Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Assassins creed 3 on £6.85 on amazon. Crazy cheap, and its quite good fun jumping off your horse to stab a bear in the head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Banjo wrote: »
    Assassins creed 3 on £6.85 on amazon. Crazy cheap, and its quite good fun jumping off your horse to stab a bear in the head

that should be the only thing on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I've got a code for xenoblade in argos Drogheda if that's of use to anyone here. It's good till Monday.

Prob as close to Dub as there'll be, quick enough trip up the M1 in a car.

If its still going could I have it please? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sorry been out all day. Who's wants codes for Dundalk and Drogheda. Get them while they're hot. You have until 6. Then they expire. Be quick because sneaky Argos will charge you €29.99 from tomorrow. Also Clonmel. Corholio wasn't able to get there today.

sligeach wrote: »
    Sorry been out all day. Who's wants codes for Dundalk and Drogheda. Get them while they're hot. You have until 6. Then they expire. Be quick because sneaky Argos will charge you €29.99 from tomorrow. Also Clonmel. Corholio wasn't able to get there today.

Are you still looking for a swap code for one of them?

If not could I get the Drogheda one please if its going spare?

If so, all the best with getting a swap code.

• Advertisement

No. I gave away the code for Clonmel this morning to Corholio but he can't travel there today. I don't know why he asked for it so. I have the other 2 as well for Drogheda and Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

If its still going could I have it please? :)

PM'd it to you there, enjoy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gamestop have Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii for about a fiver brand new.
    It's the Nintendo Classics branded release but still a bargain, something to warm you up ahead of the WiiU/3ds releases.

elfy4eva wrote: »
    PM'd it to you there, enjoy.

Thank you, you're a star! :D

Do you want a second code for Drogheda?

It needs to be used today.

• Advertisement

@mozie81 I sent you the code for Clonmel.

Boom Street at argos for €6.99

BOOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

No. I gave away the code for Clonmel this morning to Corholio but he can't travel there today. I don't know why he asked for it so. I have the other 2 as well for Drogheda and Dundalk.

I asked for it yesterday and you wanted to wait until today. No need to blame me for that.

Corholio wrote: »
    I asked for it yesterday and you wanted to wait until today. No need to blame me for that.
    Corholio wrote: »
    Is the Clonmel reservation for tomorrow or sometime next week? I'd love to have it either way.

Today at 00.08 a.m. That was the first you asked about it. I said to you straight away in a reply to your PM that if I didn't get a swap I'd give it to you this morning and that's exactly what I did at 9.10 a.m. to be precise. Just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not a fan of people hoovering up all the reservations in argos, no doubt with good motives and trying to be helpful to other boards users, but I just find it all gets messy, but I think I am probably in the minority!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Today at 00.08 a.m. That was the first you asked about it. I said to you straight away in a reply to your PM that if I didn't get a swap I'd give it to you this morning and that's exactly what I did at 9.10 a.m. to be precise. Just saying.

Yes. IF you didn't get a swap, so otherwise I wouldn't have known until today regardless. I appreciate that you wanted to give the code but I would have needed to plan in advance to travel there, so no need to question someone because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's the Nintendo Classics branded release but still a bargain, something to warm you up ahead of the WiiU/3ds releases.

Jesus, a fiver! Anything else decent?

Good news everyone. I've more reservation codes. I do the hard work so ye don't have to. Who wants them? They're valid until close of business on Monday. Unfortunately Argos have increased the price to 29.99 but it's still a bargain. I've a code each for Drogheda, Dundalk, Clonmel and Athlone. I would like to swap codes for Dublin or Longford if possible please so I'll wait until tomorrow before giving them away?

Massive thanks to RobbingBandit for their code for Longford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Absolutely Gutted.

I saw this last night and it said "One left in stock, but may take 4 weeks shipping" - I proceeded to try and purchase it, and realised I only had €11.87 left on my Debit Card.
    Gone Now. :(
    ufV1K8vl.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Allyall wrote: »
    Absolutely Gutted.

I saw this last night and it said "One left in stock, but may take 4 weeks shipping" - I proceeded to try and purchase it, and realised I only had €11.87 left on my Debit Card.
    Gone Now. :(
    ufV1K8vl.jpg?1
    I bought the regular edition but wasn't that gone on it. I'll probably go back to it at some point, but if you wanted a lend of the game just to play it I could post it to you, and you could play it and send it back. I'll not be playing it any time soon, so wouldn't care how long it'd take you to clear it. Only thing is I'm not sure if I have it with me here in Cork or back in Limerick. Would have to have a look around.

Edit: Have it here with me.

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I bought the regular edition but wasn't that gone on it. I'll probably go back to it at some point, but if you wanted a lend of the game just to play it I could post it to you, and you could play it and send it back. I'll not be playing it any time soon, so wouldn't care how long it'd take you to clear it. Only thing is I'm not sure if I have it with me here in Cork or back in Limerick. Would have to have a look around.

Thanks a million :)

But I'm buying to add it to my library. I've been keeping an eye out since January, I saw a limited edition go for €25 on Ebay. I nearly had this one :D
    I think it's one of those games that you have to really get into it before it grips you (If you get me).. At leats, that's the impression I got of it.
    I can't wait to play it, but am also enjoying trying to get it (Sometimes).

Ah right, fair enough. Open offer anyway, just saw I have my copy here with me.

Very generous. I might take you up on it if I find that I'm finding it too hard to get/taking too long.. Thanks again :)

The Last Story isn't a big deal. It isn't exactly a prized part of my collection. Now, if it were Tales of Vesperia, I'd be wanting promises it'd be looked after like the treasure that it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Vesperia isn't that rare anymore CeX in Newry have one for £18 might pick it up tomorrow.

You should. I wasn't really sold on the demo, but I bought it anyway because I didn't know when I'd see it again. I haven't seen it retail since, though I think I've seen it on Amazon.com at some point between then and now. Might have always been easy to find it online, but wouldn't really be looking up games I own online like that. It is on the marketplace too. Glad I did get it, had a lot of fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JosephPatrick

Not sure if anybody has seen this, but Bit Trip Runner 2 is on the Wii U eshop for €3.99 at the moment reduced from €15 I think.

Downloaded it last night, really fun game to get into and well worth the 4 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up 2 cheap games for the 3DS this weekend with out even looking

Got Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity in xtravison for €5

Also picked up another cheap game in argos

Rhythm Thief for €7 like has good reviews so i said why not ?

Heres a link if there is any in stock anywhere

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2053512/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CNintendo+3DS%7C25696310/c_3/4%7Ccat_25696310%7CNintendo+3DS+games%7C25696589.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Some more, copies of xenoblade have become available in a number of shops. One in Pavillions.

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1984998

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I literally just bought it for 20 yesterday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement