Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just picked up a cheap physical copy and played that. You don't need a load of plastic tat, the game can be completed with the base pack.

I suspected as much, thanks :) I'll save the difference and put it towards buying Ape Out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

amadablam wrote: »
    Picked it up last night from USA store. Gold version for €26 which seems cheap. Cheaper than SA but I'm not sure if Russia might be a bit cheaper as I haven't checked.

I picked it up from Russia last night too. Similar price to US. Slightly more expensive but didn't have to go the gift card route.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

chrislad wrote: »
    I picked it up from Russia last night too. Similar price to US. Slightly more expensive but didn't have to go the gift card route.
    According to this it's €14.68 in Russia
    https://eshop-prices.com/games/383-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle?currency=EUR

Edit. I just realised that's not the gold version

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just picked up a cheap physical copy and played that. You don't need a load of plastic tat, the game can be completed with the base pack.

The ships are really pretty though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The Digital version comes with more ships and pilots and weapons and also what-nots than the real one. The gold version even more so. Weapons open up different options and blowing-up of chests. Ships are effectively lives, which you will lose a lot of when attacking pirate bases. And pilots.... uh... um.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I find starlinks system annoying, I know toys to life is its main goal, but its the decent space shooter underneath I'm interested in.

Basically if you get the cheap physical version your stuck with the standard ship and 4 weapons. Now tbf the standard ship is Star Fox on switch, but the lack of weapons is annoying. The addon weapons only last 1 week in virtual before you have to attach them again physically.

Imagine playing doom with just the shotgun and rocket launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

imitation wrote: »

Sounds perfect. :D

imitation wrote: »
    I find starlinks system annoying, I know toys to life is its main goal, but its the decent space shooter underneath I'm interested in.

Basically if you get the cheap physical version your stuck with the standard ship and 4 weapons. Now tbf the standard ship is Star Fox on switch, but the lack of weapons is annoying. The addon weapons only last 1 week in virtual before you have to attach them again physically.

Everything in the physical starter pack is permanently unlocked in Digital, and from a digital perspective you have 2 ships, 3 weapons and 3 pilots (I think StarWolf is in there!) plus the Arwing has lazers if you don't equip a weapon. And it's a fun game underneath. Definitely worth 20 quid, and that's before the new StarFox free DLC drops.

The 1 week unlock only applies to stuff outside the STarter Pack. If the toys to life thing annoys you and you're planning on buying more ships and whatnot it's cheaper to bite the bullet and get the full digital pack now, that's the cost of a Ship pack (1 ship, 1 pilot, 1 weapon) in physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Mr E wrote: »

Was just thinking the same thing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Diablo 3 is down to 38.99 in Argos, I'm very tempted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Fysh wrote: »
    I suspected as much, thanks :) I'll save the difference and put it towards buying Ape Out :D

Ape out looks fun from the trailer, definitely tempted too

Does the screen shake like that every time you kill somebody in ape out?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6-ChUXSMn8

I don't think I'd be a fan of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

We got all the toys but ended up just going with the digital versions so am stuck trying to sell all the physical stuff now and it's not even opened.

Good game just we're to lazy to be swapping toys and wanted it to be portable.

Suckit wrote: »
    Does the screen shake like that every time you kill somebody in ape out?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6-ChUXSMn8

I don't think I'd be a fan of that.

A quick google says yes, but it look like there are different intensities. From Reddit:

User: looks cool, but can you turn off screen shake? that would drive me insane.

Reply: there's a screen shake option and you can turn it all the way off if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Yeah, but imagine not even getting one shot off the BFG !

The weapons you do get in starlink are fine too, if you like variety you might miss it a bit

The ships aren't going to dip in price beyond the current 14 quid but pilots and weapons will be 1 euro by the end of the year. I'll bet a satisfactory Game of Thrones finale on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Minecraft €24.99 in Smyths gonna grab it later first time ever playing it goodbye non functioning social life. Wait a minute...

Merry Switchmas

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Travis-Strikes-Again-Heroes-Nintendo/dp/B07K7MZVPD?tag=22

Travis Strikes Again is £19 on Amazon at the minute.

Charger that can be used for switch on amazon Germany that is €28.88 delivered to Ireland, has trave adaptor heads for it.
    It is on amazon UK and is €42 delivered even with the discount applied.
    Tick the 40% voucher to drop price to €20.99 + €7.89 delivery
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B076Q6Z2RL/

English description - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076Q6Z2RL/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Anyone looking for a Switch/3DS memory upgrade should check out Amazon now:

Kingston SDCS/64 GB MicroSD Canvas Select Class 10 UHS-I (+ SD Adapter) - £8.09

Kingston SDCS/128 GB MicroSD Canvas Select Class 10 UHS-I (+ SD Adapter) - £65.99 £15.09

Kingston SDCS/256 GB MicroSD Canvas Select Class 10 UHS-I (+ SD Adapter) - £161.99 £40.06

edit: obviously i get that RRP prices are bull****, seems like a good deal nonetheless. :P

Any thoughts on this? Looks good for $39.99 (Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Switch). $49.99 including shipping. Just over €44.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/nintendo-switch-bluetooth-audio-adapter

product_25696_product_shots1_image.jpg

It's much nicer than the one I was looking at that fits on the back using a L or U shape USB adapter - I have seen it for around €20 but it's uglier than the one just posted.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JFQ19C6/

Do the blue and red buttons mean that you could have two headsets on that one?

Looks like it.

"Simple dual connection setup lets two headphones connect for multiplayer mode"

I looked at the Ali Express versions and they are ugly AF. :)

Looks like it.

"Simple dual connection setup lets two headphones connect for multiplayer mode"

I looked at the Ali Express versions and they are ugly AF. :)

Yep it does, found it on amazon Germany.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07L9SL7ZT/

7ZNnc32.jpg?1
    I am half thinking it's worth it, given the prices of headsets, and that this would work with any BT earphones x 2.
    But is probably available cheaper after a search (maybe not).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Can you use it while docked?

I went for a simple headphone jack bluetooth transmitter which works fine for my usage

edit: nvm, I see from the amazon.de link that it has a regular usb dongle to plug into the dock itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JYC4XM?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_5a2ee34f_NA&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

SanDisk 128gb 16.99 stg today , not sure if it's better than the cheaper 15 stg Kingston , plus you need to buy 25 stg for free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Has anyone ordered from Coolshop lately? They aren't accepting my Eircode and/or card, could have sworn it used to. I know they didn't technically deliver to Ireland but they used to send things here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Picked up overcooked special edition from SA store for €8. Myself and herself nearly killed each other playing it 😂 some craic

• Advertisement

Is there a way to search on the gamestop site for trade in prices like it's possible on the cex site?
    Are there any other stores that trade in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement