Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

Yeah tried twice to order a 20inch Batman figure and both times they cancelled. First time I used the AddressPal address and the second time I used Parcel Motel's address. Cancellation email specified the address as the problem:
    Hi

The parcel requires a signature upon delivery and Parcel Motel and other companies like this do not sign for their deliveries due to the high volume of parcels they receive.

Due to them not signing for the delivery we reserve the right to cancel the order.

Regards

Deborah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/mario-%2b-rabbids-kingdom-battle-gold-edition-nintendo-switch/p/168141

Gold Edition of Mario and Rabbids is 35 in Smyths with the season pass. Bought this edition on release and wasn't overly impressed by it tbh but a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Hi guys. I'm in the market for the new version 3ds XL for a 9 year old girl. Where's the cheapest place to get one? Nintendo site says $200 but Amazon is showing £200+. Would Nintendo site be the rock bottom price?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I'm in the market for the new version 3ds XL for a 9 year old girl. Where's the cheapest place to get one? Nintendo site says $200 but Amazon is showing £200+. Would Nintendo site be the rock bottom price?

They retail around the €240 mark. You would be better off getting a New 2ds XL, does everything the new 3ds XL can except the 3d screen. Plus it is much easier to add/remove sd cards to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

MarkY91 wrote: »

They tend to pop up on Adverts for a lot less, of you don't mind second hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They tend to pop up on Adverts for a lot less, of you don't mind second hand.

If your getting one second hand def get one with custom firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Why? Homebrew/Retro, or something dodgier? :o

Surely that means you can't access the eshop (and would be missing out on a massive chunk of great games)....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you live near navan or letterkenny, Smyth's have overcooked for 15

Mr E wrote: »
    Why? Homebrew/Retro, or something dodgier? :o

Surely that means you can't access the eshop (and would be missing out on a massive chunk of great games)....

I was planning on getting a n2Ds XL with a view to installing CFW (Luma I think it is). Are you saying I'll be banned and there's content on the eShop you can't get any other way?

I've no idea, but I remember that accessing the eshop would trigger system updates from time to time. Won't that break the CFW?
    I'm not familiar with Luma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hollow Knight is on sale on eshop 33% off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

ShaneU wrote: »
    Hollow Knight is on sale on eshop 33% off

Thanks. Along with gold points i had to spend got it for 7:27

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Got Hollow Knight for under a tenner, delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Hollow knight is steal at 6.50 in everyones favorite estore
    Flag-Pins-Ireland-South-Africa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Fingal library now have switch games

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Is this the real deal? Didn't know that libraries do games? Do you know which ones they have?

Is this the real deal? Didn't know that libraries do games? Do you know which ones they have?

I know my neighbour got Donkey Kong from Donabate. Going to check it out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

naughtb4 wrote: »

You know how long you can keep a game? Is it the same as books? (might be a bit short to finish/enjoy some games)

On a side note I am not too pleased with my tax money being used to buy video games as part of what should be educational spendings (but since it’s there I might as well take advantage of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Bob24 wrote: »
    You know how long you can keep a game? Is it the same as books? (might be a bit short to finish/enjoy some games)

On a side note I am not too pleased with my tax money being used to buy video games as part of what should be educational spendings (but since it’s there I might as well take advantage of it).

Video games have been in Libraries for years. You can keep them as long as a book, normally 3 weeks. The selection is fairly bad though. My local library (Naas) has Wii and WiiU games, all pretty old titles. Haven’t seen Switch games yet. Will have to look again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

nedd wrote: »
    Video games have been in Libraries for years. You can keep them as long as a book, normally 3 weeks. The selection is fairly bad though. My local library (Naas) has Wii and WiiU games, all pretty old titles. Haven’t seen Switch games yet. Will have to look again.

Saw minecracft and lego marvel for ps4/xbox in mine. You won't see GTA or RE7 but nintendo games like DK, mario kart would probably be in big demand

Thanks for the heads up, will check my library out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Saw minecracft and lego marvel for ps4/xbox in mine. You won't see GTA or RE7 but nintendo games like DK, mario kart would probably be in big demand

Thanks for the heads up, will check my library out

I always forget about this, thanks for the reminder - just reserved Mario Tennis Aces, Street Fighter, and Overcooked.

I always forget about this, thanks for the reminder - just reserved Mario Tennis Aces, Street Fighter, and Overcooked.

I am regretting saying anything :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

*sits and waits for the first person to post about how they got Hollow Knight for free using only gold points from games they took out of the library*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Banjo wrote: »
    *sits and waits for the first person to post about how they got Hollow Knight for free using only gold points from games they took out of the library*

As a library worker, I'm disgusted I never thought of this. And I'm also putting this case onto the library police. Watch out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I knew a guy who did that by raiding the pre-owned Wii games in various Gamestop branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I knew a guy who did that by raiding the pre-owned Wii games in various Gamestop branches.

Is it the same guy? Is it you Cidey?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I didn't do it nobody saw me do it YOU CAN'T PROVE Anything 😎😎

No, he doesn't post very often, even at the time.
    He did come to a Boards.ies game night in mine some years ago and had a set of Snes and Nes controllers that worked with the Wii, plugging into the WiiMote.
    They were only available from the Stars Catalogue and rare as hens teeth over here, costing a lot of stars to obtain.
    He told of his collecting methods and it was so obvious!

Of course, now, as the Mini consoles use the same sockets and protocols such controllers are pretty common, but then it was amazing.

Someone might want to confirm, but it looks like Into The Breach is 105 Rand in the South African eshop. That's €6.32.

It's €14.99 generally...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Yeah it's showing the same price for me. That's a good deal.

Anybody picked up Monster Hunter Ultimate yet ? I was thinking of getting it, the cheapest option seems to be the japanese eshop at 46 euro.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement