Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

For the code in a box? Because the Boxed Switch version is 29 atm

I ask because I'm after cheapest boxed crash on Switch, and depending on the exchange rate of the day, either Amazon or Smyths seem to be the way to go. Neither is amazing though.

No was definitely £23 boxed cartridge when I posted. I saw the deal on HUKD but can't find it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

TitianGerm wrote: »
    No was definitely £23 boxed cartridge when I posted. I saw the deal on HUKD but can't find it now.

I bought it for £23.58

ENAk633.png

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some items on sale in the US store.. I think I'll get Ikaruga and Cave Story after I get paid.

Binding of Isaac: $20( 50% off)
    Cave story: $15 (50% off)
    IKaruga: $10(33% off)
    The end is nigh $5(66% off)
    Oceanhorn $10(33% off)

Sales end October 1st

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The End is Nigh is a hard one to love tbh.
    Pretty brutal and punishing with little visual or narrative reward.
    I have it, Isaac and Cave Story in physical form.
    If Ikaruga gets the expected physical release I'll double dip and buy it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Samus returns is on clearance in argos got it there for 29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The End is Nigh is a hard one to love tbh.
    Pretty brutal and punishing with little visual or narrative reward.

Agreed. I got to the water levels and gave up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I felt like some of the early promotion was how it was McMillen's best game but I think, with a little time, it was all a bit more like The Kings New Clothes.
    Certainly it's nowhere near as entertaining as Super Meat Boy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

thegamecollection currently 5% off, which basically translates to free shipping to Ireland. Most switch prices are a couple of pound cheaper than Amazon atm. Ends tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Was hoping to get a switch this Christmas, wondered is there any good time for any bundles? or would I just have to keep an eye out?

Debating whether to get one as all I want to play is zelda and mario but I am huge zelda fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Was hoping to get a switch this Christmas, wondered is there any good time for any bundles? or would I just have to keep an eye out?

Debating whether to get one as all I want to play is zelda and mario but I am huge zelda fan.

Most likely the best time will be Black Friday. But you’ll have to be quick to grab the best deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Bob24 wrote: »
    Most likely the best time will be Black Friday. But you’ll have to be quick to grab the best deals.

Yeah was hoping for a game and the console for around 300ish.

I saw there was a bundle of a similar price by smyths while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There's a Fortnite bundle due for Christmas - now I know Fortnite is free, but this one comes with an exclusive skin - people go crazy for these things - seem to go for around 40 on eBay for the PS4 exclusive skin. :eek:

For the code in a box? Because the Boxed Switch version is 29 atm

I ask because I'm after cheapest boxed crash on Switch, and depending on the exchange rate of the day, either Amazon or Smyths seem to be the way to go. Neither is amazing though.

It's back down to £23 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Anyone pre order fifa 19 for switch from smyths ? Got a text today with a bonus code just used it but no idea what it’s given me .. presume some packs !?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

10% off everything on eBay.co.uk til 8pm, code PAYDAY

Min 20 pound spend

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I'm looking for a deal on a 2DS XL if anyone has seen any around. I don't see any great deals jumping out of me, but maybe someone here knows of a few floating about. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Super deal on a 256GB card. Samsung Evo reduced to £64.66.

Samsung Mobile UK 256 GB 95 MB/s Class 10 U3 Memory Evo Plus MicroSD card with Adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XFS5657/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_HyFTBb8PRH42A

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

The Binding of Isaac is down to €19.99 on the eshop:
    Link
    The End is Nigh is also down to €5.09:
    Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Binding of Isaac is amazing, though I wasn't too impressed with The End Is Nigh. All the Nicalis games are on offer - Cave Story+ is a great game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - I played a good bit of Binding of Isaac and really enjoyed it.
    I'm tempted by the End is Nigh at that price

rejkin wrote: »
    The Binding of Isaac is down to €19.99 on the eshop:
    Link
    The End is Nigh is also down to €5.09:
    Link

End is Nigh just isn't worth buying as a physical title, and it is incredibly charmless, for a game from the maker of Super Meat Boy.
    Needless to say, I have the physical edition!

But at a fiver, it's not bad and quite a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

I'm fairly sure The Binding of Isaac is/was available on PS Plus (free). I'd much rather play that sort of game on Switch for some reason, which is why I downleded on PS, but never played. But thought I'd share in case anyone was considering it & has the Playstation option.

It actually 4 quid on SA eshop - just bought it

Hyper Sentinel is less than $3 on the US eShop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC card down to £20 on Amazon. Bought it last week for £25 after my old card failed and it's working perfect in the Switch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073JYC4XM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_t.IZBb364W0DH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Folks I didn't want to start a new thread just for this so this looks like the best thread.
    I'm looking to get my 9 year old some Nintendo merchandise like t-shirts etc.. the office Nintendo store is very sparse and nothing in his size. Amazon had stuff but nearly all look cheap. Any place you'd recommend for getting good Nintendo gear?

PS thanks baldachin, ordered up two of the 128gb for our switch and a spare..... You always need a spare :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

lafors wrote: »
    Folks I didn't want to start a new thread just for this so this looks like the best thread.
    I'm looking to get my 9 year old some Nintendo merchandise like t-shirts etc.. the office Nintendo store is very sparse and nothing in his size. Amazon had stuff but nearly all look cheap. Any place you'd recommend for getting good Nintendo gear?

PS thanks baldachin, ordered up two of the 128gb for our switch and a spare..... You always need a spare :pac:

Not sure what stock is like now, but Penney's had a bunch of officially licensed t-shirts during the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I know none of us have a crystal ball, but the Switch and Super Mario Odyssey for €340 (in Smyths) now or should there be better deals around Black Friday? thanks folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement