Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

South Park: The Fractured But Whole for Nintendo Switch is just under €21 from MyMemory. Their postage is very cheap too, something like a couple of Euro if I recall correctly.

https://www.mymemory.ie/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-nintendo-switch.html

Their Switch section of games is very small, I remember it being far bigger. I wouldn't be expecting it to arrive before Christmas but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Grip is £18 on Amazon

GRIP Combat Racing (Nintendo Switch) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CHRCFKK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_caIgCbVN95F75

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Monopoly Gamer has dropped a little further in Argos to €8.49:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7237993/Trail/searchtext%3EMONOPOLY+GAMER.htm

No stock in the Pale though.
    Note - if you're looking for the expansion pieces, you can buy them from the blind bag racks at the tills in Smyths, there were about 4 or 5 of them in Fonthill Road yesterday morning. €4.99 I think, so if you hold out a few days you could end up spending more on the expansion packs than the game costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Grip is £18 on Amazon

GRIP Combat Racing (Nintendo Switch) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CHRCFKK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_caIgCbVN95F75

I'm beginning to feel a little sick..

I bought that with Let's Go Eevee (down to £34.99 on Amazon), meaning I have now spent a bit more than €200 on games and I still don't own a switch :o:o:o.
    I was afraid some of the offers will shoot back up in price after Christmas when a couple of million new switch owners are looking for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Banjo wrote: »

Note - if you're looking for the expansion pieces, you can buy them from the blind bag racks at the tills in Smyths, there were about 4 or 5 of them in Fonthill Road yesterday morning. €4.99 I think, so if you hold out a few days you could end up spending more on the expansion packs than the game costs!

For avoidance of confusion, you can see which one you're getting on these, they aren't actually blind bags themselves, they have a window. (I know you just said they were on the blind bag rack but some may have put 2 + 2 together and got 386)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm beginning to feel a little sick..

I bought that with Let's Go Eevee (down to £34.99 on Amazon), meaning I have now spent a bit more than €200 on games and I still don't own a switch :o:o:o.
    I was afraid some of the offers will shoot back up in price after Christmas when a couple of million new switch owners are looking for games.

I don't even want to work out how much I spent on games for my X, Switch and PC and still haven't even looked at.

I just end up playing Overwatch most evenings :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Like me as well I have areo 15x, Xbox one X and a switch the only game I play is football manager 2019...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

vicwatson wrote: »
    Got dispatch notice with An Post tracking code from Smyths so it's a watch and see - bonus if it arrives! very fast dispatch in fairness to Smyths

In case anyone is after this, it arrived today ! Very fast, ordered Monday evening, delivered this morning. Huge box but all good, thanks for the heads up:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Not sure if this is in all stores, but the Omni Gamestop is selling off Christmas-themed 8-bit Zelda mugs for €1.99. They might also be in the 3 for 2 deal, so that’s 3 mugs for €3.98. Bargain! Photo attached hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Not sure if this is in all stores, but the Omni Gamestop is selling off Christmas-themed 8-bit Zelda mugs for €1.99. They might also be in the 3 for 2 deal, so that’s 3 mugs for €3.98. Bargain! Photo attached hopefully.

Very apt username!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Nintendo are idiots, found a good deal on the Pokemon Switch but if I buy it I can't get my save off my other Switch... so they lost themselves €350

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Nintendo are idiots, found a good deal on the Pokemon Switch but if I buy it I can't get my save off my other Switch... so they lost themselves €350

Can you not upload your save to the cloud and download on the new Switch? You can also do a transfer between Switches I think.

Transfer might work but Pokemon doesn't support cloud saves. Seems ridiculous to not support Cloud Saves on your flagship online-only offering (Splatoon 2) and one of your most iconic franchises (Pokemon) but then if they did things the sane way they wouldn't be Nintendo, would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Banjo wrote: »
    Transfer might work but Pokemon doesn't support cloud saves. Seems ridiculous to not support Cloud Saves on your flagship online-only offering (Splatoon 2) and one of your most iconic franchises (Pokemon) but then if they did things the sane way they wouldn't be Nintendo, would they?

Yep the one game I put hours into is Pokemon and can't upload to the cloud...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Overcooked 2 has 25% off on Eshop at the moment which brings it down to €18.74 and works out around €15 on SA store.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Yeah when you do the account transfer it will copy over all the saves linked to that account. I got the pokemon switch for the missus and moved her account from my switch and her Splatoon 2 saved moved along with it so she didnt have to start again. (which was a big relief)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 supercaravan

So where is currently the best place to buy a switch in Ireland?

Some good deals available on the eShop.

Mario and Rabbids is €20 (50% off).
    Crash Remastered is €26 (35% off).
    Okami HD is €15 (25% off).
    Furi is €10 (50% off).
    Rayman Legends is €20 (50% off).
    Thumper is €8 (60% off).
    Axiom Verge is €9 (50% off).
    WW2K18 is €15 (67% off).

Think I might grab Mario and Rabbids, Furi, and Axiom Verge.

Edit: Octopath Traveller is meant to be 40% off but I'm not seeing it in the eShop yet. I can't recommend this game enough. Definitely one of my games of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Some good deals available on the eShop.

Mario and Rabbids is €20 (50% off).
    Crash Remastered is €26 (35% off).
    Okami HD is €15 (25% off).
    Furi is €10 (50% off).
    Rayman Legends is €20 (50% off).
    Thumper is €8 (60% off).
    Axiom Verge is €9 (50% off).
    WW2K18 is €15 (67% off).

Think I might grab Mario and Rabbids, Furi, and Axiom Verge.

Edit: Octopath Traveller is meant to be 40% off but I'm not seeing it in the eShop yet. I can't recommend this game enough. Definitely one of my games of the year.

I don't think Octopath is on sale until tomorrow. I played the demo and was enjoying it towards the end but the random encounter thing kind of wrecked my head. Walking along and then you backtrack 10 steps and bam, there's 3 enemies and it cuts to turn based mode out of nowhere. Don't know I could handle that for entire game found it quite jarring.

Picked up Okami earlier, heard good things and have never played on other consoles.

Tempted by Axiom Verge too.

I've looked at Mario and Rabbids a few times but still not sure what type of game it is.

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    I've looked at Mario and Rabbids a few times but still not sure what type of game it is.

It's like a cross between Fire Emblem and Morons From Outer Space

skerry wrote: »
    I don't think Octopath is on sale until tomorrow. I played the demo and was enjoying it towards the end but the random encounter thing kind of wrecked my head. Walking along and then you backtrack 10 steps and bam, there's 3 enemies and it cuts to turn based mode out of nowhere. Don't know I could handle that for entire game found it quite jarring.

Picked up Okami earlier, heard good things and have never played on other consoles.

Tempted by Axiom Verge too.

One of the characters has a passive skill that reduces the amount of random envounters. I didn't think it would be my kind of game but it is so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Holy sh*t. €12.50. :D

Just grabbed a copy for my nephew.

How well does it play in handheld mode?

Thats madness. €90 and you'd own almost the complete set.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

fixxxer wrote: »

If I go digital with this, how will the physical add-ons work?
    I've no interest in more ships but I believe the weapons are needed to unlock content.

No idea. I've got a shopping cart full of ships and my finger over the order button. It's 3 for 2 on top of the price reductions they've listed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've to head in to town this morning, might spend €7 and pick a couple of weapon packs up.

• Advertisement

Does the one for €12.50 include the game?

Edit: I see it does. Just ordered one for store collection as an extra part of my brother's Christmas present.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement