Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Or new in Smyth's + game for 159
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-3ds-2ds-ds/3ds-and-2ds-consoles/new-nintendo-2ds-xl-console-black-and-lime-mario-kart-pack/p/168137

Wish there was some kind of switch hardware adapter to allow ds games on switch portable and TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

conormario wrote: »
    Or new in Smyth's + game for 159
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-3ds-2ds-ds/3ds-and-2ds-consoles/new-nintendo-2ds-xl-console-black-and-lime-mario-kart-pack/p/168137

Wish there was some kind of switch hardware adapter to allow ds games on switch portable and TV

That's a 2ds,the cex listing there is a 3ds.

That's a 2ds,the cex listing there is a 3ds.

Oh yeah , sorry , 2ds XL still fine if you don't need 3d

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Probably not of interest to many here
    Puzzle Bobble Galaxy for the DS

http://www.adverts.ie/13317885

Great game and has a nice feature, preserved from the Japanese version, it works with the Japanese only paddle controller for the DS, which fits into the GBA cart port on the bottom of both the Phat and Lite DS handhelds.

The game goes from very good to fantastic with the analogue rotary controls.

Oh, I know this because I have both the game and the paddle controller, it's brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo will be holding a "Play Together" sale starting tomorrow.
    nintendo_eshop_play_together_sale_logo.jpg?w=1280&ssl=1
    With its unique Joy-Con controllers and adaptability as a home console that can be taken on the go, Nintendo Switch is perfect for bringing people together to share the joy of gaming. From Thursday 7th February at 14:00 GMT to Thursday 21st February at 23:59 GMT, the ‘Play Together’ sale comes to Nintendo eShop in Europe, offering discounts on more than 50 Nintendo Switch titles that feature multiplayer functionality. Make sure to keep an eye on your Switch News feed and visit Nintendo eShop once the sale goes live on Thursday to see what discounts are on offer.

Players who like to work together can join the Kong family for some co-op platforming fun in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, or help Captain Toad navigate a series of puzzling diorama-like levels in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, both available during the sale at up to 33% off their regular Nintendo eShop prices. Families and friends can enjoy an action-packed holiday experience together at home or on the go in GO VACATION – available for 30% less than its regular eShop price. And there’s fierce competition to be had in Puyo Puyo Tetris, available at a 40% discount.

Other highlights include Guacamelee! 2, Diablo III: Eternal Collection, EA SPORTS FIFA 19, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. All of these titles will be featured in the sale, with discounts of as much as 50% off their regular eShop prices.

The Play Together sale will also feature a plethora of indie titles, including archery combat party game TowerFall, which supports battles of up to 6 players, ingenious co-op puzzle game Death Squared, rhythm-based dungeon crawler Crypt of the NecroDancer: Nintendo Switch Edition and hardcore platformer Super Meat Boy.

Round up some friends and check out the discounts on offer on a bunch of multiplayer-friendly games for Nintendo Switch in the Nintendo eShop Play Together sale, from Thursday 7th February at 14:00 GMT until Thursday 21st February at 23:59 GMT. Visit Nintendo eShop once the sale goes live to see what discounts are on offer, and be on the look out for further information via Switch News.

Highlights

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo) - €39.99/£33.49 (normally €59.99/£49.99)
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo) - €27.99/£24.29 (normally €39.99/£34.99)
    Go Vacation (Nintendo) - €34.99/£27.99 (normally €49.99/£39.99)
    Puyo Puyo Tetris (Koch Media) - €23.99/£20.99 (normally €39.99/£34.99)
    EA SPORTS FIFA 19 (Electronic Arts) - €29.99/£27.49 (normally €59.99/£54.99)
    Diablo III: Eternal Collection (Blizzard Entertainment) - €39.99/£34.99 (normally €59.99/£49.99)
    Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (Capcom) - €34.99/£31.49 (normally €49.99/£44.99)
    Guacamelee! 2 (DrinkBox Studios) - €13.99/£12.59 (normally €19.99/£17.99)
    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Capcom) - €41.99/£34.99 (normally €59.99/£49.99)
    Super Meat Boy (BlitWorks) - €9.09/£8.39 (normally €12.99/£11.99)
    TowerFall (Matt Makes Games) - €13.99/£12.59 (normally €19.99/£17.99)
    Death Squared (SMG Studio) - €8.75/£8.39 (normally €12.50/£11.99)
    Crypt of the NecroDancer: Nintendo Switch Edition (TranscendSense Technologies) – €3.99/£3.59 (normally €19.99/£17.99)

NOE PR

Full details will be available tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Crypt of the Necrodancer for under 4 quid is an absolute bargain. One of the catchiest soundtracks in recent years...
    With headphones on, you can lose hours to this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,345 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Diablo's a steal for that price to me. If I think about it's probably my favorite game of the last decade and works brilliantly on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Diablo's a steal for that price to me. If I think about it's probably my favorite game of the last decade and works brilliantly on the Switch.

€40 is a steal? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »

If your going to play it a lot then it is. I'm tempted but I've so many games to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Eh, yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I might just buy Captain Toad at that price.
    But I'd really like a physical copy!
    Decisions decisions....

For the best game of the last decade with all DLC included? Absolutely.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I might just buy Captain Toad at that price.
    But I'd really like a physical copy!
    Decisions decisions....

For me, physical for first party Nintendo !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Most of those prices are a bit depressing for a 'sale'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭baldshin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The switch is on sale on amazon France - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057954911

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Nintendo Switch & Lets Go Eevee bundle down to 339e in Argos

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8675633.htm

How good is this deal? I think pretty awesome. I don't really care about handheld gaming these days, but even I'm tempted by this offer.

New Nintendo 2DS XL console plus 3 free games, available on the Nintendo UK online store for £129. The choice of games are decent too.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/offers/new-nintendo-2ds-xl-console-plus-3-free-games.list

That's about €147 when converted, when you consider that Smyths sell the 2DS XL for €160, this is a proper bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

sligeach wrote:
    New Nintendo 2DS XL console plus 3 free games, available on the Nintendo UK online store for £129. The choice of games are decent too.

Someone give me a reason not to buy this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    How good is this deal? I think pretty awesome. I don't really care about handheld gaming these days, but even I'm tempted by this offer.

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/offers/new-nintendo-2ds-xl-console-plus-3-free-games.list

That's about €147 when converted, when you consider that Smyths sell the 2DS XL for €160, this is a proper bargain.

Did someone not post that here the other day? Could of sworn I saw it on Boards :confused:

It was posted on HUKD on the 3rd of February so old news I'm afraid ;)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-2dsxl-3-games-12999-nintendo-store-3175825

Edit: can't see it on this thread anyway so maybe I was imagining it :confused:

Grassey wrote: »
    Someone give me a reason not to buy this!

There is none, it's a great deal.

I already have a New 3DS and New 3DS XL and even I'm tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

There is none, it's a great deal.

I already have a New 3DS and New 3DS XL and even I'm tempted.

Games don't really matter, I'd buy it for the console and rootbreak it and you all set.

I bought the switch :D from France. Expect it to drop in price everywhere now.

What is the normal price for RiME? It looks like a lovely game.
    When I check pricespy, it is showing as €22.81 from Amazon but lowest price there is £25.44 with free delivery.
    It's on netgames.de for €19.95 with free delivery, but I think the box may be in German, I'm not sure. That wouldn't really bother me, but if I could get it in English I would prefer it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Really tempted by the Switch in France.

Are there any downsides from ordering from Amazon.fr?

wong wrote: »
    Really tempted by the Switch in France.

Are there any downsides from ordering from Amazon.fr?

If you order directly and don't use something like Parcel Wizard then no. Not that I can see.

Even if you do, I think Nintendo probably have EU warranty anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Suckit wrote: »
    What is the normal price for RiME? It looks like a lovely game.
    When I check pricespy, it is showing as €22.81 from Amazon but lowest price there is £25.44 with free delivery.
    It's on netgames.de for €19.95 with free delivery, but I think the box may be in German, I'm not sure. That wouldn't really bother me, but if I could get it in English I would prefer it.

I'd have a look at some reviews of RiME before handing over your money. There were technical problems with it on the Switch which I think they might have fixed by now? But the game itself isn't that great - I gave the Xbox version a few hours and found it quite boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭baldshin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'd have a look at some reviews of RiME before handing over your money. There were technical problems with it on the Switch which I think they might have fixed by now? But the game itself isn't that great - I gave the Xbox version a few hours and found it quite boring.

It's been patched and runs way better now, only a very odd but of stutter. Played through the whole thing on Switch and really enjoyed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

sligeach wrote: »
    Nicalis have been having a sale in the US on the Switch eShop for the past few days. Thankfully and for once as far as I can remember, they've extended it and are having a sale in Europe.

Blade Strangers – $14.99 (was $39.99)
    Cave Story+ – $14.99 (was $29.99)
    Ikaruga – $9.99 (was $14.99)
    Ittle Dew 2+ – $9.99 (was $29.99)
    Save me Mr Tako: Tasukete Tako-San – $4.99 (was $14.99)
    The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ – $19.99 (was $39.99)
    The End is Nigh – $4.99 (was $14.99)
    Tiny Barbarian DX – $9.99 (was $29.99)
    VVVVVV – $4.99 (was $9.99)

Just swap € in for $. There's some good reductions there.

I think the sale on these games ends tomorrow. Anyone played these and got some just-have recommendations? I have Binding of Isaac, and I think I’ve played VVVVVV (not on switch, maybe mobile or 3ds - worth it for Switch?).

• Advertisement

I think the sale on these games ends tomorrow. Anyone played these and got some just-have recommendations? I have Binding of Isaac, and I think I’ve played VVVVVV (not on switch, maybe mobile or 3ds - worth it for Switch?).

Cave Story+ and Ikaruga are really good games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement