I had to ask in store anyway, as it didn't seem to be advertised anywhere. Maybe if you go in and ask they'll offer one of the bundles. I know they still had the Zombiiu bundle with the pro controller and ZombiiU game for ~ €200.
    EDIT - I forgot to mention, they were all in the back, not on the Shop Floor.

Just off Phone to Argos. They said they might have more Xenoblade Chronicles in store next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nintendo2kop

If anybody has a reservation code for Xenoblade in Dublin, please can I have it? I got the very last bundle on reserve code but it's in Monaghan and lol no way I can make it up there. It's mad, I heard about this deal last night on the UK website and then checked the Irish website but it had no results for Xenoblade when I typed it in, so I thought it must be a UK thing until this afternoon. Sick, absolutely sick.

I've done my good deed for the day, giving my reservation code for Argos in Monaghan to member ahnowbrowncow

I hope somebody can please help me out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Tried reserving myself but to no avail. went into the store and it said they had none in any store.
    Hopefully get them back in.

I've done my good deed for the day, giving my reservation code for Argos in Monaghan to member ahnowbrowncow

I hope somebody can please help me out too.
    evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Tried reserving myself but to no avail. went into the store and it said they had none in any store.
    Hopefully get them back in.

While I was on phone, I had forgotten I had asked my sister if she was near any argos, to see if she could get it in store.
    Guy told her they were getting them in next week, and asked did she want to reserve it. She said yes, and he was unable to. He asked her to ring them next Thursday and do it then..
    I'm now more confused, I don't know if that means he had incorrect info, or if they are getting them.

New Super Luigi is on Amazon for £19.99 It's the cheapest I've seen it anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Little prícks are selling Xenoblade on adverts for €50 already, fcukin lynch mob time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have one xenoblade code left for swords if anyone wants it :)

cloud493 wrote: »
    I have one xenoblade code left for swords if anyone wants it :)

Yes please! Please!

CRUD!! Was hoping for Swords..

@nintendo2kop, if you are in Kildare, and get above code, fancy swapping for Portlaoise? Or are you no longer in Kildare..?

• Advertisement

Lv now xeno free. Hurray! Have a spare code for dun laoghaire if Sweetie doesn't need it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement