Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

For anyone interested, Smyths are selling off all the Starlink stuff at half price. No interest myself but saw it on another thread in uk

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/starlink-battle-for-atlas/c/SM060458

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

After delivery the savings are not as good.
    Shantae half Genie hero ultimate day one edition with audio CD is €23.45 + shipping (total €29.29) to Ireland
    https://www.amazon.fr/Shantae-Genie-Ultimate-Nintendo-switch/dp/B077Y3GCSW
    Maybe if buying more than one (group etc) it might work out better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Travelled out even further for the Backpack Buddies, same story. They never got any in stock either, the guy there said he was expecting 5 product deliveries today and he only received 1, he said try tomorrow. What a waste of time and money traveling around for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Probably be ported to lidl shortly 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Aldi in Bray had loads of each type of those backpack things. I got a Zelda and Mario packet and literally couldn't have got worse ones in each! A set of bombs from the Zelda one and Toad in the Mario one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Aldi in Bray had loads of each type of those backpack things. I got a Zelda and Mario packet and literally couldn't have got worse ones in each! A set of bombs from the Zelda one and Toad in the Mario one.

Yuck! They're the 2 I want to avoid as well(and Peach). Toad you'd imagine should be easy to avoid as he's tiny, so it should weigh the least of that range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

My local aldi had a box each of the mario and splatoon which is just my luck as I was looking for the Zelda ones :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

For people looking for the backpack buddies in Aldi.

I went into my local and asked about them in a general sense "Hey do you have the Mario keyrings in?" and the dude shooks his head and had no idea what I was talking about. He thought they only got in dog toys today.

I walked around the shop aisle by aisle, failed to find them, so I loaded up the product page on Aldi.ie on my phone and showed it to two members of staff.

They directed me to the "Sunday only" aisle. Where the backpack buddies definitely weren't.

Eventually I found them in the far left temporary aisle, I think the banner above it said "from Thursday". They were under some jumpers or other crap. Just two little boxes.

I grabbed 6 mario bags and 2 zeldas. No splatoon, I didn't even know they existed.

Good hunting to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I cant wait for the back pack buddies to be sold out so we can go back to discussing bargains again

Its turned into a wannabe Pokemon type sightings thread :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

amadablam wrote: »
    For anyone interested, Smyths are selling off all the Starlink stuff at half price. No interest myself but saw it on another thread in uk

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/starlink-battle-for-atlas/c/SM060458

Picked up the game when it hit €30 the last day in Smyths but no interest in the toys themselves. I'd say they'll be glad to see the back of that stock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Is this game any good? worth 30 quid?

Had to stop in swords to get a drink and a pack of mixed nuts. I saw Zelda, Mario and Splatoon in packets in Aldi.
    Looked like they had a lot of them, 3 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is this game any good? worth 30 quid?

Honestly, yes, it's quite good. It could have done better if they didn't go down the toys route - who wants to pay over 300 for all parts of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

chrislad wrote: »
    Honestly, yes, it's quite good. It could have done better if they didn't go down the toys route - who wants to pay over 300 for all parts of the game?

Destiny players :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

got 2 backpack buddies today..the Mario packs...hoped for kong or Mario

.....got 2 toads fml

Cotts72 wrote: »
    got 2 backpack buddies today..the Mario packs...hoped for kong or Mario

.....got 2 toads fml

I picked up two. One is much heavier so I am guessing that it is Wario, Yoshi or DK. (DK is my main guess). Will know in an hour :).

It was Donkey Kong. The lighter one was Toad.
    Got another Toad and Yoshi and Zelda.
    It is definitely possible (and easy) to tell the Toads by weight, and DK. There are a lot of Toads. I got someone else to get the other three as she was going to an Aldi close by.

The two I got originally and the others that were bought about 20 minutes ago (minus extra toad).
    CdXm1fN.jpg
    and
    CCQ8dz8.jpg

Incidentally, on the Paladone website, there is a nintendo section.

The watch is in TKMaxx for €16
    , Don't know if that is a good price, but seemed it. (I went from looking for a nintendo switch, to looking at/noticing everything nintendo in a week!! :p:o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is amazon the cheapest place to get Mario kart 8 at £41.99 ? Nowhere cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Hi folks, looking to pickup Fifa 19 for the switch, see it on amazon for £45/ €50ish and €55 on Smyths, presume that's the best I'm gonna get? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

steve_r wrote: »
    Hi folks, looking to pickup Fifa 19 for the switch, see it on amazon for £45/ €50ish and €55 on Smyths, presume that's the best I'm gonna get? Thanks

Unless you're giving the man-with-the-bag a dig out, I'd hold your water. This was £27-29 around a week ago (Amazon, TGC etc - price back up and out of stock now) and will drop again in the new year.

Base.com and Simply Games have it for £34.95 + delivery.
    https://www.base.com/buy/product/fifa-19-nintendo-switch/dgc-fifa19ns.htm
    https://www.simplygames.com/p/fifa-19-nintendo-switch

Oh, and check your local tesco! They're starting to stock a few Switch games, have seen Pokemon and Mariokart in my local. Should be around €45 to €50 in there, plus there's the 10 off 45 vouchers floating around that don't exclude games or electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Thanks, yeah its a christmas pressie alright so it will need to be bought sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

steve_r wrote: »

If you're willing to wait until after Christmas, i'll bet you'll get it a lot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pokémon Let's Go Eevee is down to £35 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DJ1SS29/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_apmeCbZD5SRD3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7237993/Trail/searchtext>Monopoly.htm

Nintendo Monopoly down to €9.99 in Argos, be handy for Christmas! (Actual Monopoly, not the Switch game)

Edit- item number 723/7993, my link doesn't seem to be working.

is this the same version of monopoly thats on the hasbro game ? with trivia pursuit and risk? i like trivia pursuit so was thinking of getting that, no point me getting this separately if its the same game.

Edit: cant seem to find it there now anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

is this the same version of monopoly thats on the hasbro game ? with trivia pursuit and risk? i like trivia pursuit so was thinking of getting that, no point me getting this separately if its the same game.

Edit: cant seem to find it there now anyways.

Updated with item number, it's still there. I've no idea, I assume it's just regular monopoly with Nintendo characters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

baldshin wrote: »
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7237993/Trail/searchtext>Monopoly.htm

Nintendo Monopoly down to €9.99 in Argos, be handy for Christmas! (Actual Monopoly, not the Switch game)
    Link wasn't working for me saying product not available

This one should work!
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=7237993&authToken=

My kids were given it as a present last Christmas. It's good fun bit different to regular monopoly. You still go around board and buy property but there's no houses. There's a second dice you throw that has green and red shell, POW, squid and coins, There's a boss battle card every time someone passes go. Much faster to play a game. Not like the 2/3 day games I had in my house growing up!

You can buy extra characters for it too. Each character has different power up ability. Never seen them for sale in Ireland though. Did see them in France last summer should have really bought a few.

oh i thought it was the switch game haha.. doh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

baldshin wrote: »
    Updated with item number, it's still there. I've no idea, I assume it's just regular monopoly with Nintendo characters?

It's good fun, well worth a tenner and is a lot quicker than normal monopoly and less staid and dull. Very few similarities to normal monopoly, and very easy to pick up. My teenagers and younger one all love it. As do I!

Extra characters go for silly money on ebay though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement