Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Told a friend to look out for Xenoblade in stock in Argos and he managed to get a Dundalk reservation code, but unfortunately no good to me. So if anyone wants it, they can PM me. It's good until close of business Wednesday.

Also if anyone had a reservation code for one anywhere near Cork, I'd gladly swap it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Corholio wrote: »
    Told a friend to look out for Xenoblade in stock in Argos and he managed to get a Dundalk reservation code, but unfortunately no good to me. So if anyone wants it, they can PM me. It's good until close of business Wednesday.

Also if anyone had a reservation code for one anywhere near Cork, I'd gladly swap it too.

I have one for Portlaoise... If you want it. I thought I needed it, but don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ah knackers... there was one freed up in Cork yesterday afternoon but I ignored it. How close is close? I mean, for the Proclaimers the 200 mile round trip to Carlow from Cork would seem like a drop in the ocean compared to what they're used to...

Banjo wrote: »
    Ah knackers... there was one freed up in Cork yesterday afternoon but I ignored it. How close is close? I mean, for the Proclaimers the 200 mile round trip to Carlow from Cork would seem like a drop in the ocean compared to what they're used to...

Ah really? I've been watching Cork to see it go that much wanted 'green' on the stock checker. Well I wouldn't go 500 miles, but I'd fall down at the door of Tralee, Killarney or Waterford. Any Dublin city centre one would actually be viable as well. Appreciate the looking out though!

Allyall wrote: »
    I have one for Portlaoise... If you want it. I thought I needed it, but don't.

I appreciate it! Unfortunately I'm unlikely to be able to get up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Very productive day today. Take a trip downtown and come back with Brawl and Xenoblade for less than €24. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Very productive day today. Take a trip downtown and come back with Brawl and Xenoblade for less than €24. :)

Great bargains there, did they honour a reservation at the previous price on Xenoblade or something, that it was that cheap?

Yeah I played dumb when they gave me the increased price and just said it was 18.99 when reserved it. So she looked up when I reserved it and when the price went up. Reserved on the 13th, price up on the 14th. She said it was the advantage of reserving so they must honour all reserved prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah I played dumb when they gave me the increased price and just said it was 18.99 when reserved it. So she looked up when I reserved it and when the price went up. Reserved on the 13th, price up on the 14th. She said it was the advantage of reserving so they must honour all reserved prices.

That's good to know, will be bearing that in mind in future with them. :D

Or maybe it was my charm...

... nah that would've caused the price to double at least

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not sure if anybody has seen this, but Bit Trip Runner 2 is on the Wii U eshop for €3.99 at the moment reduced from €15 I think.

Downloaded it last night, really fun game to get into and well worth the 4 euro.

I have the Bit.Trip.Collection for the 3DS and it's fantastic, well worth investing in too.
    I must pick up the Wii game and the sequel too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

£5 off £30 spend at amazon

works on preorders too! mario kart for £35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Xenoblade back in athlone and Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone else still waiting to here from Argos on a Xenoblade reservation, have a reservation that was due in on Tuesday to be collected by closing time today but there is no sign of it am beginning to think they haven't got it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Anyone else still waiting to here from Argos on a Xenoblade reservation, have a reservation that was due in on Tuesday to be collected by closing time today but there is no sign of it am beginning to think they haven't got it in.

I'd be very skeptical if they're planning to order any more in at all. My guess would be they found a load of misplaced or backlogged Wii Stock and have them in at clearance prices so they can move on with current Gen stock.

Anyway, your best bet is to keep an eye on this page and see if stock turns up in an area you can get to.
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1984998

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I saw they upped the price to €29.99 in argos yesterday, all sold out, they will get more in no doubt but they sell out so fast... Easy money for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I'd be very skeptical if they're planning to order any more in at all. My guess would be they found a load of misplaced or backlogged Wii Stock and have them in at clearance prices so they can move on with current Gen stock.

Anyway, your best bet is to keep an eye on this page and see if stock turns up in an area you can get to.
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1984998

The store has extended my reservation and told me to call back tomorrow to see if it has come in, the lady said don't hold my breath, now to go to the person I gave my first copy to for €18.99 and steal it back from them, I knew getting another one would be difficult but I didn't think it would be impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

The store has extended my reservation and told me to call back tomorrow to see if it has come in, the lady said don't hold my breath, now to go to the person I gave my first copy to for €18.99 and steal it back from them, I knew getting another one would be difficult but I didn't think it would be impossible.

Some people on HUKD say that they told that Argos might have more stock in on the 21st of April but seem fairly sceptical about them getting any in. Don't know if the same would apply here if they do get them in in the UK. Hopefully you get your copy though.

Dundalk have one in stock right now if it's any good to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Corholio wrote: »
    Dundalk have one in stock right now if it's any good to you.

And_its_gone_original.jpg

(Note, I didn't take it, just used the stock checker site and everywere is red again.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picked one up in Castlebar today, said none in stock on the website but when I checked in store they had one left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

ZombiiU in Zavvi - €9.85 delivered. But also if it's your first purchase/new customer 5% off with code ZV4178495

May be cheaper again, to purchase in Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Had a win on a footie bet at the weekend....buy all the games!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

For Rayman Legends in particular, that's a great price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Yoink, I'll take it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Not much of a difference but I got Rayman Legends on amazon two days ago for £13.31 new. Price seems to go up and down a lot on amazon.

I got Puppeteer along with it for £11.99 new as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rayman was only 20 in GameStop at the weekend when I was in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

chrislad wrote: »
    Rayman was only 20 in GameStop at the weekend when I was in there.

New?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    New?

Yup.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement