Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nocoverart wrote: »
    I know none of us have a crystal ball, but the Switch and Super Mario Odyssey for €340 (in Smyths) now or should there be better deals around Black Friday? thanks folks.

I doubt it will be lower for Black Friday. Nintendo hardware doesn't usually drop in price until near the end of its life cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

nocoverart wrote: »
    I know none of us have a crystal ball, but the Switch and Super Mario Odyssey for €340 (in Smyths) now or should there be better deals around Black Friday? thanks folks.

There will 100% be a better deal on amazon on BF. The only problem is that switch deals sell out very fast there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Keep an eye on ebays 10% off deals that regularly pop up also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

lafors wrote: »
    Folks I didn't want to start a new thread just for this so this looks like the best thread.
    I'm looking to get my 9 year old some Nintendo merchandise like t-shirts etc.. the office Nintendo store is very sparse and nothing in his size. Amazon had stuff but nearly all look cheap. Any place you'd recommend for getting good Nintendo gear?

PS thanks baldachin, ordered up two of the 128gb for our switch and a spare..... You always need a spare :pac:

As suggested pennys had some nice t-shirts and stuff over the summer. There's always gamestop too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,642 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Dead Cells (Nintendo Switch) is currently £21.85 on Base.com. That's cheaper than the eShop price and it's a physical cartridge.

https://www.base.com/Games/Dead-Cells-Nintendo-Switch/DCELLNS/product.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

sligeach wrote: »
    Dead Cells (Nintendo Switch) is currently £21.85 on Base.com. That's cheaper than the eShop price and it's a physical cartridge.

https://www.base.com/Games/Dead-Cells-Nintendo-Switch/DCELLNS/product.htm

£17.41 on eshop

It says €25(and £22.50 on the European eShop PR) for me on Nintendo's UK website? You're probably talking about South Africa or somewhere like that where it may be a bit cheaper.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Dead-Cells-1333359.html

And £21.85 is roughly €24.65 when converted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Correct, SA being the cheapest European region digital price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Looking to pick up a 128gb card. Anyone have recommendations of best brand/price? Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

nedd wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a 128gb card. Anyone have recommendations of best brand/price? Thanks

I bought this recently, pretty decent, and only £26.88
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073JYC4XM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That one was £20 for a few days last week :(
    Forgot to order.
    There's a Samsung Evo Plus for around the same money and they've been up and down for the last month, flirting with the £20-23 mark. If you can hang on a few days you might save a few quid. Between that and the "Sure I'd only be spending it on delivery" lie you tell yourself, you can explain away why you ordered that £6 amiibo quite satisfactorily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Any good deals on 2ds XL’s? Just noticed a big crack starting to form on one of hinges on my 3ds xl.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

megaten wrote: »
    Any good deals on 2ds XL’s? Just noticed a big crack starting to form on one of hinges on my 3ds xl.

You could just reshell your 3DS Xl
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/371900397861

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

More so a difficult game to source so not technically a bargain CeX in Liffey Street have 4 Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon for DS for €35 each box is definitely a reproduction I am gonna buy one tomorrow myself really hope cart is not a reproduction too.

Tldr Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon for €35 in CeX Liffey Street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Tldr Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon for €35 in CeX Liffey Street

I have one of these knocking around. Never got very far in it because the art direction is super grimy and ugly. Is it rare?

It's old 11 years now I think wasn't too many prints neither I enjoyed it when I managed to get it for €5 in the great GameStop purge in 2011 lost mine along with so many others in 2013 due to unforeseen circumstances.

The game is very rare sealed it's a difficult yet rewarding version of the series if you stick with it I enjoyed it as I said first time round and short of getting an r4 card or otherwise I think this will be my last chance to get one am on the way now to get it.

It's old 11 years now I think wasn't too many prints neither I enjoyed it when I managed to get it for €5 in the great GameStop purge in 2011 lost mine along with so many others in 2013 due to unforeseen circumstances.

The game is very rare sealed it's a difficult yet rewarding version of the series if you stick with it I enjoyed it as I said first time round and short of getting an r4 card or otherwise I think this will be my last chance to get one am on the way now to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Streets of Red is supposed to be good fun and it's currently on sale, so it's €3.80 on SA eShop
    I just bought it but won't get to try it till tonight

NINTENDO SWITCH NEON FORTNITE BUNDLE WITH 1000 V-BUCKS + DOUBLE HELIX BUNDLE for £250(<284). Free delivery in the UK, so just pay the likes of Address Pal for delivery(~€4).

https://www.monster-shop.co.uk/product/nintendo-switch-neon-fortnite-bundle/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

NINTENDO SWITCH NEON FORTNITE BUNDLE WITH 1000 V-BUCKS + DOUBLE HELIX BUNDLE for £250(<284). Free delivery in the UK, so just pay the likes of Address Pal for delivery(~€4).

https://www.monster-shop.co.uk/product/nintendo-switch-neon-fortnite-bundle/

I have been looking for a Nintendo switch the past couple of days, pity I did not see your post this morning, showing as £279 now.

Still beats this :eek: - https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Fortnite-Nintendo-Switch-Limited-Edition-Fortnite-Bundle/263999281319

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »

That seller deserves a kick in the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That seller deserves a kick in the balls.

Torn on that. Yeah, it's disgusting, but when you think about the kind of person who would pay so far over the odds to get gear for Fortnite, and how that person probably behaves in the game, maybe giftuu-london is the hero we need...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Banjo wrote: »
    Torn on that. Yeah, it's disgusting, but when you think about the kind of person who would pay so far over the odds to get gear for Fortnite, and how that person probably behaves in the game, maybe giftuu-london is the hero we need...

Some poor desperate mum or dad will pay it nearer to Christmas, for little Johnny who asked Santa for that specific version. So yeah, he deserves a kick in the balls.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Some poor desperate mum or dad will pay it nearer to Christmas, for little Johnny who asked Santa for that specific version. So yeah, he deserves a kick in the balls.

It's not like it's rare. It's available practically everywhere and if the bundle sells out and they need the skins can they not buy a standard switch and the boxed DLC?

Edit: I see the boxed version has a different skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

400GB SD card from Amazon.de for €85 + shipping.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B074RNRM2B

It's so expensive for a decent sized Micro SD Memory card. I bought 2 500GB HDD's for €50 altogether maybe 5 or 6 years ago. And they weren't generic either. One's a Seagate and the other's a Toshiba.

Yeah but that's a Micro SD not a regular HDD.

Yeah but that's a Micro SD not a regular HDD.

Exactly, it's apples and oranges to compare solid state storage with traditional hard drives

F*** this site for checking my browser when I tried to post a response and lost it in the process, I don't feel like typing it all out again. I might do a summary post later or tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

F*** this site for checking my browser when I tried to post a response and lost it in the process, I don't feel like typing it all out again. I might do a summary post later or tomorrow.

Agreed, It's a pain in the hole at present. Your post sounds like it was going to be an old school slig epic!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement