Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I suppose the problem with playing it digital must be that you don't get to enjoy the fire sale on the ships and weapons, would that be right?
    While you might be able to pick up the whole range of add-ons in Smyths in a 3 for a fiver deal in January, online the will still be full price DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is Etrian Odyssey V worth a go digitally for €16 on eshop currently

I am wise beyond my many years on the toys to life sh1t show paid hundreds for skylanders that now sit in the window of cex stores for pennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

redlead wrote: »
    For those that have played, can you just play the physical version without using them or does that put you at a disadvantage?

Yes you can. But yes it does, though it's not too bad.
    The ships, pilots and weapons in the starter pack are permanently unlocked for "digital mode" play. You have to rescan the other physical ones every 7 days to keep them in your digital collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I suppose the problem with playing it digital must be that you don't get to enjoy the fire sale on the ships and weapons, would that be right? While you might be able to pick up the whole range of add-ons in Smyths in a 3 for a fiver deal in January, online the will still be full price DLC.

Yeah, currently €6 for a 2 gun dlc pack as the cheapest.

Doubt I'll be getting any, it's €70 to get all the dlc missing. And while a bit of fun I don't think the game is worth €90+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I love them and will probably pull the trigger during this sale.

They're old school dungeon exploring games, and you can draw your own map on the touch screen as you go to make things easier.

They're a little like playing dungeons and dragons, where you control the entire party of 5, and can cut/rename/reclass/remake each character 100% to your choosing.

Famous for being quite hard, but give you a lot of freedom to overcome challenges.

• Advertisement

Diablo III is £32 on Amazon. Seems like a decent deal.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GSV8GNH?tag=22

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Starlink arrived today in a box half the size of my front door.
    I got free delivery tho cause despite the parcel size it was not a bulky item.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

ERG89 wrote: »
    Starlink arrived today in a box half the size of my front door.
    I got free delivery tho cause despite the parcel size it was not a bulky item.
    :confused:

I was waiting for someone else to say this. I got a few parcels on Saturday morning. I was wondering what on Earth could be in this. You obviously got the same box, it's at least x8 the size if not slightly more than was necessary. Ridiculous, the rest of the cavity filled with those clear bubble bags.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Did you get free shipping with smyths? Thought you needed to spend €49 up?

No, it says €29. But I bought a few different things between €20-25, all on separate occasions and got free delivery each time. And they all arrived pretty much the next day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

sligeach wrote: »
    No, it says €29. But I bought a few different things between €20-25, all on separate occasions and got free delivery each time.

For the last month or so they ran a promo that anyone with an existing account got free delivery on all orders :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

vicwatson wrote:
    Did you get free shipping with smyths? Thought you needed to spend €49 up?

It's normally 29. But at the moment when I go to the checkout I see a message
    -Received Promotions
    Free Standard Shipping for Registered Account Holders! (Excludes Large Bulky Items)

So I got it shipped for nothing.
    sligeach wrote:
    I was waiting for someone else to say this. I got a few parcels on Saturday morning. I was wondering what on Earth could be in this. You obviously got the same box, it's at least x8 the size if not slightly more than was necessary. Ridiculous, the rest of the cavity filled with those clear bubble bags.

Yeah, bin day today so I'm stuck with it for a few weeks. Smyths have done it before when I ordered controllers which put me off buying from them again. They obviously ran out of sane sized boxes.
    In an unrelated post I had deliveries last Tuesday by an post and it was spread over 3 separate deliveries over 2 hours. 1 was books I ordered from amazon, the other was a game also ordered from Amazon and the last was regular post.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Smyths saying no guarantee of delivery for Xmas, their date of arrival is set up to Jan 2nd.

In anyone’s experience reckon it’ll arrive pre Xmas? I think they use an post and I know in the past it’s usually delivered within 2 days - but maybe not at this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Smyths saying no guarantee of delivery for Xmas, their date of arrival is set up to Jan 2nd.

In anyone’s experience reckon it’ll arrive pre Xmas? I think they use an post and I know in the past it’s usually delivered within 2 days - but maybe not at this time of the year.

You'll be pushing it I'd say. Probably better to be safe than sorry and go in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They have a big banner on their site saying "We can no longer guarantee delivery by Christmas" so I'd go with that.
    I suggest going into the shop if you can...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think today is the last day to get the Guacamelee! 2 discount (30% off if you own the first game, 10% off if you don't).
    I haven't finished the first game yet, but I just grabbed the sequel while it's discounted...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Allow me to butter myself up and sliiiide on in here for some Etrian love. I have only played IV so I can only give my thoughts on that but I put 70 hours into it and enjoyed every second.

It's a game that shouldn't be rushed. Enjoy the exploration, the music, the map drawing, the side quests, character upgrades etc.

It can be a small bit overwhelming at first especially for someone like me who had extremely limited JRPG experience but if you like the genre, it won't be a bother to you. It's hard too.

Rule of thumb; don't stray too far from an area until you become at least competitive against all of the enemy types.

If you have a few days off over Christmas, it's definitely one of recommend to forget about ****ty real adult life for a while.

They said the same thing when ordering last Friday afternoon. It arrived Saturday morning. It may get more sketchy from here on out though. It's just them covering their backside in case it doesn't arrive before Christmas.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Allow me to butter myself up and sliiiide on in here for some Etrian love. I have only played IV so I can only give my thoughts on that but I put 70 hours into it and enjoyed every second.

It's a game that shouldn't be rushed. Enjoy the exploration, the music, the map drawing, the side quests, character upgrades etc.

It can be a small bit overwhelming at first especially for someone like me who had extremely limited JRPG experience but if you like the genre, it won't be a bother to you. It's hard too.

Rule of thumb; don't stray too far from an area until you become at least competitive against all of the enemy types.

If you have a few days off over Christmas, it's definitely one of recommend to forget about ****ty real adult life for a while.

Thanks for taking the time to post this think I'll grab it but want to hold off until Thursday just in case something better drops in price.

I love them and will probably pull the trigger during this sale.

They're old school dungeon exploring games, and you can draw your own map on the touch screen as you go to make things easier.

They're a little like playing dungeons and dragons, where you control the entire party of 5, and can cut/rename/reclass/remake each character 100% to your choosing.

Famous for being quite hard, but give you a lot of freedom to overcome challenges.

Thanks for the info I had Persona Q kinda found it frustrating still have Etrian 1 on my epic to be played pile might grab V if nothing else drops in the sale as the reduction is until 03/01/19

Banjo wrote: »
    Diablo III is £32 on Amazon. Seems like a decent deal.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GSV8GNH?tag=22
    RegularBruisedHerculesbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Haughty derision it is. You appear to have taken a wrong turn. This is the "bargain alert" thread. ;)

• Advertisement

RegularBruisedHerculesbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Haughty derision it is. You appear to have taken a wrong turn. This is the "bargain alert" thread. ;)

It's the bargain alerts thread in the Nintendo forum. Did you take a right turn at Albequerque, by any chance?

Barganzinga Argos just dropped Diablo to £32 in UK expect Ireland tax tomorrow maybe €38ish reserve now

Carp no stock it's currently €41 keep an eye on it

http://checkargos.com/product/8669900

Banjo wrote: »
    It's the bargain alerts thread in the Nintendo forum. Did you take a right turn at Albequerque, by any chance?

£32 for a game isn't a bargain, much less so for an old game, albeit a remaster. The fact it's on Switch doesn't change that. It is a bit less than its RRP, I suppose, but it never should have been that high in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

£32 for a game isn't a bargain, much less so for an old game, albeit a remaster. The fact it's on Switch doesn't change that. It is a bit less than its RRP, I suppose, but it never should have been that high in the first place.

To "you" it may not be a bargain but to plenty of others it may well be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

TitianGerm wrote: »
    To "you" it may not be a bargain but to plenty of others it may well be.

Don't feed the beast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Enough lads and lasses. Thanks.
    Move along

Mr E wrote: »
    They have a big banner on their site saying "We can no longer guarantee delivery by Christmas" so I'd go with that.
    I suggest going into the shop if you can...

Yes yes I saw that (as per my posting), I was more wondering about people’s experiences on delivery times from smyths but no sweat if it arrives in time happy days if not it’ll be something to look forward to for after the turkey :)

Thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I know some will think because it's a Chinese store etc.
    But JD/Joybuy are the biggest retailer in China and this has been on sale a few times before and appears to be genuine by all accounts on other forums by people that have received it, including HUKD. The 256GB goes on sale too (cheaper than it is now).

€16.18 or $17.99/€15.80 (cheaper if you use Revolut/N26 and pay in US$ let them do the exchange)
    Samsung Evo Plus 128GB https://www.joybuy.com/3297606.html

• Advertisement

Got dispatch notice with An Post tracking code from Smyths so it's a watch and see - bonus if it arrives! very fast dispatch in fairness to Smyths

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement