Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yoshi platformer titles have never really disappointed, same with Kirby platform games.
    Wouldn't buy them for the challenges they present, but they are a feast for the eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

*whistles Yoshi's Wooly World theme song*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I bought a Wii U only for Yoshi, best Nintendo 1st party imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I bet you drove around to loads of Argos yesterday and bought loads of bundles and now your going to trade in the games and controllers and make a fortune :pac:

No wonder you didn't let us know sooner... You were afraid we'd get some before you :pac:

I actually drove around and bought a load of Smash bundles with the controller and adapter and sold them all for retail as I hated seen those cocks asking for €160 on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Axiom Verge multiverse edition for Switch is only £14 delivered from Game Collection.
    Copy of Axiom Verge on cartridge.
    Deluxe booklet with developer’s commentary and art.
    Double-sided poster with the world map and weapons/items in the game.
    Exclusive making-of documentary.
    Soundtrack CD (Available only on the Nintendo Switch).

https://www.thegamecollection.net/axiom-verge-multiverse-edition-switch/

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,627 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I bought a Wii U only for Yoshi, best Nintendo 1st party imo.

Savage game. Definitely one of the very best on Wii U.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yoshi platformer titles have never really disappointed, same with Kirby platform games.
    Wouldn't buy them for the challenges they present, but they are a feast for the eyes.

I tend to agree, though beating the S levels, you know the unlockable bonus level at the end of each world, I think they're called in YWW are challenging, as are collecting all the collectibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.thegamecollection.net/sushi-striker-the-way-of-sushido-switch/?sqr=Sushi&

Sushi Striker is £10.95 from Simply Games. It's surely worth a punt at that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Please don't shoot the messenger/asker....
    I was reading on another forum, and a poster said something along the lines of
    'Don't buy the switch, not worth sh*t at the minute unless you want a hand held console. All it's games are Wii U games. Buy a Wii U, bmuch better, and cheaper. After two years, there are no Switch titles worth mentioning.'

That's not an exact quote, but close. I saw it last nght, was too tired to post then, and now I can't find it.
    It was written a few months ago (before pokemon) because the next poster disagreed but could only cite mario odyssey and the forthcoming pokemon.,

Is that true? Would a Wii U be better/cheaper option? Same games?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Suckit wrote: »
    'Don't buy the switch, not worth sh*t at the minute unless you want a hand held console. All it's games are Wii U games. Buy a Wii U, bmuch better, and cheaper. After two years, there are no Switch titles worth mentioning.'

That's not an exact quote, but close. I saw it last nght, was too tired to post then, and now I can't find it.
    It was written a few months ago (before pokemon) because the next poster disagreed but could only cite mario odyssey and the forthcoming pokemon.,

Even if all of that were true, and I don't think it is, IMO the switch is worth it for the handheld functionality alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Load of tosh that post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That opinion drives me nuts.

The Switch is much more than a first-party system. I've played (and enjoyed - sorry!) €10/€15/€20 digital games FAR MORE than the likes of Zelda and Mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Would a Wii U be better/cheaper option?

I'm sure you'll find someone in here to agree to that ;)

There's loads of great games on the Switch. Three of my favorites not available on any other console so far are Smash, Octopath Traveller and Odyssey.

Then BOTW, Hollow Knight, Bayonetta, Crash Bandicoot, Mario Kart, FIFA, GRIS and a few others are all really worth playing but available on other platforms.

I still want to pick up Dark Souls, Celeste, Dead Cells and Diablo.

If I had to sell all my gaming stuff in the morning I'd find it the hardest to sell the Switch, I'd definitely want to keep it. It's just so handy for me and is really easy to get a bit of gaming in anywhere with it.

I wobbled for a bit.... But Switch back on track :D

Thanks..
    I saw octopath traveller appearing a few times, must look it up on youtube.
    I think it was €27 on South Africa eshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I won't lie, this was a problem I had from the outside looking in for over a year. Did wonder why would I buy a 350 device to play ported games from a failed console.

I skipped the Wii U after having the Wii and really not being into it at all. Wii U generally was a flop, but now that I'm IN with ownership of a switch, I can see some value in getting some U ports. Like straight of the bat I bought Mario Kart, which is immense.

I see grief for Super Mario Bros, but considering I didn't have it, I'll happily get it on Switch.

I've barely scratched the surface on this console, only own it two weeks, but already I'm pretty happy with the investment, and I havn't got Zelda yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://www.thegamecollection.net/sushi-striker-the-way-of-sushido-switch/?sqr=Sushi&

Sushi Striker is £10.95 from Simply Games. It's surely worth a punt at that?

I've been playing it on the 3DS and it's a real deceiving game in how addictive it can be, I briefly played it elsewhere on Switch and I would say that the 3DS touchscreen is a little bit better for the type of game it is. That's still a great price for it though! It seemed it died a death marketing wise but it's a really good puzzler.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One should be careful to consider it was a failed console but it had nothing to do with the games that appeared on the format, which were of a consistently high standard, except for Tennis, and Starfox, the rest were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

what forum was it?

Do you have a link love reading Nintendo forums

Ah theres always one user in those forums that is bitter over the timespan of the wii u and feels butthurt towards Nintendo re the switch

Believe me the console and ganes are amazing

Dont mind the one or two deluded mental cases slating the console

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

what forum was it?

Ah theres always one user in those forums that is bitter over the timespan of the wii u and feels butthurt towards Nintendo re the switch

Believe me the console and ganes are amazing

Dont mind the one or two deluded mental cases slating the console

Spouting the same auld ****e those users too. Singing from the same hymn sheet.

what forum was it?

I haven't looked for it much today, It was either Reddit or a Nintendo forum, I was just browsing through the site and kept clicking links. I will see if I can find it, but it was posted a while back IT may even have been HUKD.. I am not sure at all now. I was reading originally a deal thread for the switch.
    Edited
    I can't find it at all. If I was to bet, I would say it was in reddit comments, but have a headache scrolling through everything.
    I knew the Wii U didn't do as well as nintendo hoped, but I didn't know that all (or a lot) of the games were the same until I read those comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Lads can we just not, like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

The Wii u was a fantastic games machine and all, but the switch is better value, with the new games it's going to get after 2016.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate is available on amazon Italy for €44.99 or €50.38 delivered to Ireland. Seems cheaper than anywhere else I have seen it.
    Or €95.77 for two which works out €47.88 each if you know another person looking for it.
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07BZV8R5R/

Super Bomberman R is on Base.com for €22.79 - €24.83 delivered
    https://www.base.com/buy/product/super-bomberman-r-nintendo-switch/dgc-sbombmrns.htm
    Bought it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

https://www.base.com/buy/product/super-bomberman-r-nintendo-switch/dgc-sbombmrns.htm

It's only €19.99 in GameStop and €23.99 in Argos if you can cancel that Base order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Super Smash Bros Ultimate is available on amazon Italy for €44.99 or €50.38 delivered to Ireland. Seems cheaper than anywhere else I have seen it.
    Or €95.77 for two which works out €47.88 each if you know another person looking for it.
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07BZV8R5R/

I have never played this but it's just so universally acclaimed and I'm in a switch drought that I just purchased it now
    This forum is like crack cocaine. :)

(Edit)
    Cancelled order, I don't like fighting games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I'd almost have given you my copy, got it for €15 with Zelda as a day 1 purchase. played all of 2 minutes of it in March '17

Yikes!! :eek:
    Ah, not to worry, I'll try and cancel if not i'll erase those comments from my mind and pretend I am as happy as I was two hours ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

baldshin wrote: »
    It's only €19.99 in GameStop and €23.99 in Argos if you can cancel that Base order!

Brilliant shout. Loved bomberman.

Reserved a copy and will pick this up on the way home. Cheers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I still have my copy of Bomberman in plastic and I got it day one for my switch....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

I still have my copy of Bomberman in plastic and I got it day one for my switch....

Diabolical as a single player game but its great fun with two or more players.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement