Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

ShaneU wrote: »
    Valkyria Chronicles half price on eshop

Of course it is . I bought it last week. :)

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Why are Nintendo games so expensive? I'm looking for Overcooked 2, it's a tenner on PS4 and X1 but €30 on Switch! Anyone seen it cheaper?

Nintendo are notorious for riding gamers' wallets whenever they have a successful console on their hands.

Always the most expensive games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Argos have the let's go eevee switch bundle for €338.99 sparse stock about in Dublin area some outside Dublin though. I'm waiting on money to transfer to my account should be in by Monday so I'm getting one myself Then.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8675633/Trail/searchtext%3EEEVEE.htm

Is this your first switch ?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Why are Nintendo games so expensive? I'm looking for Overcooked 2, it's a tenner on PS4 and X1 but €30 on Switch! Anyone seen it cheaper?

For Nintendo games you need to shop around and keep an eye on here to save money. Digital is usually too expensive for first party Nintendo. Get physical. Be patient. There is often 3 for 2 on Amazon Germany, tenner off, etc. Failing that, wait a few years and the switch selects will be out for 20 quid. :) but super smash will stay full price , Mario kart too. :)
    I'm thinking it's cheaper to stay a generation behind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

conormario wrote: »
    Is this your first switch ?

No I had one at launch but due to medical issues and money gone bye bye I sold it after a couple of months can't wait to get another

• Advertisement

No I had one at launch but due to medical issues and money gone bye bye I sold it after a couple of months can't wait to get another

Ok. Enjoy!
    That bundle is much cheaper than Smyths ... who have it at 380.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I gotta say I'm loving these cheap or lesser known studios games on the eshop. Or whatever they are.

Pirates is the only purchase I 'regret' and that was 99cents.

Membrane is enjoyable too for the price. Some puzzles may get tiresome, but I'm enjoying it.
    Old Man's Journey is on sale at €4.99 and so far it is a great price

Hopefully it's not too short, but even then it feels like it is well worth it :D.
    I could spend all day just browsing them and deciding which to buy next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Kirby arrived today, Spanish packaging as expected. Surprisingly it shipped from a UK fulfillment centre though so despite shipping on Saturday has arrived before the copies of Smash Bros.

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee is on Amazon Italy for €29.99 + shipping = €35.31
    €32.55 to PW/PM/AP/PC - So not much diference.
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listing/B07DDYJR23

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Suckit wrote: »
    Pokemon Let's Go Eevee is on Amazon Italy for €29.99 + shipping = €35.31
    €32.55 to PW/PM/AP/PC - So not much diference.
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listing/B07DDYJR23

Its reserved for Amazon Prime customers it seems.

EDIT: can use 30 day free trial, tempting.
    EDIT2: I need an Italian billing address...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy is 35% off on Eshop at the moment. Down to 25.99, or 22ish from Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trials Rising Gold Edition (with Season Pass) is €32.99 in Argos.
    (It's €39.99 digitally)

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=TRIALS+RISING

Mr E wrote: »
    Trials Rising Gold Edition (with Season Pass) is €32.99 in Argos.
    (It's €39.99 digitally)

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=TRIALS+RISING

And supposedly has some serious frame rate issues on Switch. While I love Trials and would be great to have a full game on the go I'd give this a miss for now.

Its reserved for Amazon Prime customers it seems.

EDIT: can use 30 day free trial, tempting.
    EDIT2: I need an Italian billing address...

Ah, crap, it wasn't prime originally. Get an Italian address here - https://www.fakeaddressgenerator.com/World/Italy_address_generator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

And supposedly has some serious frame rate issues on Switch. While I love Trials and would be great to have a full game on the go I'd give this a miss for now.

Ive had the beta a week now and unable to play, loading stays at 82% and then says ive no internet... Ill be giving it a miss also

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Ive had the beta a week now and unable to play, loading stays at 82% and then says ive no internet... Ill be giving it a miss also

It was working for the first while, then it went to that 82% the day before launch. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it and noticed the beta was gone and a placement for "This game will launch on 26th of February" or something along those lines. But it did work up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah it was a beta - limited time but loads of content. Think it was working up till Monday maybe? I played it at lunchtime on Monday but the game was logged in and on standby from the night before.

I wouldn't judge the game based on that any more than you should dismiss Arms or Splatoon or Mario Tennis because their network load test demos aren't available any more.

Can't say I noticed any performance issues (docked or handheld) on the 5 tracks I played other than my own! But I have no basis for comparison. Great fun though and maddeningly addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Little Nightmares is down to €20 in Smyth's for Switch, tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Sale on the eshop for ubisoft games too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Sale on the eshop for ubisoft games too.

Is it a sale or "sale"

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Seems to be 30-50% off most things. Not bad.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/nintendo_download_28th_february_europe

(Scroll down under the new releases).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Mr E wrote: »
    Seems to be 30-50% off most things. Not bad.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/nintendo_download_28th_february_europe

(Scroll down under the new releases).

Just checked, they're still dearer than physical copies and miles more than the X1/PS4 sale on atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think I'm just going to bite the bullet on Mario Rabbids Gold. I really want the play the DLC, the gold edition is always 60, and I have about a tenner in points, so it works out at 24 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/crashtm-team-racing-nitro-fueled-nintendo-switch-2255-ps4-xbox-2658-delivered-amazon-france-3189960

Crash Team Racing is €33 on Amazon.fr. There seems to be a two codes to get the price down to around €25. I didn't see the €5 off but got the €9 off at checkout.

Edit: the €5 voucher is for PS4/Xbox. €9 is for Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just coming on to post this! works out at c. €28 delivered...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Got Doom pinball table half price (€5.49) on switch so cheers for the heads up.

Includes a couple other tables too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

chrislad wrote: »
    I think I'm just going to bite the bullet on Mario Rabbids Gold. I really want the play the DLC, the gold edition is always 60, and I have about a tenner in points, so it works out at 24 or so.

Picked it up last night from USA store. Gold version for €26 which seems cheap. Cheaper than SA but I'm not sure if Russia might be a bit cheaper as I haven't checked.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've been tempted by Starlink for a while and am utterly unfussed about either the toys or paying for unlocks of extra stuff outside the base game. I see that the starter pack is still available in various places for £18 or so. Based on that, is the £25 for the Standard edition worth paying? I've read some stuff about how having additional ships lets you avoid having to respawn if you get killed, but OTOH am only really interested in the game as a pseudo Starwing game so unless it significantly confers an ingame advantage I'd probably go for the cheapest option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fysh wrote: »
    I've been tempted by Starlink for a while and am utterly unfussed about either the toys or paying for unlocks of extra stuff outside the base game. I see that the starter pack is still available in various places for £18 or so. Based on that, is the £25 for the Standard edition worth paying? I've read some stuff about how having additional ships lets you avoid having to respawn if you get killed, but OTOH am only really interested in the game as a pseudo Starwing game so unless it significantly confers an ingame advantage I'd probably go for the cheapest option.

I just picked up a cheap physical copy and played that. You don't need a load of plastic tat, the game can be completed with the base pack.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement