Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

EnterNow wrote: »
    I think in reality its about 2GB, not the full 5GB that was originally being claimed. If you have a Wii LAN Adapter the update will go quicker for you & it won't fail
    Bugger - don't have a LAN adapter - I got a cheap one on eBay and it never worked and I never bothered with a new one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Bugger - don't have a LAN adapter - I got a cheap one on eBay and it never worked and I never bothered with a new one :(

Well its not essential, you can do it wirelessly obviously too, I just found the connection speed & consistency was utterly appalling, the update kept failing & failing after long waits. I switched to the LAN Adapter & it worked first time, & downloaded much quicker too.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well its not essential, you can do it wirelessly obviously too, I just found the connection speed & consistency was utterly appalling, the update kept failing & failing after long waits. I switched to the LAN Adapter & it worked first time, & downloaded much quicker too.
    Yep - I hear ya - I'm not a big fan of wireless at all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I ordered the £265 bundle from Asda last Thursday afternoon. Got the text this morning to say it's in the Parcel Motel here, ready to be collected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In terms of the "The day 1 update bricked my WiiU!" hysteria, you only really need to worry if the update is being applied and you disconnect your WiiU from the mains. The download caches first, then installs. If you interrupt the caching process it's not supposed to cause any problems.

Support were a bit fuzzy on this, stating "The only issue I am aware of is when doing the initial update if the console is turned off at the wall, it can render the console inoperable....the only way if it froze would be to turn the power of at the console not the wall!"

My download took 'king ages orginally and failed out numerous times but it picked up where it left off every time. If you're interrupting the download and need to unplug the console, and you're worried you'll kill your WiiU, turn your router off first, let the download time out and power down your WiiU normally then unplug the WiiU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

How big is it ? I've 3MB Broadband so I'm thinking it could take a few hours.....
    I've the same crappy Eircom line and mine took just over an hour for the system update.

Dagnam it! Asda are sending the game separately. So it was just the console waiting for me. Won't get Mario until, looks like, tomorrow. Could be worse. Could have been the other way around, having Mario but nothing to play it on. :) Just means paying for another stay in PM.

^^ Ouch!

The Hut have Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Rabbids and Epic Mickey 2 (that title gets me every time...) for £19.98 and as ever Darksiders II is going cheap. But not as cheap as last time, at £17.98

http://www.thehut.com/offers/price-crash.list?searchFilters=TmludGVuZG8gV2lpLVUjcGxhdGZvcm1fY29udGVudDpOaW50ZW5kb1wgV2lpXC1VIVJlc3RyaWN0ZWQgQ29udGVudCBGaWx0ZXIjcmVzdHJpY3RlZDpmYWxzZSE%3D

Do places like Zavvi and all that say they deliver to Ireland but don't deliver consoles have any trouble delivering games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do places like Zavvi and all that say they deliver to Ireland but don't deliver consoles have any trouble delivering games?

I'm pretty sure Zavvi deliver them no trouble anyway; I got Resi Revelations off them last year with the circle pad pro and I had no issues. They can sometimes be a bit slow though from what I've read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I ordered Darksiders II from them on March 1st, got it yesterday.
    So as Deano said, no problems, but they're not the fastest!

Hurray. My wii u was waiting for me when I got home from work. It's currently doing the system update...

Fifa has dropped below £30 on amazon. Currently sits at £27.99, should be super saver eligible
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00A76KA34/ref=ox_sc_sfl_image_3?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    .. Though I haven't checked too many other sites. £40 on Zavvi. €50ish on the Hut. £39 on Game. £27 on Shopto but delivery maybe be more...

Edit: eshop sale is live. Punch out is up, little inferno is cheap till 24/3. The Ubisoft titles are half off their ludicrous regular prices, making some of them almost competitive with retail!

Also, Monster hunter says it's out now but it isn't :)

another edit - little inferno is great fun. Like a game of Pairs for pyromaniacs. Not sure it'll last long enough to hit the euro-per-hour-played even at the discounted price (im on the 3rd catalog after only about 20 minutes and Im not rushing it) but very charming. Supports off-play.

Saw this on HUKD
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wii-u-new-super-mario-bros-u-26-98-using-code-rec10-hut-1507476

thehut.com have mario U at £29.98, but with a code it's £26.98

Not a Bargain most people can take advantage of but I see on HUKD as well this crazy HMV deal in the UK
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wii-u-premium-pack-32gb-plus-zombieu-store-hmv-199-99-1507566

£200 for Premium bundle with Nintendoland then ZombiU included as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Got Punch Out there today for 30 cent. Cheers Nintendo :)

Anybody using a proxy for LoveFilm on the Wii U ?

If so, I got a promotional code for LoveFilm for 3 months for £3 from Amazon when I bought mine:
    Congratulations! Because of your recent console purchase from Amazon.co.uk, you are receiving a promotional code which you can redeem for a three month subscription to LOVEFiLM for only £3. Get unlimited access to thousands of movies and TV series to watch instantly, with many in HD at no extra cost, through your new console. Plus you also get DVD/Blu-ray rental and Game rental included in your package (two discs at a time).

First to PM me gets the code (I'm not going to use it)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wagon Watching

Anybody using a proxy for LoveFilm on the Wii U ?

If so, I got a promotional code for LoveFilm for 3 months for £3 from Amazon when I bought mine:

First to PM me gets the code (I'm not going to use it)!

Thanks very much for that. Very kind.

Thanks very much for that. Very kind.
    Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

They deliver consoles too.
    The odd time (a lot lately) I don't get my game at all.
    But their customer service is quite friendly, after you wait the 28 days you just say "hey my game never came" and they'll email you a form, you just sign it saying the game never made it here and you've asked your post office/family/neighbours if they got it and they'll resend it.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    They deliver consoles too.
    The odd time (a lot lately) I don't get my game at all.
    But their customer service is quite friendly, after you wait the 28 days you just say "hey my game never came" and they'll email you a form, you just sign it saying the game never made it here and you've asked your post office/family/neighbours if they got it and they'll resend it.

They wouldn't deliver the console I ordered, saying they didn't deliver them outside the UK.

Darksiders II is currently €18.75 (free postage) on the hut : Clicky

They wouldn't deliver the console I ordered, saying they didn't deliver them outside the UK.

Did someone at support email you or something or are you just reading the line from their website?
    Granted last console I got from there was the 3ds, but the pages always say they don't ship consoles, but they have.

Support told me that twice, and that they don't deliver to forwarding services like parcel Motel, the same day my delivery to parcel Motel arrived. The security system that stops the order is outside of their control apparently. Not sure how they process orders but they confirmed "some of them slip through"

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Did someone at support email you or something or are you just reading the line from their website?
    Granted last console I got from there was the 3ds, but the pages always say they don't ship consoles, but they have.

Yep. Just emailed saying they were cancelling the order because they can't deliver outside the UK.

Darksiders II is currently €18.75 (free postage) on the hut : Clicky

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/darksiders-2-wii-u/10481347.html
    16.25 at their sister site.
    If I hadn't spent $6 on the humble bundle last week I'd have got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Not a Wii U one, but people might be interested: 3DS XL (Red, Blue, Silver) going for E150 on Amazon.it (Italy). Shipping to Ireland E8. Works out about E162 or so with tax. They're on backorder until April, must be proving a popular deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Someone tell me I'm not going mad, but I was in Gamestop in the Parkway Limerick at lunchtime, and they have a poster up advertising a Wii U Premium bundle (w/Nintendoland) for €209.99. I wish I'd taken a picture of it for proof, but that sounds like a crazy price. Can anyone confirm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mr E wrote: »
    Someone tell me I'm not going mad, but I was in Gamestop in the Parkway Limerick at lunchtime, and they have a poster up advertising a Wii U Premium bundle (w/Nintendoland) for €209.99. I wish I'd taken a picture of it for proof, but that sounds like a crazy price. Can anyone confirm?

There is a catch, you need to trade in a PS3, Super Slim 500gb if I remember rightly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement