Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CeX paying a premium for Switch at the moment €275 cash selling them for €330 same as retail price Argos givng Cars 3 free with switch is best offer currently as it's €330 minus the cent. Wii U never really went on sale in shops aside from fire sale or slight knockdowns, Nintendo don't do hardware sales.

Online is a different matter keep an eye on hotukdeals.com it's the go to place for online bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Summer sale up now. See the Reddit Thread below to a short list

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/922cij/switch_summer_sale_now_live_in_the_uk/

Link to full sale below but it's to the UK store so prices are a bit off but discount is correct.

https://psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?platform=Switch&display=table&sort=date&page=1

Some highlights

South Park down to €36
    Puyo Puyo Tetris down to €20
    Super Meat Boy down to €7.80
    Furi down to €12

Edit: Mario and Rabbids is showing as €40 and no discount. I thought that was a €60 game?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Need for Speed Most Wanted for Wii U €12 in CEX.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=5030930109813&categoryName=wii-u-software&superCatName=gaming&title=need-for-speed-most-wanted-12.

Very good price for this, has become an uncommon game and certainly won't get it for cheaper on ebay etc.

Corholio wrote: »
    Need for Speed Most Wanted for Wii U €12 in CEX.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=5030930109813&categoryName=wii-u-software&superCatName=gaming&title=need-for-speed-most-wanted-12.

Very good price for this, has become an uncommon game and certainly won't get it for cheaper on ebay etc.

So what you're saying is, you could buy those from CeX and sell for a profit on eBay?

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So what you're saying is, you could buy those from CeX and sell for a profit on eBay?

giphy.gif

Perish the thought!

• Advertisement

I got Bravely Default last night in CeX for €25 thought it was a misprice. I sold my copy last year when my eyes were bad they're in better shape now so I think I might give it a go I still have the Bravely Second limited edition sealed I got from one of the lads on here 18 months ago.

Tldr: Bravely Default is €25 in CeX very limited stock about but keep an eye out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There's one in Tullamore!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Resident Evil: Revelations down to €9.49 on the Australian eshop.

€38 for Breath of the Wild on Wii U in CeX Mario Kart for Wii U was €15 too

Wii U console Black boxes down to €120 in CeX few around so €158 for Wii U and Breath of the Wild damn I might have to go for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm constantly tempted to buy a Wii U for the games I missed but I figure the best will probably come to the Switch eventually.

New adventure time game dropped in argos too down to €27

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8046860.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Bunch of other stuff too - the WWE game, Lego marvel (normal and deluxe), Xenoblade is back down to its misprice level. Possibly the NBA game, I was flicking through quickly, that might have been on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I see both Resident Evil Revelations games are reduced in the sale. What's the consensus on which is the better game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I see both Resident Evil Revelations games are reduced in the sale. What's the consensus on which is the better game?

I personally preferred the story of Revelations 1, but Revelations 2 is still very good. The Raid mode in Revelations 2 is much much better though, so based on that, I'd go for both of them :D (if I had to choose one, I'd go for the second)

chrislad wrote: »
    I personally preferred the story of Revelations 1, but Revelations 2 is still very good. The Raid mode in Revelations 2 is much much better though, so based on that, I'd go for both of them :D (if I had to choose one, I'd go for the second)

If you buy one you get a discount on the second. Might be cheap enough to buy both seeing as they're on sale and then the extra discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you buy one you get a discount on the second. Might be cheap enough to buy both seeing as they're on sale and then the extra discount.

I don't know if that applies to the sale price as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 reduced to €37.99 in Argos. Good amount of stock around.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7238789.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GameStop Bray had a new copy for €30 last week and was on the 3ds/Wii U 3 for 2 offer, might still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

chrislad wrote: »
    I don't know if that applies to the sale price as well though.

Picked up Resident Evil Revelations from Russia eshop tonight was 779RUB (€10.70).

Resident Evil Revelations 2 is now available to me at 959RUB (€13.16) down from 1599 RUB.

Yokus island express is 25 in Smyth's. Still seems expensive, possibly because that's where the PS4 and Xbone versions started before dropping to about half that. But c'est let switch.
    It's only about 17 on eshop

I have it and it's a lot of fun, though my meagre noggin has trouble keeping track of where I should be going next!

usually head to the jungle or beach on any island stay away from the creepy castle or mansion

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Banjo wrote: »
    Yokus island express is 25 in Smyth's. Still seems expensive, possibly because that's where the PS4 and Xbone versions started before dropping to about half that. But c'est let switch.
    It's only about 17 on eshop

Coincidentally,a free demo has been uploaded to the eshop this morning. Try before you buy. :)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/08/a_free_demo_for_yokus_island_express_is_now_available_on_switch

FWIW, I love it. Must get back and finish it.

Gamestop are selling used Snes Minis for €55 with free shipping. I don't know if its a big bargain but it seems to be cheaper than other places.
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Platform/Games/64454

usually head to the jungle or beach on any island stay away from the creepy castle or mansion

Kinda like my weekdays really, though I work here, Monday to Friday...

st-itas-hospital-unsuitable-390x285.png

When I hit the start button, I get the map screen

1510085_ca30c80da06d77078e0401c2f510fe3e.jpg

Well in fairness to you Cidey, the Joker hasn't broken out and murdered loads of people in ages so you're probably doing a bang up job.

BTW, Shopto (who had South Park FBW for £22 last week, and possibly still do) have the gold version of Mario + Rabbids with the DK pass (£12 street value!) for £35 quid. I stole the idea from HUKD but Ize seens it wiv me own eyezez!

• Advertisement

It does make playing the likes of Silent Hill 2 more interesting, isn't that getting a Switch release, when it reminds one of work...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement