Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,628 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Paper Mario: Colour Splash on Nintendo Wii U is £14.99 from Argos on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352406380721

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sorry if this is the wrong thread.
    Are these controllers worth getting? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Controller-Nintendo-Maegoo-Wireless-Vibration-Black/dp/B07DDB6B4K/
    They are on amazon sale, I saw them the other day on Aliexpress cheaper (they were actually $16.25 or $31.50 for 2).

I never thought of getting a controller for the Switch.

Fate Extella: The Umbral Star is £15.99 (€18.15) on Base.com
    https://www.base.com/buy/product/fate-extella-the-umbral-star-nintendo-switch/dgc-fatens.htm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Get Guitar Hero Live, download Clone Hero, play open source, unlimited library games. It's really good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mario Kart Bundle £280 argos uk €340 argos ireland

viva la Banana Republic

No sign on smyths site yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

viva la Banana Republic

That's about €15 dearer when you allow for the exchange rate and extra vat.

Not that surprising when you consider the smaller market, the higher rents and higher wages here.

viva la Banana Republic

It's not a deal compared to the other offers that have previously been available. Like the Ebay deal last week was about €270 delivered. Here it's €70 more expensive for a digital code of a 4 and a half year old game that you can't swap/trade/sell.

NINTENDO LABO VARIETY KIT - TOY-CON 01 for £20 on Thegamecollection.
    nintendo-labo-variety-kit--toycon-01-switch_2.jpg

https://www.thegamecollection.net/nintendo-labo-variety-kit-toy-con-01-switch/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »
    It's not a deal compared to the other offers that have previously been available. Like the Ebay deal last week was about €270 delivered. Here it's €70 more expensive for a digital code of a 4 and a half year old game that you can't swap/trade/sell.

NINTENDO LABO VARIETY KIT - TOY-CON 01 for £20 on Thegamecollection.
    nintendo-labo-variety-kit--toycon-01-switch_2.jpg

https://www.thegamecollection.net/nintendo-labo-variety-kit-toy-con-01-switch/

Out of stock :(
    thanks for the heads up. Arse is heavily bruised from me kicking myself over passing on the Robot kit for 20 from Gamestop.

Banjo wrote: »
    thanks for the heads up. Arse is heavily bruised from me kicking myself over passing on the Robot kit for 20 from Gamestop.

Sorry, it was definitely in stock when I posted it. The deal was on HotUKDeals as well which would have sped up the expiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Banjo wrote: »

you were too busy thinking of how you could be buried (metaphorically :D ) :p

there was a lad a few pages back talking about selling one, might be worth dropping him a message?
    SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I got that Labo yolk, am not interested after seeing it now, adverts time haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Is the Smyth's €5 discount for pre-ordering for in-store collection the best deal for the new Smash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

viva la Banana Republic

329 in smyths I think I saw today down there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

That’s not a great deal really. Considering Mario kart is a download code.

That’s not a great deal really. Considering Mario kart is a download code.

You're basically getting the game free though? The switch on its own to buy is same price unless I'm missing something?

I got a switch last week in smyths for 339 with a physical copy of mario oddessy. so for 10 extra you get the actual game, that deal is still active. there was also 10 back on a spend of 100 in with AIB Rewards in smyths so got it for 329 which is the same price.

Im only mentioning because they where rumored to go on sale at 299 euro, which would be a good deal for it. I just dont think 329 with a download code is. also you can get the same package from Nintendo store and it will cost you about 314ish Euro which is 16 less than smyths! 279 sterling..

https://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console/nintendo-switch-mario-kart-8-deluxe-bundle/11976019.html

Im only mentioning because they where rumored to go on sale at 299 euro, which would be a good deal for it. I just dont think 329 with a download code is. also you can get the same package from Nintendo store and it will cost you about 301ish Euro which is 28 less than smyths! 279 sterling..

Nice thank you

just to mention i got my maths wrong there intitially, i edited the post, its around 314 euro, which is still saving you 16.

just to mention i got my maths wrong there intitially, i edited the post, its around 314 euro, which is still saving you 16.

You happy with the purchase? Enjoying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076B995TL?tag=22

£5.32 for an 8bitdo wireless reveiver for NES and SNES minis, works with most wireless controllers.

• Advertisement

You happy with the purchase? Enjoying it?

Not allowed open it until Xmas ;)

Got one for my wife and my wife got me one. Four of them in the house now!

TitianGerm wrote: »

I saw that posted on another forum this morning, took me ages to do it, but I had it in my basket for £273 + change delivered to Parcel Wizard.

I didn't go for it because somebody said the headset only works for 3 games and I don't want a download copy of a game. It is a pity none of the bundles come with a physical game, especially when you have to buy storage anyway.
    Also, very are doing it (without the headset) for £249 (to new customers).

Suckit wrote: »
    I saw that posted on another forum this morning, took me ages to do it, but I had it in my basket for £273 + change delivered to Parcel Wizard.

I didn't go for it because somebody said the headset only works for 3 games and I don't want a download copy of a game. It is a pity none of the bundles come with a physical game, especially when you have to buy storage anyway.
    Also, very are doing it (without the headset) for £249.

Headset will work with all games and with multiple devices. It's probably voice chat that they mean it won't work with.

I just bought Asterix and Obelix XXL 2 Limited edition from Base.com for £33.85 + £2.19 shipping https://www.base.com/buy/product/asterix-and-obelix-xxl2-limited-edition-nintendo-switch/dgc-astoblens.htm Cheaper than anywhere else I saw it.

Still no switch. But had to buy that. The figures got me, had a load of the annuals growing up that my Father had collected. They were lost in a fire :(

That game led me to see Toki Limited edition https://www.base.com/buy/product/toki-collectors-edition-nintendo-switch/dgc-tokicens.htm - which looks amazing and a game I have very good memories of playing in my mis-spent youth :) Also cheaper than anywhere I have seen.
    I can't buy it though. It looks beautiful, but I can't. I doubt the cabinet is as solid as it looks either, but may be more sturdy than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

amadablam wrote: »
    you were too busy thinking of how you could be buried (metaphorically :D ) :p

there was a lad a few pages back talking about selling one, might be worth dropping him a message?

It was bought off me 2 mins after I posted the ad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Suckit wrote: »
    I just bought Asterix and Obelix XXL 2 Limited edition from Base.com for £33.85 + £2.19 shipping https://www.base.com/buy/product/asterix-and-obelix-xxl2-limited-edition-nintendo-switch/dgc-astoblens.htm Cheaper than anywhere else I saw it.

Still no switch. But had to buy that. The figures got me, had a load of the annuals growing up that my Father had collected. They were lost in a fire :(

Are the Asterix games any good?
    I've seen them here and there and they look fun though I know they would wind up in the pile and never played!
    To people of my age, 45-55 or so, those books were very popular indeed, worth maybe picking them up as well, might find them on Adverts or Ebay?

Here you go...
    https://www.adverts.ie/magazines-comics/asterix-books/15925813
    That game led me to see Toki Limited edition https://www.base.com/buy/product/toki-collectors-edition-nintendo-switch/dgc-tokicens.htm - which looks amazing and a game I have very good memories of playing in my mis-spent youth :) Also cheaper than anywhere I have seen.
    I can't buy it though. It looks beautiful, but I can't. I doubt the cabinet is as solid as it looks either, but may be more sturdy than this.

I tried to get into Toki, I have it on the Megadrive I think, but it wasn't for me, the remake looks lovely though, might be one to get in a sale perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Is the Smyth's €5 discount for pre-ordering for in-store collection the best deal for the new Smash?

Yes.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Are the Asterix games any good?
    I've seen them here and there and they look fun though I know they would wind up in the pile and never played!
    To people of my age, 45-55 or so, those books were very popular indeed, worth maybe picking them up as well, might find them on Adverts or Ebay?

Here you go...
    https://www.adverts.ie/magazines-comics/asterix-books/15925813

I tried to get into Toki, I have it on the Megadrive I think, but it wasn't for me, the remake looks lovely though, might be one to get in a sale perhaps.

I think this is the first Asterix game in a long while. I would never have thought of adverts for those books, but have looked on eBay. Will definitely end up buying some of them back :) (some go up to £100)

I found some of the Asterix games fun, Some were drawn out. There was one in (Obelix yodels all the time) that I remembered playing in the early 2000's. I enjoyed it. I remember hearing of Asterix XXL (1), on Gamecube but never played it. The Olympic games I thought was fun, but it is not the type of game you want to play again for a while.

I guess for €41 XXL 2 is worth it to me for the figures (they are normally around €5 - €10) so for the three at €5 would price the game around €25.
    It gets decent reviews on Steam so far and on some youtube videos I've seen.

Toki would be for the arcade cabinet. It looks lovely but not sure I can convince myself to buy it just for that. As the game would not really be enough to make me want to buy it to play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Worth mentioning, Tesco don't appear to have any software exclusions on their 10 Off 45 promotion, and they now sell Switches and select switch games (Pokemon, Mario Kart, Odyssey etc). I think they have a bundle deal that might be acceptable with the tenner off. The tokens were in the Indo the last few days, or were handed out / on the Cust Service desk the last few days, good till the 9th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Yes.

Looks to be gone from the website now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement