Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Picked up Smash, was I supposed to get a steel book with it? Guy in Gaymestop said it was in the box with the controller but it wasn't, lying bastard.

It's advertised on their website, it's black with the logo on it.

I believe the steel book was only included if you ordered directly from Nintendo. People rightfully having a fit on the Amazon reviews. It mentions the steel book in the product description too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

British retailers in Ireland are absolute c###s, they always have been. You can buy a NINTENDO Switch, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey & Super Smash Bros Bundle from Currys in the UK for £335, which is ~€375 and you get free and better delivery options.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/nintendo-switch-mario-kart-8-super-mario-odyssey-super-smash-bros-bundle-10188835-pdt.html

The same bundle in Ireland is €420 and delivery is another €5 which is limited to certain areas.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/nintendo-switch-mario-kart-8-super-mario-odyssey-super-smash-bros-bundle-10188835-pdt.html

People can make various arguments as to why it is but it's b0110x. You only need look at the savings, on the UK site, it says you save £35. On the Irish site you save €25. Sure that alone is a €15 difference.

The Currys deal in the UK is good, it saves you €40 after AddressPal or Parcel Motel delivery, compared to here, or €45 with delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I believe the steel book was only included if you ordered directly from Nintendo. People rightfully having a fit on the Amazon reviews. It mentions the steel book in the product description too.

Smyths were advertising the steelbook with preorders too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I got the steelbook with the limited edition in Smyths, they gave it to me separately outside of the box. I think it’s supposed to come with orders from Argos too.

• Advertisement

€95 for the Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Special Edition was a fairly decent deal, particularly if you got the Steel Book as well. I don't get why Smyths bumped up the price on their website by €5(to €100) in the last day or so when it's been out of stock for some time and they probably won't be getting any more supply. Anyone who would pay €70 to Nintendo on the eShop for this is a Loon, compared to getting a Gamecube controller, Gamecube controller adapter and a Steel Book for another €25. Even the box for it is very nice. And you've the freedom to do as you please with the physical copy of the game.

Oh it was €5 off if you preordered it in Smyths. I think €95 is the standard price in Argos though (if it’s even possible to reserve in-store that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

These things are on sale tomorrow in Aldi for €2.50 each.

P8Bnfs3.png?1

https://www.aldi.ie/super-mario-backpack-buddies/p/086559258044701

The characters available are Koopa, Donkey Kong, Mario, Toad, Yoshi, Luigi, Peach and Wario.
    There is apparently a 9th rare character which is a gold Mario.
    It's random what one what you get, so it might be expensive to get them all. :)
    The red rings are like little carabiners.
    Unboxing video so you can see the size, they look like really nice quality....

Oh sh*t! There is a Zelda set and Splatoon too. :D
    (The Splatoon toys are very samey though)

https://www.aldi.ie/zelda-backpack-buddies/p/086559258044902
    https://www.aldi.ie/splatoon-backpack-buddies/p/086559258045103

XrQTIpo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Pac1Man wrote: »

I got my steel book in the end.

It's f'n awful, worst steelbook ever maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Mr E wrote: »
    Don't think so...
    Is it region locked? (i dunno if US migjt grt it and that's the multi langage one I saw on Play Asia

There is no region locking on Switch.

I got my steel book in the end.

It's f'n awful, worst steelbook ever maybe?

Eh why is this €160 on Adverts, it's €100 in shop's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I shall leave this thread from bargain alerts here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057936318

Labo kits half price at gamestop just for today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

the corpo wrote: »
    I shall leave this thread from bargain alerts here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057936318

Labo kits half price at gamestop just for today

Baldshin posted it yesterday on this very thread.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who's going to try and get all those backpack buddies?
    Going by the unboxing video, Donkey Kong should be easy enough to find.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So who's going to try and get all those backpack buddies?
    Going by the unboxing video, Donkey Kong should be easy enough to find.

Are they only available from Aldi, or are other retailers selling them? I might try to get a couple tomorrow, but if they’re hard to feel through I might give up on trying to get certain ones. I’d like to have Yoshi and Link though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Arms on the switch is 20 Euro on gamestop.ie I dunno if any of you guys would be into that game, but my kid wanted it and its over 50 everywhere else i can find.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

baldshin wrote: »

I don't have a NES mini any more!
    And my Famicom Mini already had two controllers!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€95 for Smash Ultimate gamecube pad version on argos available to order
    Cex buy Smash Bros for €52 making the steel box and the gamecube pad and adaptor €43

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Since they expire tomorrow : remember those 10 off 45 vouchers Tesco had in the indo all week? Well I was just reading the ts and C's, and it says you can use multiple vouchers for a single transaction, as long as you can meet all criteria, up to a value of 200 so you could chance your arm with 4 of the 10 off 45s making there otherwise mediocre bundle a damn sight better. The example they give is of using multiple different vouchers though so might not be viable

How much are these things in Aldi?

How much are these things in Aldi?

2.49 each blind bag.

2.49 each blind bag.

Yoshi should be easy to find, actually they all should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yoshi should be easy to find, actually they all should be.

They are in a plastic mould and that is covered by a card bent around it, or sometimes a plastic cover thing.

You can see in the slit, the colour of a bit of it :o.
    I bought three for children of a family when I was in Spain (€8.50 each). They are on amazon too but I think around €10 each, so €2.49 is nothing.

I went in to Aldi at 9 this morning, looked all around, couldn't find the Nintendo themed Backpack Buddies. Then came across the arriving Sunday section or whatever it's called. Again, no sign of them, they had stocked out the section with other items. Asked a staff member, he knew what I was talking about, said sorry, that he had been busy all around the store and that he would get them now. He went out the storeroom, came back a few minutes later, said they weren't there, they were meant to be on a palette. I don't know, maybe they were buried and he couldn't be bothered or maybe they weren't there. I'd say the latter, he was nice and helpful.

Long story short, he said they may arrive tomorrow or else they'll be in Thursdays shipment. Feckin annoying, getting up on Sunday morning and going to Aldi for nothing. It took 20 minutes to get there, I could have gone to the next town but I may have been wasting my time. It might be a nationwide issue. Did anyone else have any luck in getting the Backpack Buddies this morning?

sligeach wrote: »
    I went in to Aldi at 9 this morning, looked all around, couldn't find the Nintendo themed Backpack Buddies. Then came across the arriving Sunday section or whatever it's called. Again, no sign of them, they had stocked out the section with other items. Asked a staff member, he knew what I was talking about, said sorry, that he had been busy all around the store and that he would get them now. He went out the storeroom, came back a few minutes later, said they weren't there, they were meant to be on a palette. I don't know, maybe they were buried and he couldn't be bothered or maybe they weren't there. I'd say the latter, he was nice and helpful.

Long story short, he said they may arrive tomorrow or else they'll be in Thursdays shipment. Feckin annoying, getting up on Sunday morning and going to Aldi for nothing. It took 20 minutes to get there, I could have gone to the next town but I may have been wasting my time. It might be a nationwide issue. Did anyone else have any luck in getting the Backpack Buddies this morning?

Yeah I found them in my local Aldi this morning, just in an inconspicuous section of the shelves in the middle of the baby’s toys section... :o and they’re impossible to feel through, you can just tell if they’re heavy or light, ended up with a few doubles but got my Yoshi at least. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

They had plenty in Aldi in Galway, picked up a few Mario and Zelda ones, didn't bother with Splatoon. They're pretty cool, will be going on the Christmas tree!

Plenty in Carlow too. Going to give them to the kids for Christmas.

• Advertisement

B0110X anyway. Maybe they were out on the shelves somewhere else in the store. I spent ages though looking all around for them and couldn't find them. Do I try another town? But it's miles away. B0110X B0110X B0110X!

I want Mario and Yoshi, and then Link and the Hylian Crest. The Splatoon Backpack Buddies are kinda lame.

I had been thinking if you had one of those small scales for light items and you knew which Buddy weighed what, you could get around the blind pack aspect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement