Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

TheDoc wrote: »
    Was showing as available in a few stores for me this morning with 1 or 2 left in stock. Tralee etc.

Could all be gone now though?

It's a bundle selling cheaper than the console alone, so imagine it would be gone fast. I was looking to see any in my area and I would have gone and bought one

Yeah, I should've used the dropdown list on the site instead maybe. I can some in Sligo, Claremorris and Tralee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Will Nintendo UK even entertain repairing an out of region Switch under warranty?

They'll probably repair it, but you will have to pay as your warranty is for the region it is to be sold in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Will Nintendo UK even entertain repairing an out of region Switch under warranty?

The Switch is region free so I don't see why it would be an issue once you have a proof of purchase. Ive never had to test that after buying stuff from eglobal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

fixxxer wrote: »
    The Switch is region free so I don't see why it would be an issue once you have a proof of purchase. Ive never had to test that after buying stuff from eglobal though.

The console may be region free, but it doesn't come with a global warranty. If you buy a console from Hong Kong it will not be covered by Nintendo Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not sure if it was just store specific but picked up One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Deluxe Edition for Switch for €9.99 in Gamestop.

IMG-20190115-135951.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Quick question, about to buy Firewatch from Canada store and it added $1 Tax. Should I choose a different region to get lower Tax rate?

Thanks

EDIT: just tried to purchase the game from Canadian store using Revolut and it wont let me. Anyone have this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nedd wrote: »
    Quick question, about to buy Firewatch from Canada store and it added $1 Tax. Should I choose a different region to get lower Tax rate?

Thanks

EDIT: just tried to purchase the game from Canadian store using Revolut and it wont let me. Anyone have this issue?

You need to use credit for Canada. South Africa or Russia use Revolut.

You need to use credit for Canada. South Africa or Russia use Revolut.

How do I purchase Canadian credit? Thanks for you help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

https://www.pcgamesupply.com/Nintendo-eShop/

(Caveat - I've never purchased Canadian credit, but I've bought US credit).
    You'll need to set up a Canadian/US account on your Switch to use their credit.

FYI Russia/South Africa work fine with our own debit/credit cards.

OK, this is messing up my plans. Canadian store is cheapest, but it comes in at $21. So I will have to buy $35 in credit. Not ideal.

I have been happily downloading from SA store, just assumed they were all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There are cheaper options available out there, but these officially licensed Micro SD cards are reduced on Amazon UK. £30 for the 128GB and £18 for 64GB.

SanDisk 128GB microSDXC card for Nintendo Switch

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KXQX3S3/ 128GB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KXRGM8X/ 64GB
    41WY5dPF6EL._AC_SY400_.jpg

The Zelda one looks nice, but then you wouldn't be seeing it much. Although, at 64GB you might be swapping it a bit. The 128GB card is red and has a Super Mario mushroom on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

You're also just paying extra for a logo, they do nothing extra over the standard sandisks micro sd's.

128GB £8 cheaper

64GB £5 cheaper

They are exactly the same, save for the logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

nix wrote: »
    You're also just paying extra for a logo, they do nothing extra over the standard sandisks micro sd's.

128GB £8 cheaper

64GB £5 cheaper

They are exactly the same, save for the logo.

I said there are far cheaper available memory cards, we all know that. These are official, maybe a collector might like them or for the diehards. And it's the cheapest they've been available.

Oh i wasnt trying to undermine your post Sligeach or come off as a dick, at least that wasnt my intent, i was just showing the cheaper alternatives as i nearly spent money myself on those nintendo ones thinking they would be better suited for the switch, when i dug into them i found they are the exact same except for the logo.

Even if we were to splash out on faster SD cards, the switch would bottle neck those speeds anyway. Anything above the UH speed 1 is wasted on the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dlaughingcow

Registered to post this, though I’m not sure if I can actually post links yet as this’ll be my first post, spam prevention and all that! Saw this on Reddit, there’s a German site with an offer of three games from a selected list for 111 euro!

I may pick up Xenoblade, Skyrim and Captain Toad! There are games like Donkey Kong, Splatoon and Pokemon Lets Go on there too!

Check the website spielekauf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Think this is the one your refering too.

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/shop/3fuer111.html

And this - https://www.saturn.de/de/shop/3fuer111.html

They have had offers like that a few times in the past month. They matched the amazon offer too, but shipping to Ireland is probably best when consolidating. (I've been watching like a hawk :D )
    For example If a few people ordered three games each to the same mailboxde address and they were then packaged together they would still all cost together less than €20 shipped.
    Or if ordering a couple of items from (for example) amazon Germany, Saturn and MediaMarkt shipping them together brings the overall cost down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dlaughingcow

Thanks folk! The further I looked the more difficult their website became though, I’d imagine one would have to speak German to figure it out, I had thought I could fluke it but alas I’ve given up for the time being xD

If I decide to figure it out I’ll add Skyrim, the new Mario port and Xenoblade to my backlog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks folk! The further I looked the more difficult their website became though, I’d imagine one would have to speak German to figure it out, I had thought I could fluke it but alas I’ve given up for the time being xD

If I decide to figure it out I’ll add Skyrim, the new Mario port and Xenoblade to my backlog!

3 Switch games for €111 on Amazon.de now.

Includes SMBU, Mario Tennis, Dark Souls, Arms and loads more.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/promotion/landingpage/A3R002ERR58CJL?ie=UTF8&ref_=plp_pc_rd_A3R002ERR58CJL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/promotion/landingpage/A3R002ERR58CJL?ie=UTF8&ref_=plp_pc_rd_A3R002ERR58CJL

Amazon de have these offers regularly. Note: the Amazon mobile app makes it easy to switch country and language. And the switch games just run in English on your switch. The box text is in German. Not sure if that effects resale value. Plugs prices are in euro, so no currency conversion shenanigans. At least for the games I've bought from Amazon.de. :)

• Advertisement

The bundle games worth it?
    Big Game hunter and fishing? Or are they likely to drop?
    After shipping it works out at roughly €38.50 a game.

I'm looking at Mario Party, New Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe and Splatoon or one of the bundles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hyrule warriors definitive is €30 in Smyths now for Switch, Swords as of 5 am has 5 in stock out of stock in all other dublin stores. As of posting this home delivery is available be quick.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/hyrule-warriors-definitive-edition-nintendo-switch/p/165510

Home delivery is gone now

Hyrule warriors definitive is €30 in Smyths now for Switch, Swords as of 5 am has 5 in stock out of stock in all other dublin stores. As of posting this home delivery is available be quick.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/hyrule-warriors-definitive-edition-nintendo-switch/p/165510

Home delivery is gone now

Thanks, Got it. Sister lives near there so i will ask her to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Went for NSMBUD, Mario Party & Mario Tennis in this offer.

I have NSMBU on Wii U but never really tackled the Luigi stuff or went back to finish out the post-story levels so looking forward to having the option to play it in handheld too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Hyrule Warriors is showing as out of stock in Navan on website but I just bought one now and it has 3 more copies available in store, also it’s marked as 54.99 but of course scans at 30.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I went on to get it but lost heart as I realised I have it elsewhere and never play it.
    I got the Mario v Rabbids game instead for €24.99

How come let's go pickachu is 58 second hand in cex and 45 new in Smyth's ? Who pays these prices in cex cash? I guess it's only for those trading cex vouchers ?

conormario wrote: »
    How come let's go pickachu is 58 second hand in cex and 45 new in Smyth's ? Who pays these prices in cex cash? I guess it's only for those trading cex vouchers ?

Yeah i assumed they make those sales from people trading in games to get those values, but theres also people who are totally oblivious and are easily wrangled into a sale.

I was in gamestop the other day, amusing myself at the prices. And the guy behind the counter was chatting to another customer. He was talking complete nonsense to the customer, talked him into preordering Cyberpunk 2077, told him the game is coming out in April, which is complete waffle, its prob not gonna be out until the end of the year at earliest. I dont even think we will see it this year.

So he talks him into buying Cyberpunk by blatantly lying to him, and then also lines him up to pay extra for the BS gamestop addons, customer even decides to pay it all up front :confused:

So hes kicking up nearly 100 squid for a game that has no release date, ****ing insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

nix wrote: »
    Yeah i assumed they make those sales from people trading in games to get those values, but theres also people who are totally oblivious and are easily wrangled into a sale.

I was in gamestop the other day, amusing myself at the prices. And the guy behind the counter was chatting to another customer. He was talking complete nonsense to the customer, talked him into preordering Cyberpunk 2077, told him the game is coming out in April, which is complete waffle, its prob not gonna be out until the end of the year at earliest. I dont even think we will see it this year.

So he talks him into buying Cyberpunk by blatantly lying to him, and then also lines him up to pay extra for the BS gamestop addons, customer even decides to pay it all up front :confused:

So hes kicking up nearly 100 squid for a game that has no release date, ****ing insane.

Never ceases to amaze me how the likes of Gamestop are still in business. €64.99 for a second hand copy of BoTW and €69.99 new. But there's obviously a decent amount of people who are willing to pay those prices and not shop around which is equally baffling

• Advertisement

I did get a very good condition cheap Wii games delivered by cex recently. cex app much simpler than traipsing into shops.

They wouldn't take my Mario kart 8 for wiiu as it had a little scratch on it. Must see if GameStop will take it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement