Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Pokémon Let's Go Eevee is down to £35 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DJ1SS29/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_apmeCbZD5SRD3

still showing as 49.99 for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

I saw this at the discounted price earlier, must've gone back up already. That went back up in about 20 minutes I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

In fairness I did post it at 8.20 this morning. The deals only last a short while on Amazon before selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

In fairness I did post it at 8.20 this morning. The deals only last a short while on Amazon before selling out.

Ah right didn't know it had sold out thought it might have been something I had done wrong, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is €24.99 on Amazon Italy. €30.30 delivered to Ireland, €55.59 to deliver 2, €80.89 for 3.
    https://www.amazon.it/Monster-Hunter-Generations-Ultimate-Nintendo/dp/B07CXFK8PX/

Or if you go the PW/PM/AP/PC route - 1 = €27.65, 2 = €52.31, 3 = €76.97. So no real advantage using them, except quicker shipping times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Suckit wrote: »
    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is €24.99 on Amazon Italy. €30.30 delivered to Ireland, €55.59 to deliver 2, €80.89 for 3.
    https://www.amazon.it/Monster-Hunter-Generations-Ultimate-Nintendo/dp/B07CXFK8PX/

Or if you go the PW/PM/AP/PC route - 1 = €27.65, 2 = €52.31, 3 = €76.97. So no real advantage using them, except quicker shipping times.

Is it even worth getting for the switch? Its a 3DS port :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

nix wrote: »

Decent price anyway. Cheaper than a new 3ds game and it is probably better on a bigger screen. So don't know if it's worth it to you, but different strokes for different folks and all that.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I tried the demo and couldnt get into it at all.

It looks like a 3DS Port

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If you have one there is a free trial on PS4 from 12th–17th of December for MH: World which is a better game and cheaper in general. It's absolutely not for everyone though, played the BETA last year and hated it but I gave it another go and really enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ya, I was going to say I find it ludicrous that Monster Hunter: Generations Ultimate is generally €50(€60 if you buy from Nintendo's eShop), an old 3DS port. While Monster Hunter World, a new game is freely available for €25. Or €22 delivered if you buy it online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi Guys. Are there any decent cheaper alternatives to the pro controller. Just bought the switch for xmas and think I'd prefer a traditional type controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Mr E wrote: »

Bugger all there :( Was hoping to pick up celeste, i guess ill be getting it on steam :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Nintendo keeping up the trend of worst sales of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hi Guys. Are there any decent cheaper alternatives to the pro controller. Just bought the switch for xmas and think I'd prefer a traditional type controller.

There's the 8bitdo sfc30 pro, usually 35ish, and one that's 25ish sterling sometimes on Amazon - this one I think :
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B075GJBYWK/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=A3KGV3MKFX1BEY&psc=1
    Ciderman has one, said it was ok.

There are wired controllers by Hori, you can get them in Argos and Smyth's. GameStop had a tenner off pro controllers during the week but it might have been a one day deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo 3rd parties have started their eShop Christmas sale.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/nintendo_download_festive_offers_europe

Fixed. Nintendo themselves, typically have done nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can anyone tell me why ducktales wasn't released on 3ds such a shame

sligeach wrote:

When those exclusive Nintendo Online membership special offers happen I'll let you know :cool:
    Yup it'll be like Gold & PS+ where I'll get exclusive deals. It can't just be offers to buy tat like NES remotes.....oh wait :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Picked up the Shantaes, meant to be decent enough

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sligeach wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Gonna pick up Crypt of the Necrodancer purely out of curiosity. Only have Switch a few weeks so not too familiar with a lot of the games on the sale. Anything else of note worth picking up folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Wolfenstein just dropped to 37.99 pounds on Amazon.

As cheap as it has even been: https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Wolfenstein-New-Colossus-Nintendo-Switch/product/B07D8DPG27

I’m tempted to order but also looking at Megaman 11 on the eShop sale ...

Bob24 wrote: »
    Wolfenstein just dropped to 37.99 pounds on Amazon.

As cheap as it has even been: https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Wolfenstein-New-Colossus-Nintendo-Switch/product/B07D8DPG27

Madness considering its a tenner for months on the big consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »

It's been out a lot longer on those consoles and has plenty of FPS games to compete with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It's been out a lot longer on those consoles and has plenty of FPS games to compete with.

And also since switch versions seem to retain their value a bit better than other consoles (for exemple Doom Is still 45 pounds), buying during sales actually works fine if the goal is to buy the game, complete it, and sell it.

For exemple I completed Doom for less than 5 euros - bought it new when it was on sale and sold it for close to the same price two months later. Just went ahead and ordered Wolfenstein and I am assuming I can do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Starlink down to 20 euros. I paid 40 thinking that was a bargain Boohoo. Still though it's actually a good game I enjoy a good space shooter.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/starlink-battle-for-atlas/starlink-battle-for-atlas-starter-packs/starlink-battle-for-atlas-starter-pack-nintendo-switch/p/168612

Ships are still 50% off but retailers seem to want rid of this stuff fast, I'd imagine it will be in a skip before long.

I legit forgot I had ordered Starlink on Friday until I checked my emails earlier & they said it shipped. I got free shipping when I went to checkout so I couldn't say no. Ubisoft will do will sell a lot of units at a significant loss I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

ERG89 wrote: »
    I legit forgot I had ordered Starlink on Friday until I checked my emails earlier & they said it shipped. I got free shipping when I went to checkout so I couldn't say no. Ubisoft will do will sell a lot of units at a significant loss I imagine.

It's nuts that this game was €80 in Smyths exactly 2 months ago. That's the fastest drop I've ever seen.

imitation wrote: »
    Starlink down to 20 euros. I paid 40 thinking that was a bargain Boohoo. Still though it's actually a good game I enjoy a good space shooter.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/starlink-battle-for-atlas/starlink-battle-for-atlas-starter-packs/starlink-battle-for-atlas-starter-pack-nintendo-switch/p/168612
    Not
    Ships are still 50% off but retailers seem to want rid of this stuff fast, I'd imagine it will be in a skip before long.

Good it's a great game I want more ships cheap haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭redlead

Just picked a copy up. It wasn't really top of my list but at that price you'd be mad not to! Thanks for the tip! Pity you couldn't just get the digital version for that price as I wouldn't be into the amibo toy things. For those that have played, can you just play the physical version without using them or does that put you at a disadvantage?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement