Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Didn't see it advertised as a deal on the site, but if you add Switch Mario Kart bundle and Breath of the Wild game to your basket on Smyths website you get 19.99 off the game making it 369.99 for the lot.

Seems a good deal as they are probably 2 games that would be high on any Switch buyers radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is it possible to sell the download code for a mario kart bundle (or any bundle), what would it be worth if possible, €40?
    I might be tempted to get a Mario Kart Bundle and sell it and buy the physical game.

I see smyths are offering Mario Kart Deluxe bundle + Mario Rabbids Kingdom battle + 1 other game of choice for €359
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/console-bundle-deals/nintendo-switch-console-bundle-deals/nintendo-switch-mario-kart-8-bundle-mario-and-rabbids-and-select-game/b/800371

Thinking of that with Lego DC villains. After having another look, the whole offer isn't as good as I first thought.

There are other bundles here - https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/console-bundle-deals/nintendo-switch-console-bundle-deals/c/nintendo-switch-console-bundle-deals

This is tough going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Looks to be gone from the website now...

I went into Smyths last night to pre-order Ultimate and they said it's too close to the release date now, pre-orders are closed.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Nintendo Switch) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071G84MRS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZDqcCbT2WABCV

Starlink down to £29.99 on Amazon....how low can it go!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

baldshin wrote: »
    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Nintendo Switch) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071G84MRS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZDqcCbT2WABCV

Think that's just low enough for me to bite.
    Got the Mega Drive collection today and getting smash tomorrow.
    My FIFA and NBA careers will suffer greatly as a result of this..... oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd be fairly confident that Starlink: Battle for Atlas is going to go lower. the game's been a major flop. It already had big price cuts inside a month of release and it's still less than 2 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Can you play that without those plastic toys?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

keane2097 wrote: »
    Can you play that without those plastic toys?

Yes. You can either buy the game digitally (and thus have everything digitally) or buy the physical version where the toys unlock* the digital versions of themselves on the game.

*I've heard that you may need to re-unlock every week or so, I've not confirmed this but it just means, if it's true, not getting rid of the toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Some of you might consider this a bargain, Diablo III: Eternal Collection has been reduced from €60 to €40 until 10th December on the Switch eShop.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Diablo-III-Eternal-Collection-1417875.html

It's only been out a month. I don't think it's sold well on Switch, sure even with this discount you can still buy the physical version on PS4 and XB1 for €13 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Some of you might consider this a bargain, Diablo III: Eternal Collection has been reduced from €60 to €40 until 10the December on the eShop.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Diablo-III-Eternal-Collection-1417875.html

It's only been out a month. I don't think it's sold well on Switch, sure even with this discount you can still buy the physical version on PS4 and XB1 for €13 cheaper.

No it was on sale a few weeks ago on the Blizzard store for PC. Blizzard had a sale on all their games for Blizcon. They might just have delayed the Switch sale for a week seen as it was only out.

Might grab it for €40 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sales happen a lot this time of year, and 3rd parties have more room than ever to be involved in how things are priced etc. There's been a lot of good press and reactions to Diablo on Switch, I'd be very surprised if it hadn't done very decent in sales. But none of us know without numbers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I went into Smyths last night to pre-order Ultimate and they said it's too close to the release date now, pre-orders are closed.

:(

Same here, I was in yesterday and was told the same.
    I hope to pick it up in the morning, unless Argos have it at a cheaper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

baldshin wrote: »

It's actually a fairly decent game. It runs very well in portable, and looks fairly decent. It's a bit repetitive, but there's definitely enough fun in there for that price. I think it's still cheaper to just get it digitally on the US store in the sale (or it was) which gives you all ships instantly and no need for that toy nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

chrislad wrote: »
    It's actually a fairly decent game. It runs very well in portable, and looks fairly decent. It's a bit repetitive, but there's definitely enough fun in there for that price. I think it's still cheaper to just get it digitally on the US store in the sale (or it was) which gives you all ships instantly and no need for that toy nonsense.

Just had a look...

€60.23 / €70.45 / €74.16 / €79.10 / €92.67 - Mex / USA / Canada / Russia / South Africa for digital delux

€47.31 / €52.84 / €55.71 / €60.64 / €74.12 - Mex / USA / Canada / Russia / South Africa for digital edition

Them is some eye watering prices!!!

Grassey wrote: »
    Just had a look...

€60.23 / €70.45 / €74.16 / €79.10 / €92.67 - Mex / USA / Canada / Russia / South Africa for digital delux

€47.31 / €52.84 / €55.71 / €60.64 / €74.12 - Mex / USA / Canada / Russia / South Africa for digital edition

Them is some eye watering prices!!!

Bear in mind the digital edition is only comparable to the physical release. To get all the items in the digital deluxe, you would have to spend about 25 * 5 to get all the other ships.

It was on sale recently enough on the US shop. I think I only spent about 50 to get the digital deluxe one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Have a copy of Smash with the controller and it's not a real GC controller I can use on my GC so won't keep it I reckon... shame as I only got this bundle for the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,974 ✭✭✭✭briany

Looks to me like Smyths have the best bundle deals around at the moment. Am I right in thinking that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ah lads no more toys to life please you'll just get hurt and hurt bad.

That saying Starlink she be half price as far as the eye can see

(mind you my eye still can't see all too well) :(

Both argos and smyths have cut the game and accessories to half price in smyths and a shoddy reduction in argos.

€29.99 for the game in smyths so go forth and buy buy buy

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/starlink-battle-for-atlas/c/SM060458

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I think I'll buy it for that price. Hopefully they'll be knocking out the ships even cheaper in the new year if the kids decide they like it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'd say it's a flop already if the price has crashed like this Smyths are a UK store now too so queue the amazon price match and then this baby falls like a house of dominoes checkmate. Argos and their weird flip flop on prices really doesn't help things as their €40.99 is over 50% reduction compared to smyths being €59.99 last night to €29.99 now.

Tldr glad the post helped someone to pick up but I'd guess no more Starlink sets are coming now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Almost bought this yesterday on Amazon but will get in Smyths now instead. Doubt they'll restock this when they sell whatever stock they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

briany wrote: »
    Looks to me like Smyths have the best bundle deals around at the moment. Am I right in thinking that?

Looks like they bumped up the prices on their bundles (not just smyths, everywhere), they were cheaper a few weeks ago before black friday week. I would advise holding off getting one until the new year, likely better prices then after the chrimbo rushes :cool:

Edit:

Actually scratch that, they have a mario kart 8 bundled with an additional game for €370 which isnt bad, but whats odd is they bundle the console on its own with the additional choice of games for the same price, which i suspect is a mistake :confused:

For example:

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/console-bundle-deals/nintendo-switch-console-bundle-deals/nintendo-switch-mario-kart-8-bundle-and-one-select-game/b/800370

and

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/console-bundle-deals/nintendo-switch-console-bundle-deals/nintendo-switch-neon-console-and-one-select-game/b/800331

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

yeh i noticed that myself, i got the Mario Kart Bundle with Lets Go Evee for 350 euro today. or if you wanted you could get the normal standard console pack with lets go evee for... 350, the same price. weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

yeh i noticed that myself, i got the Mario Kart Bundle with Lets Go Evee for 350 euro today. or if you wanted you could get the normal standard console pack with lets go evee for... 350, the same price. weird.

Haha yeah i just kept scrolling down the page in awe at the price discrepancies, pulled the trigger on the exact same bundle/game you got :pac:

Feck it, I picked up a copy of Starlink for my son for Xmas - I enjoyed it, and the game sharing "features" on the Switch are still crap. I'll also rob his Arwing when he gets bored :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

chrislad wrote: »
    Feck it, I picked up a copy of Starlink for my son for Xmas - I enjoyed it, and the game sharing "features" on the Switch are still crap. I'll also rob his Arwing when he gets bored :D

I'm very tempted myself for 30 squid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=Labo

All Labo half price in GameStop for the next 24 hours.

€35 each for the Variety Kit and Vehicle Kit and €5 for the customisation kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Is there a European physical release for Katamari Reroll?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't think so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Picked up Smash, was I supposed to get a steel book with it? Guy in Gaymestop said it was in the box with the controller but it wasn't, lying bastard.

It's advertised on their website, it's black with the logo on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement