Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Suckit wrote: »
    I think you need a UK address/account.

Yep, setup an ebay.co.uk account and sent it to AddressPal and that worked, thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,628 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Yep, setup an ebay.co.uk account and sent it to AddressPal and that worked, thanks all!

You didn't need to set up a separate account. You do need a UK address for that Currys deal. The offer is open to Irish residents.
    1. This offer is open to users registered on eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie with a UK or Ireland address, who must be UK or Ireland residents of 18 years of age or older. The shipping address must also be a UK or Ireland address.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/rpp/coupon

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

sligeach wrote: »
    You didn't need to set up a separate account. You do need a UK address for that Currys deal. The offer is open to Irish residents.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/rpp/coupon

It didn't work for me with AddressPal with my Irish account, but did with it using the new UK account. Tried with the same credit card on both

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've deleted the last few posts about a dodgy vendor. No point in giving these guys SEO ranking.

I think it was CD Keys I was mixing them up with. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement

No worries. Keep the bargains coming! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Probably been mentioned but the Mario Party + Joy-con bundle is only €99.99 in Argos ("only" he says). Considering its about €70+ for a pair of Joy-cons its a good price for some family gameplay on Xmas.

Also a deal in Argos for a €10 voucher if you spend €100 or more before Dec 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Probably been mentioned but the Mario Party + Joy-con bundle is only €99.99 in Argos ("only" he says). Considering its about €70+ for a pair of Joy-cons its a good price for some family gameplay on Xmas.

Also a deal in Argos for a €10 voucher if you spend €100 or more before Dec 4th.

It is a good deal for me - my son wanted Mario Party for Xmas, and I needed a new set of joy cons (which are closer to 80/90 for a pair in most places) - for 100 I essentially got a new pair for 45, and avoided having to argue with Nintendo over warranty and EU rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Mr E wrote: »
    I've deleted the last few posts about a dodgy vendor. No point in giving these guys SEO ranking.

Nd7OTN9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Few different games in the 3 games for €100 on Amazon.de now including Pokémon, Diablo, Mario Party, Splatoon 2, MK8, FIFA 19, Kirby, Monster Hunter, Mario Tennis and Donkey Kong.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/promotion/landingpage/ABXS8MOICZYYZ?ie=UTF8&ref_=plp_pc_rd_ABXS8MOICZYYZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Damn it, I got Bayonetta 2 as my third choice because I was going to buy Let’s Go Pikachu and Civ 6 at full price elsewhere so it was essentially a free game. If I knew Mario Party was going to be added I would’ve held out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

martyos121 wrote: »
    Damn it, I got Bayonetta 2 as my third choice because I was going to buy Let’s Go Pikachu and Civ 6 at full price elsewhere so it was essentially a free game. If I knew Mario Party was going to be added I would’ve held out. :(

Could you buy the same three, (changing extra game for mario) and return the first three?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Suckit wrote: »
    Could you buy the same three, (changing extra game for mario) and return the first three?

Probably could, but I’m looking at the Mario Party and Joy-Con bundle now and it’s tempting me. :o

This Ebay 15% off voucher is going to expire in an hour. I feel like I should buy something, anything, it feels like a waste not to use it. The thing is I could have done with it the day before yesterday, but now, there's nothing I really want or need. Unless I buy Christmas presents for the family, it's a bit early for that, for me at least and I'm useless at deciding what to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Quick question - I'm probably going to buy Smash digitally, and SA seems to be the cheapest. In terms of DLC, would I have to also get that from the SA store as well?

chrislad wrote: »
    Quick question - I'm probably going to buy Smash digitally, and SA seems to be the cheapest. In terms of DLC, would I have to also get that from the SA store as well?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

chrislad wrote: »

There is a bundle with the dlc which might work out a little cheaper if you want the dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hang on - how can you call a game Smash Ultimate and then have DLC?
    Surely at the very least it should be called Smash Penultimate?

By the way, if you take holiday to Russia to buy Guacamelee, then return to the sweet soil of South Africa to purchase Guacamelee 2 with the 30% discount for owning the first one, you end up with both for less than the price of the 2nd in Ireland. And you can buy one of those funny doll nests in the airport for your kris kindle!

Also - Splatoon Splat Balls!
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/other-action-figures-and-playsets/world-of-nintendo-splatoon-splat-balls/p/164387
    €2 for slime with googly eyes - kids love the slime!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Some deals on Amazon UK. Console for £269

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Few different games in the 3 games for €100 on Amazon.de now including Pokémon, Diablo, Mario Party, Splatoon 2, MK8, FIFA 19, Kirby, Monster Hunter, Mario Tennis and Donkey Kong.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/promotion/landingpage/ABXS8MOICZYYZ?ie=UTF8&ref_=plp_pc_rd_ABXS8MOICZYYZ

Mario Tennis and probably others now gone from the list. :(

• Advertisement

Guitar Hero Live with Guitar Controller Wii U New and Sealed, £9.99 on Ebay. Free UK delivery, just add AddressPal or Parcel Motel for delivery.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401640639566

They ship to Ireland as well but delivery is £7.

Guitar Hero Live with Guitar Controller Wii U New and Sealed, £9.99 on Ebay. Free UK delivery, just add AddressPal or Parcel Motel for delivery.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401640639566

They ship to Ireland as well but delivery is £7.

FYI the GHTV service shuts down today (December 1st) reducing the number of songs from 500+ to just the 42 on the disc.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/6/17434666/guitar-hero-live-shutdown-song-library-activision

Still a good game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno how useful it is, unless it carries over to Dealz. Was in Poundland today and they had Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival bundle for £5. Also a Gioteck NES Mini turbo controller for £5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Mr E wrote: »
    FYI the GHTV service shuts down today (December 1st) reducing the number of songs from 500+ to just the 42 on the disc.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/6/17434666/guitar-hero-live-shutdown-song-library-activision

Still a good game though.

Not bad for a tenner though, would be good fun at Christmas for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tony1980 wrote: »
    Not bad for a tenner though, would be good fun at Christmas for that price.

It is good fun, and also a cheap 2nd guitar for PS3 owners, since I think they use the same one

Banjo wrote: »
    It is good fun, and also a cheap 2nd guitar for PS4 owners, since I think they use the same one

I could be wrong but I thought I heard before that the guitars only work with their specific console version. I'm not sure though, I'd have to look it up.

I could be wrong but I thought I heard before that the guitars only work with their specific console version. I'm not sure though, I'd have to look it up.

They are cross platform, but you need to buy the correct wireless receiver/dongle for the console you are connecting to.

Sorry, it's WiiU and PS3 that share a dongle - edited original comment

• Advertisement

I had a PS4 and got a hold of a Wii U Guitar about 2 years ago for a friends children that were visiting for a few days.
    It was painful.
    Never realised it had to have a dongle (which by my understanding, cannot be bought anywhere anyway). It lit up, we tried everything, figuring out what the blinking lights meant etc. Everything we read said they were compatible. We hadn't noticed the bit about the dongles. Also apparently they are colour coded for each system, but by the time we realised that I had bought 2 sets of Skylanders to keep them happy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement