Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

fixxxer wrote: »
    No idea. I've got a shopping cart full of ships and my finger over the order button. It's 3 for 2 on top of the price reductions they've listed.

If you try the 3 for 2 the site errors and they go back up in price...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've no interest in more ships but I believe the weapons are needed to unlock content.

Also need specific pilots to unlock all of the upgrades too

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Suckit wrote: »

When you reckon would be a good time to take the plunge?
    Wanted to get one for myself for Christmas but wondering should I wait till after? How much better were the deals before in comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

sligeach wrote: »
    It's possible, next week or next month, people will be saying the same thing about paying €20 for it. :)

Well feck it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Some good deals available on the eShop.

WW2K18 is €15 (67% off)

As far as I remember this is a broken mess of a game. Avoid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Actually, would the toys on Starlink be cross compatible the a PS4 version if they had been used on the Switch?

SMC92Ian wrote: »

I think the 3 for 2 offer is for used games. Does it apply to new games as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Well feck it anyway.

Yeh, I paid smyths 20 for it the other day :D ah sure. some you win

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Yeh this isn't working, they go back to €13.33 each :mad:

Can you get this offer in store I wonder?

I think the 3 for 2 offer is for used games. Does it apply to new games as well?

Yes according to my basket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If I go digital with this, how will the physical add-ons work?
    I've no interest in more ships but I believe the weapons are needed to unlock content.

When you scan a ship, pilot and/or weapon into the game, it's unlocked digitally for 7 days. Then you need to scan it again.

The biggest advantage of having Physical toys, apart from the Neeeeeeeeoooooowm factor, is that you can't have 2 of the same weapon in Digital play mode. Having 2 of the same weapon gives you a bonus of some kind, apparently, and both fire from either button.

Even with the physical version, you get 1 digital weapon, 1 digital ship and 2 digital pilots, so they're kind of pushing you that way anyway.
    Actually, would the toys on Starlink be cross compatible the a PS4 version if they had been used on the Switch?

I don't think they register to your ownership like an Amiibo - the point of the 7 day digital unlock is, I think, so friends can share but not forever. So I'm going to guess and say yes they are, except for the StarFox stuff, which is the bulk of the Switch starter.

The ships are ****ing huge. If you have a Box of Shame full of Amiibo and Infinity and Skylanders, you're going to need to upgrade it to a shipping crate.

BTW, look for a Gravity based weapon, the crappy Neptune ship that comes with the Stasis gun and maybe the Meteor 'cause it makes you charge forward a massive distance which is handy for brute-forcing the bizarre platforming puzzles they occasionally put in your way. That should cover opening all the boxes you find.
    How well does it play in handheld mode?

I've played almost exclusively in handheld - not had any issues at all. I'm not a purist though. Draw distance might be a little less than you might expect if you're coming from a PS4 Pro

vicwatson wrote: »

Weirdly, when you go through to checkout and say choose a shop to collect from, they go back to €10.00 each but not 3 for 2

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My order for collection was cancelled for some reason.

Stock levels were fairly low when I checked this morning.

If you order Starlink for home delivery, if you thought Smyths were bad, be warned, I hear Gamestop are going to ship it in a crate. ;)
    Du76E0vX0AAeib4?format=jpg&name=small

Also, I just realised, as long as you haven't opened it, you should be able to return any purchase from Smyths.

So to confirm, there is no 3 for 2 offer?

So to confirm, there is no 3 for 2 offer?

Its a banner on the website so there should be a 3 for 2. Will screen shot and try in store later. Only thing I can think is that offers don't stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Because GameStop have the worst online ordering system in existence between allowing you to order stuff they don't have to showing stock on the checker that is already reserved.

Its a banner on the website so there should be a 3 for 2. Will screen shot and try in store later. Only thing I can think is that offers don't stack.

That banner's for used games though.

IE.376x376Tiles-Dec200_update.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There were 3 for 2 stickers on all the Starlink toys when I collected the game this morning.
    They'll be in the bargain bin in January, so hold tight.

But when you put them in the basket they show as "new"

BTW - has anyone played it in 2 player mode? Do you need 2 controller ship mounts if you're playing in physical mode, or can one of you play digitally? (And if so can you play with the physical and digital versions of the same ship/pilot/weapon at the same time?). And does player 2 need to use their own Nintendo ID (tied to a seperate digital collection) or do they just join as a guest and use yours?

Reason I'm asking is the 2nd ship mount controller dock is a tenner, but soon a second copy of the game will be less!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Stock levels were fairly low when I checked this morning.

Said there was two in stock in the shop when I ordered. I'll be down there tomorrow anyway so I'll pop in and see.

I'm blind, how did I miss that? I seen it, but didn't see the small writing. Gamestop's website is a mess. The 3 for 2 doesn’t work and if you add in 3 of the Starship packs or any of the other pack besides the game, it bumps up the price. Packs that were €3.50 are now €4.66. Packs that were €10 are now €13.32. If you remove one of the packs, it goes back down to the sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€4.66+€4.66 is €9.32 €3.50 * 3 is €10.50 so 3 for 2 at €4.66 each is cheaper than 3 of them at €3.50 each

€4.66+€4.66 is €9.32 €3.50 * 3 is €10.50 so 3 for 2 at €4.66 each is cheaper than 3 of them at €3.50 each

No. There's no reduction, no 3 for 2 offer. Put 3 in the basket for yourself and you'll see €4.66 x 3.
    Du8YVtvX4AAQniN?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No. There's no reduction, no 3 for 2 offer. Put 3 in the basket for yourself and you'll see €4.66 x 3.
    Du8YVtvX4AAQniN?format=jpg&name=small

Which is correct for 3 for 2 at €6.99 each. GameStops system will not stack offers. You'll get 3 for 2 at full price or 50% off, not both.

Order in stacks of 2 to get the 50% offer, it's not like they charge for shipping.

Yeah, order 3 of them, then take one out of the basket, price changes to 10 quid.
    Interestingly, the 3 for 2 offer won't process if you try to collect in store and bumps the ships up to 20 each but the 50% off will.
    And if you order 4 it gives you 3 for 2 (so 13.33 each) and 1 for 10 online, or 10 each for instore collection.
    So if you're ordering for instore collection, don't order 3 is what I'm saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

vicwatson wrote: »

Guy in the store said it's either %50 off or 3 for 2... can't do both.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement