Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The 8Bitdo Arcade Stick is on Rushongame for €34.90 + shipping to Ireland (€9.90) = €44.80 delivered.
    Cheapest that I have seen it other than that is on Amazon France for €52.90[/URL] + shipping.
    https://en.rushongame.com/rush-accessoire/n30-arcade-stick-switch-ios-android-windows-steam-94-41279.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Suckit wrote:
    Is there a way to search on the gamestop site for trade in prices like it's possible on the cex site? Are there any other stores that trade in?

Yeah would love to know this, looking to pick up Zelda breath of the wild for not full price

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Gamestop will not show their trade in prices online. You either need to go in or call the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Gamestop will not show their trade in prices online. You either need to go in or call the store.

And depending on who you get it'll vary in prices.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    And depending on who you get it'll vary in prices.
    :confused:
    The different staff make up prices? Do they somehow get commission, or pocket the difference?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Suckit wrote: »
    :confused:
    The different staff make up prices? Do they somehow get commission, or pocket the difference?

No, the system tells them what to offer, but it can change depending on when the system updates.
    The Point of Sale system does all the thinking for them, it is the staff job to try and get the sap to buy useless insurance or loyalty cards.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No, the system tells them what to offer, but it can change depending on when the system updates.
    The Point of Sale system does all the thinking for them, it is the staff job to try and get the sap to buy useless insurance or loyalty cards.

I actually tested this theory in the Naas/Newbridge Gamestops on the same day and got two different prices. Ended up going to CEX in the end as I got €12 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I actually tested this theory in the Naas/Newbridge Gamestops on the same day and got two different prices. Ended up going to CEX in the end as I got €12 more.

Which one gave the better deal? I work in Naas so that is my Gamestop of choice on the occasion where I buy a physical game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I actually tested this theory in the Naas/Newbridge Gamestops on the same day and got two different prices.

Load of bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 55,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I would have thought so too. They have a trade-in value set on their POS systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Mr E wrote: »
    I would have thought so too. They have a trade-in value set on their POS systems.

Maybe the trade in value on their system changed in between getting from the Naas branch to the Newbridge one?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The different shops could have different rates, depending on their stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Just got this email

"March 10th marks a special day for Super Mario fans, as it’s MAR10 Day! To celebrate, you can receive 2x Gold Points when you purchase select Nintendo Switch titles starring Mario on Nintendo eShop, or via our website*! You can take advantage of this 2x Gold Points promotion until March 10th, 23:59 (local time)."

Just checked the store and most of the Mario games are €60. Not much difference in other regions either. Mario and Rabbids is the cheapest.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Load of bollox

Yep ok, and what would be the point of lying? We all know Gamestop suck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yep ok, and what would be the point of lying? We all know Gamestop suck.

Do we have to go over this again?
    That Gamestop suck is your opinion
    Gamestop, like any other business, can disappoint but they do, nevertheless, have some decent sales and offers.
    If you don't like it don't shop there, but I worked there and know that the trade in values are fixed to what the point of sale system says, and this system is updated all the time, which might account for the differential in price you saw.
    Either way, a few bob between trade in values is hardly a hanging offence.

I am going to try opening another paypal account today, as I would like to get Valkyria Chronicles before it goes back up on wednesday.

South Africa is the cheapest at the minute. Is that just straight forward? Just open a normal paypal account and choose country of residence as South Africa? Then I guess, send myself the money and purchase it?
    A nit weary after Mexico got all my accounts suspended. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I am going to try opening another paypal account today, as I would like to get Valkyria Chronicles before it goes back up on wednesday.

South Africa is the cheapest at the minute. Is that just straight forward? Just open a normal paypal account and choose country of residence as South Africa? Then I guess, send myself the money and purchase it?
    A nit weary after Mexico got all my accounts suspended. :o

Just sign up for revolut. I have an offer from a free card so if you want to pm me your email address, I can send one on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Nintendo Switch [Digital Code] Super Mario Bros U Deluxe​ / Mario Kart 8 / Super Mario Party ​/ Mario Tennis Aces​ £30.72 each @ Amazon US

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-digital-code-super-mario-bros-u-deluxe-mario-kart-8-super-mario-party-mario-tennis-aces-3072-each-amazon-us-3195125

chrislad wrote: »
    Just sign up for revolut. I have an offer from a free card so if you want to pm me your email address, I can send one on.

Thanks, have revolut, but it's oattached to another account. So i'll try to open a South Africa account now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks, have revolut, but it's oattached to another account. So i'll try to open a South Africa account now.

I use the same Revolut card on my Irish, Russian and SA accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Nintendo Switch [Digital Code] Super Mario Bros U Deluxe​ / Mario Kart 8 / Super Mario Party ​/ Mario Tennis Aces​ £30.72 each @ Amazon US

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-digital-code-super-mario-bros-u-deluxe-mario-kart-8-super-mario-party-mario-tennis-aces-3072-each-amazon-us-3195125

Been waiting for a cheap suoer mario bros deal.. So do i just need to log in with my amazon account, use a us address and pop in my revolut card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can attach to multiple accounts. I have it linked my Irish, South African, and Russian accounts.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I use the same Revolut card on my Irish, Russian and SA accounts.
    chrislad wrote: »
    You can attach to multiple accounts. I have it linked my Irish, South African, and Russian accounts.

Woohoo!! :D
    That was a lot less hassle than the Mexican Paypal.. :o

South Africa getting pillaged tonight :)

Thanks Guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Been waiting for a cheap suoer mario bros deal.. So do i just need to log in with my amazon account, use a us address and pop in my revolut card?

Seems so, just picked up Mario Tennis Aces code and was very easy. Haven't downloaded it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Where would be the cheapest place to buy a console bundle at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Seems so, just picked up Mario Tennis Aces code and was very easy. Haven't downloaded it yet though.

Offers are gone it would seem

This game is hellll slow.. Not what I thought it was at all.
    Doff wrote: »
    Where would be the cheapest place to buy a console bundle at the moment?
    I'm looking for my cousin, and I told him last night to wait a little while as it seems to be up everywhere at the minute.
    The cheapest seems to be either Argos or Amazon
    Switch + Rayman £279 (just less than €330 delivered)

Argos are selling Lets Go Eevee bundle for €338.99 - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8675633/Trail/searchtext%3ENINTENDO+SWITCH.htm

Smyths Bundles - https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/console-bundle-deals/nintendo-switch-console-bundle-deals/c/nintendo-switch-console-bundle-deals

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Do we have to go over this again?
    That Gamestop suck is your opinion
    Gamestop, like any other business, can disappoint but they do, nevertheless, have some decent sales and offers.
    If you don't like it don't shop there, but I worked there and know that the trade in values are fixed to what the point of sale system says, and this system is updated all the time, which might account for the differential in price you saw.
    Either way, a few bob between trade in values is hardly a hanging offence.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Travis-Strikes-Again-Heroes-Nintendo/dp/B07K7MZVPD/

Travis Strikes Again £18.99. (£19.46 with Irish VAT)

• Advertisement

A few of the labo kits are €35.99 on amazon Spain + shipping.
    The were prime only, create an account free, but normal now. Not sure how good a deal though.
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07FYYJZ5H/
    Edit. I took so long posting them, they're now Prime again. But easy to setup an account and join prime free for a month. Juist remember to cancel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement