Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Does the stick of truth digital come with hard copy of fractured buttwhole like PS4? No?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Does the stick of truth digital come with hard copy of fractured buttwhole like PS4? No?

No. Plus that offer expired very quickly on the other platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Do/Will Smyths match their UK prices over here? I see Diablo 3 bundle for £289 (€327), but not reduced here (yet).

I had the bundle with MarioKart + Pokemon Go Pikachu for £269 from Very in my basket and had to do something for a lot longer than I thought. Expired now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Starfox Zero: First Print Edition €19.99 in Gamestop for Black Friday. Plenty of stock around too.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Wii%20U/Games/57853/star-fox-zero-first-print-edition.

Oh and yes we know it wasn't for everyone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is Stick of Truth available in physical form or only as a download code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Suckit wrote: »
    Do/Will Smyths match their UK prices over here? I see Diablo 3 bundle for £289 (€327), but not reduced here (yet).

I had the bundle with MarioKart + Pokemon Go Pikachu for £269 from Very in my basket and had to do something for a lot longer than I thought. Expired now :(

Was very tempted there too, are Very reliable with PM & PW...?

mgray wrote: »
    Was very tempted there too, are Very reliable with PM & PW...?

Very? Never ordered from them before, was looking into it when I had to go, and missed the offer. Code expired or Out of Stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Corholio wrote: »
    Starfox Zero: First Print Edition €19.99 in Gamestop for Black Friday. Plenty of stock around too.

If it doesn't come with the tshirt and a game guide it's worthless. I think I saw it with them somewhere for a very acceptable price, I recommend that more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That Very offer expired really quickly. I've seen good offers around the world that are a lot better than what we've had thus far. In the US I seen a deal for just the Switch at $180(€158). In Australia at the moment, Amazon Prime are selling it for $330, that's Australian Dollars obviously. But anyway, that converts to €210.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Nintendo-Switch-Neon-Blue-Joy/dp/B01MUAGZ49/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Radiant Historia finally on sale again can't bloody wait to play it other than the several months I already have. :)

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »

I still remember paying Gamestop €65 for this day 1. It was the only place in Ireland to buy the Special Edition and online retailers struggled to have it for launch and it seemed like a very limited run. There's plenty now still floating around and I'd love that €65 back.

To show how bad MyNintendo is, you can use up 150 gold points and still have to pay €35 and that's just the game digitally, no Star Fox Guard or Steel Case. That's how people should buy it instead of going to Gamestop. ;)
    DspAEMHVsAAeeqr.jpg

Mega Man 11 is on Amazon.com for $29.99 download or $21.99 + shipping + VAT to Ireland.

Works out at €20.03 + €4.78 (shipping) + €5.71 (Import fees deposit) = €30.52.

You could argue the Vat with amazon (They said they will refund any mistakes), as anything under €6 is considered negligible and not collected. Meaning it should be possible to get it for €24.81

Amazon chat told me it would be refunded after 60 days - https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201910710&qid=1542977175&sr=1-1

DssCfrJWwAEWBVc.jpg

All's quiet on the Western Front as far as Nintendo is concerned on this Black Friday. You can say £250 for the Switch on its own is alright but it's not as cheap as the offers other regions have had thus far and the deals are not as good as this time last year. I think the only place that probably won't get deals is Japan, they don't need them as it's flying out the doors there and they pay €80 less than us as it is on the standard RRP. Maybe Cyber Monday will be better, that's the day last year that the best deal was available.

sligeach wrote: »
    DssCfrJWwAEWBVc.jpg

All's quiet on the Western Front as far as Nintendo is concerned on this Black Friday. You can say £250 for the Switch on its own is alright but it's not as cheap as the offers other regions have had thus far and the deals are not as good as this time last year. I think the only place that probably won't get deals is Japan, they don't need them as it's flying out the doors there and they pay €80 less than us as it is on the standard RRP. Maybe Cyber Monday will be better, that's the day last year that the best deal was available.

I missed a couple of offers this morning from Germany for €244 + €14 delivered to Ireland. One was gone very early, the other was sold out by 07:30.
    It's on sale in Portugal for €229 but no way to get it delivered.

I think the best offer so far was the one from Very for £269 + Mario Kart + Pokemon Let's go.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

I'm crying out for a good bundle deal on Amazon! No sign of anything yet though. Just give me a decent game for 249 sterling and I'll pull the trigger!

pedatron wrote: »
    I'm crying out for a good bundle deal on Amazon! No sign of anything yet though. Just give me a decent game for 249 sterling and I'll pull the trigger!

I'm thinking that they don't need to drop the price a lot, as it seems to be the most sought after console this Christmas. January they might be better prices.
    I'm looking out too, might be something on Cyber Monday, but probably very few first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

I'm thinking that they don't need to drop the price a lot, as it seems to be the most sought after console this Christmas. January they might be better prices.
    I'm looking out too, might be something on Cyber Monday, but probably very few first thing in the morning.

You're so right! They're selling shedloads and have no reason to do that! I'm just being tight! :D

pedatron wrote: »
    You're so right! They're selling shedloads and have no reason to do that! I'm just being tight! :D
    I'm the same, but seeing it on sale lower than I can get it now makes me want to hold out.

Lego The Incredibles is down to €24.99 in Argos and Smyths

South Park The Fractured But Whole Nintendo Switch is €19.99 in Smyths https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/top-selling-video-games/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-nintendo-switch/p/166118

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

amadablam wrote: »
    For anyone with small kids or small enough to fit into it themselves :D

The Nintendo ROBOT Labo kit is reduced from 79.99 to 19.99 in Gamestop.

Very limited stock too but an absolute bargain for a kids Christmas present.

https://labo.nintendo.com/kits/robot-kit/

Cheers for this, for some unknown reason I was unable to complete a click and collect order for it yesterday afternoon so decided to choose free home delivery and it got delivered this morning! My kid will be delighted with it as an extra surprise with the switch Christmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Was that in stock earlier? Gone everywhere at this stage unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

keane2097 wrote: »

People busted their butt trying to get one

manual_man wrote: »
    People busted their butt trying to get one
    Fractured it at least..

Yikes. See what you mean. Argos and mymemory out of stock too.

https://www.mymemory.ie/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-nintendo-switch.html
    http://www.checkargos.com/product/8151944

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It was that price for a while but with the footfall they've had the last 3 days (10 off 100 week, though not on gaming stuff) nothing is lasting on the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Re: my Labo robot suit, it's currently in the midst of the Irish postal system.
    Having ordered for collection, they interpreted my use of PayPal as a silent assent for posting.
    And off it went, without the address being completed.
    And it's been on a few laps of the country, and will hopefully be finally here on Monday.
    And then what to do with it.
    Cidonalad doesn't want to make it and I'm a grown man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Re: my Labo robot suit, it's currently in the midst of the Irish postal system.
    Having ordered for collection, they interpreted my use of PayPal as a silent assent for posting.
    And off it went, without the address being completed.
    And it's been on a few laps of the country, and will hopefully be finally here on Monday.
    And then what to do with it.
    Cidonalad doesn't want to make it and I'm a grown man.

Get in the robot shinji

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Get in the robot shinji

and upload to youtube

Pick console and one of three games.
    Monopoly, Rayman or Mario + 'Lapins crétins'
    Console drops 10% and game drops 50%
    https://jeux-video.fnac.com/n355158/Bonnes-Affaires-Jeux-Video/Nintendo-Switch-achetee-1-jeu-a-50
    Shipping is €15
    For example
    Neon Switch + Rayman is €300 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I got that Labo yolk, am not interested after seeing it now, adverts time haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

imitation wrote: »

Jaysis! Gone from the site now, though :(

Portal knights 10 quid in Smyth's. No stock anywhere according to the site but sure if you're in anyway have a look.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement