Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Thanks for the FIFA post OP, been close to pulling the trigger plenty of times before but as I already have it and PES on PS4 and PES on PC I left it. Will be perfect for a few games in between world cup matches, particularly the boring ones! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

sligeach wrote: »
    It won't be completely worthless and it's not all about trading it in. You can lend it or swap it with another person. Can't do that with digital. Gamestop do deals from time to time where you can trade in any game and buy a new game for a heavily discounted price. You can't ever trade a digital game and so in that regard are completely worthless.

I'm all for physical games but they are not worthless if digital. I have MK8 and Fifa18 digital along with many eshop games and its great not needing to the switch the Carts. I actually regret not getting Zelda Physical as it gets so much play time but the Collector edition was worth it. Fifa on which is a proper gem offline and online.

Symths extending spend 100e get 20e is sweet though. Tempted for DK, Doom, Splatoon. But I know they drop in price. Would love Splatoon release with the single player DLC on Cart for years down the line play after servers close down.That is one reason I'm not loving digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I just sold my physical copy of fifa for €23. That's pretty good in my opinion. That's a lot of money to put towards another game. For games like fifa I'll always go physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Anyone know of an deals going anywhere on a switch and a few games ?

I just sold my physical copy of fifa for €23. That's pretty good in my opinion. That's a lot of money to put towards another game. For games like fifa I'll always go physical.

You’re getting rid of it the day before the World Cup update? FIFA is one game I’d always buy digital. Playing it for a full year most years or at least until late May and even if I’ve stopped playing it I wouldn’t be without it when I’ve friends around. By the time the next one is nearly out they’re practically worthless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hukd appropriation!
    Amazon de have 5 for 3 for switch games, including Odyssey, BotW, Kirby, South park, Mario kart, both Labo kits, DK.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5-for-3-on-selected-games-movies-and-music-albums-ie-legends-of-zelda-mario-kart-mario-odyssey-donky-kong-splatoon-2-for-13380-amazonde-2946596

(Kirby, SP and Labo get mentioned in the comments, didn't see them myself but don't have 150 quid so didn't go looking!)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Banjo wrote: »
    Hukd appropriation!
    Amazon de have 5 for 3 for switch games, including Odyssey, BotW, Kirby, South park, Mario kart, both Labo kits, DK.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5-for-3-on-selected-games-movies-and-music-albums-ie-legends-of-zelda-mario-kart-mario-odyssey-donky-kong-splatoon-2-for-13380-amazonde-2946596

(Kirby, SP and Labo get mentioned in the comments, didn't see them myself but don't have 150 quid so didn't go looking!)

Great deal, had a look and price is coming in at 243 via amazon.de?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Great deal, had a look and price is coming in at 243 via amazon.de?

Same as the last time this deal came up, you have to click through all the way to the final stage before ordering before the discount is applied.

I have Xenoblade, DKTF, Bayonetta, Kirby and South Park in my basket and the price is €166

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

You’re getting rid of it the day before the World Cup update? FIFA is one game I’d always buy digital. Playing it for a full year most years or at least until late May and even if I’ve stopped playing it I wouldn’t be without it when I’ve friends around. By the time the next one is nearly out they’re practically worthless.

Decided to get rid of it now while it's still worth something. I've played single player and online to death. Most of my mates own a copy so if we're having a games night we can still play it.
    I wouldn't call over €20 worthless, quite the opposite. €20 discount on my next purchase is huge. Would you rather pay €55 or €35 for your next game purchase? I know what I'd choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ordered Labo multi and Robo kits, Bayonetta (with code for Bayonetta 1), Kirby and Donkey Kong all for €195 delivered.

• Advertisement

Decided to get rid of it now while it's still worth something. I've played single player and online to death. Most of my mates own a copy so if we're having a games night we can still play it.
    I wouldn't call over €20 worthless, quite the opposite. €20 discount on my next purchase is huge. Would you rather pay €55 or €35 for your next game purchase? I know what I'd choose.

Ah yeah sorry €20 is decent, I meant around August just before the new one is out is when they usually become worthless. I see your point, I don’t play games so often anymore so I’m a long way from burnt out on FIFA and in honesty I played PES more this year anyway so I’m looking forward to getting stuck into the World Cup mode over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Banjo wrote: »
    Hukd appropriation!

Why did you post this?

I just got paid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

From HUKD:

Xenoblade Chronicles £26.99 (£29.99 before getting 10% off) at Music Magpie. Free UK delivery. Will need Parcel Motel or Addresspal etc.

https://store.musicmagpie.co.uk/products/xenoblade-chronicles-2?utm_source=249371&utm_medium=awin&utm_campaign=digidip+UK+and+USA+-+Incentivized&sc=28626&name=digidip+UK+and+USA+-+Incentivized&awc=5792_1527702588_6114b41f0f15382433a145b78cc676a4&dclid=CNKt29D_rdsCFcuD7Qod1xEN2A

Edit: It just went out of stock as I posted it :( But worth keeping an eye on.

Edit: Back in stock (7.14pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Anyone know the best place to get 3DS games, GF bought one and by jesus are the games over priced... €45 for Mario Kart hahaha.

Mainly looking for Yoshi's Wooley game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Anyone know the best place to get 3DS games, GF bought one and by jesus are the games over priced... €45 for Mario Kart hahaha.

Mainly looking for Yoshi's Wooley game?

You get offers from time to time, you just need to hang in there!

Hduk seems to get most of the offers, so a good place to keep an eye on.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/various-nintendo-3ds-games-new-with-10-off-eg-pokemon-crystal-silver-449-music-magpie-2947535

Paddy

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    You get offers from time to time, you just need to hang in there!

Hduk seems to get most of the offers, so a good place to keep an eye on.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/various-nintendo-3ds-games-new-with-10-off-eg-pokemon-crystal-silver-449-music-magpie-2947535

Paddy

Thanks, Amazon have Yoshi for £50 so gonna try install custom firmware so fingers crossed.

That was 15£ with the amiibo only a month or two ago, but only for prime users. And that wasn't the first time - Give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Try Argos for Yoshi they had it a while back without the amiibo for €23

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks Bandit, picked up Fire Emblem Warriors for a tenner in Smyth's, as well as Battlefield 1 with the dlc for another tenner and Mass Effect Andromeda for a fiver, those two for the XB1.

You're welcome. It's a good game I'm looking forward to seeing what my animal crossing amiibo cards unlock in the game.

• Advertisement

It's random rupees and crafting bits. Don't know if you get better stuff with FE-specific figures, as I was not arsed checking.

I've got all the FE amiibo except Alm and Celicia (thanks gameslop) :/

Try Argos for Yoshi they had it a while back without the amiibo for €23

Not even on their site now, it's grand installed custom firmware and downloaded it, already had it on the Wii U so great replaying it with Poochy years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Any one know the best place to get a switch? Or if there is any sales coming up?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Any one know the best place to get a switch? Or if there is any sales coming up?

Cheers

Smyth's have €20 off if you spend over €100 on Nintendo stuff.

Amazon.de had 5 for 3 on games

Simply games had the console for £249 (around €285 using Revolut)

http://www.simplygames.com/p/nintendo-switch-neon-redneon-blue-nintendo-switch

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Smyth's have €20 off if you spend over €100 on Nintendo stuff.
    Offer ended today.
    Amazon.de had 5 for 3 on games
    It's the console I'm after.
    Simply games had the console for £249 (around €285 using Revolut)

http://www.simplygames.com/p/nintendo-switch-neon-redneon-blue-nintendo-switch

They seem to want to charge £15 for delivery to Parcel Motel or £20 to Ireland? Perhaps I'm doing it wrong? Ah AddressPal!!! :)

Anyway I've been triggered by the news of the Switch hack. Best deal I can find is Amazon Warehouse FR with delivery to PM for €276. Of course it will probably come with a EU power thingy but that shouldn't be an insurmountable hurdle (it's basically a USB-C cable yes?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Is the SA store the cheapest for Splatoon at the moment?

Im thinking of buying splatoon and the expansion but seems about €50 for the base game.

Not really into hard copies at the moment unless it's a bargain ðŸ˜

EDIT: Bought

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Astro Bears is 99c on the eshop, seems like it'd be great fun for local multiplayer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Corholio wrote: »

If anyone wants a reservation code for Argos in Swords, drop me a PM. They were one of the few stores to actually have it in stock. I was asked to get it for a friend who's now changed his mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement