Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

My head just exploded reading posts 8607 -> 8610 :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    So to confirm, there is no 3 for 2 offer?

So,
    I went in to buy it at 3 for 2.
    I was told it was either the 3 for 2 or get them at 50% aka €3.50 each.
    And at that, the till wouldn't ring up the offer so they had to take for the three weapon packs separately, at €3.50 each.
    Pain
    In
    The
    Hoop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

TitianGerm wrote: »
    One of the characters has a passive skill that reduces the amount of random envounters. I didn't think it would be my kind of game but it is so good.

Octopath discount showing up now. Coming in at 27 bob on SA Store. Sorely tempted, just need to get over the random encounter thing. Must stop buying games ....But it is Christmas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

wong wrote: »
    When you reckon would be a good time to take the plunge?
    Wanted to get one for myself for Christmas but wondering should I wait till after? How much better were the deals before in comparison?

Having the same problem. I was keeping tabs in the run up to Black Friday and while I saw a decent drop on amazon I didn’t see anything locally to blow me away.

Unsure wether to buy now or wait. I guess problem being Ive my Christmas holidays now where I can actually play the thing 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Smyths Sale now on. Nothing major, but the two Pokemon Lets Go games are €45.

https://www.smythstoys.com/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/c/SM06045202

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Smyths Sale now on. Nothing major, but the two Pokemon Lets Go games are €45.

https://www.smythstoys.com/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/c/SM06045202

The Diablo III collection is down to €39.99 in Smyth's I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Diablo III collection is down to €39.99 in Smyth's I see.

Think its been lower recently, id hold out on D3. Alota crap going on at blizz lately, id expect another price drop in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Just bought Octopath and Mario Rabids from the SA store for under 40e for both. Might have used some points though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Anyone who bought Starlink make sure the game is in it!!

We just opened ours and it's missing the game, according to Google it's common.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Anyone who bought Starlink make sure the game is in it!!

We just opened ours and it's missing the game, according to Google it's common.

Sugar it, wrapped ours the other day. Will have to cross fingers Santa remembered in our one.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks like starlink has gone back up to 24.99 again, on the website at least

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was one of their 12 days of Christmas offers. One day only...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Star Lord wrote: »
    Looks like starlink has gone back up to 24.99 again, on the website at least

It was the daily Christmas deal yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Finally purchased Resident Evil Revelations and Splintercell Blacklist off the Eshop for Wii U (remember that?!), €5.49 & €7.49 respectively. Good prices I think, and looking forward to playing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Len_007 wrote: »
    Finally purchased Resident Evil Revelations and Splintercell Blacklist off the Eshop for Wii U (remember that?!), €5.49 & €7.49 respectively. Good prices I think, and looking forward to playing them.

Blacklist is great. Has a 24 vibe about it (the TV show). A reminder of how well the gamepad can work too.

Can you play them on a switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

nix wrote: »
    Can you play them on a switch?

No

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Bunch more games added to the eShop sale...including 50% off Starlink! Base digital version is now €40 (5 ships, 7 pilots, 12 weapons) and the Deluxe version (with all the ships/weapons) is only €50, a damn sight cheaper than trying to buy everything separate.

Also now included is Octopath Traveller, Okami HD, Mario + Rabbids, Puyo Puyo & Tetris, Crash N Sane Trilogy.

A word of warning €6.99 for Puzzle Bobble will likely result in missed meals, time away from family and the workplace and a almost certain decline in the quality of your personal hygiene.
    A ridiculously addictive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

You should keep an eye on the Russian eShop in future. You could have bought both for roughly €6.66(239 Rubles and 281 Rubles).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A word of warning €6.99 for Puzzle Bobble will likely result in missed meals, time away from family and the workplace and a almost certain decline in the quality of your personal hygiene.
    A ridiculously addictive game.

Do not start to play unless you can finish the job

Try Amazon.COM Prime (don't forget to cancel) and then you can order The End is Nigh - delivered to Ireland for $24.60/€21.62
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073L7DL2J?tag=1

I tried to get it on Pricespy and a few other sites but can't seem to get a proper price comparison. :confused:, so that makes this seem decent to me. :)
    The results that do appear but don't lead anywhere on Pricespy are €28.80 anyway, so it still seems good.
    https://pricespy.ie/search?q=the%20end%20is%20nigh%20nintendo%20switch

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sligeach wrote: »
    You should keep an eye on the Russian eShop in future. You could have bought both for roughly €6.66(239 Rubles and 281 Rubles).

Thought that didn't work for Wii U games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought that didn't work for Wii U games

Pretty sure it does, I had a second UK account for the Injustice dlc that I chickened out of buying. It's a pain having to select a profile every time you start up though.

Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros Ultimate Bundle going for €350 at smyths, €20 cheaper than usual, great starter kit and decent price.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/nintendo-switch-super-smash-bros-ultimate-bundle/p/169571

EDIT: Just copped its a download code version of the game, but its not really the kind of game you would want to trade in anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

If anybody is looking for a truly fantastic 2d platformer for their new (or old Switch) then Rayman Legends is on sale.

Few more deals popping up on Eshop. Dead Cells is discounted and can be had for around €15 in South Africa store (€19.99 on Ireland store). Broken Age has 70% off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

skerry wrote: »
    Few more deals popping up on Eshop. Dead Cells is discounted and can be had for around €15 in South Africa store (€19.99 on Ireland store). Broken Age has 70% off too.

I definitely don't need another game but tempted by Dead Cells :confused:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I definitely don't need another game but tempted by Dead Cells :confused:

Have it on Xbox. Played a bit at the start but haven't played in a while. Ideal game for the Switch though. It's fairly addictive once you get a few good runs together and there's always the temptation to get that one last run in.

Sonic Mania down to €14.99 too.

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    Sonic Mania down to €14.99 too.

Where is that, on the eshop?
    I saw Sonic mania is €18.72 in gamestop, but not in Ireland, i was going to ask my cousin to buy it, but he came over as a surprise for Christmas. :):(

https://www.gamestop.de/Switch/Games/38675/sonic-mania-plus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement