Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Splatoon "Special Demo Version" 7 day trial available in the eshop now until the 25th of March
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Splatoon-2-1173295.html

Free Splatoon 2: Special Demo available!

A free Special Demo of Splatoon 2 is now available until March 25th. You can download it from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo Switch, or via this page – just sign in and press the “Download demo” button to get started!

By playing the Special Demo, you can get 33% off Splatoon 2 until March 31st, and some of the progress you've made in the demo will be carried over to the full game!

Try Nintendo Switch Online for free!

A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to participate, however, by downloading the Special Demo, you’ll receive a 7-day free trial†† download code via email – even if you’ve used your 7-day free trial already! Head on over to the "Redeem code" tab on Nintendo eShop and enter the code to activate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ooooooooh Must give this a go. And Disgaea 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I loved that game so much I lifted my name on boards out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

5 pounds off on Amazon today using the code BIGTHANKS on orders over 25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

chrislad wrote: »
    5 pounds off on Amazon today using the code BIGTHANKS on orders over 25

I preordered Mario maker 2 using this

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Have a code for a 7-Day subscription on Nintendo online that I'm not using if anyone wants it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Looks like you can get 3 months free of Ninty online if you take a trial of Amazon Prime and link your Twitch account to it. Then in 3 months you can extend it 9 months to get a full year, but obviously a year of Twitch Prime would want to be something you'll benefit from. I'm in my forties. Twitch Prime for me is a fiat ritmo that turns into the leader of the autobots.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-months-of-nintendo-switch-online-free-for-twitch-prime-members-3205366

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

3 Months of Nintendo Online for free for those with Twitch Prime. You can get another 9 months on top of that as well.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-months-of-nintendo-switch-online-free-for-twitch-prime-members-3205366

Edit: Banjo beat me by a minute :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah a mate just shared it with me also, snapped it right up, great offer. prime really pays for itself if ya ask me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Not working for me, it won't link Twitch Prime with my Prime account for some reason. Keeps directing me to the US Amazon!

baldshin wrote: »
    Not working for me, it won't link Twitch Prime with my Prime account for some reason. Keeps directing me to the US Amazon!

Just do the twitch/amazon linking through the twitch/amazon sites, then go back to the promo landing page and should be grand.

I had my twitch and amazon linked well before this promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

nix wrote:
    Just do the twitch/amazon linking through the twitch/amazon sites, then go back to the promo landing page and should be grand.

When I go to link it goes to my non prime us account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

sweetie wrote: »
    When I go to link it goes to my non prime us account.

Same as.

Best bet is to hop onto amazon support and explain the issue, i usually jump on the live chats, they are painless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

nix wrote:
    Best bet is to hop onto amazon support and explain the issue, i usually jump on the live chats, they are painless.

Will do yeah but also sooooo slooooooow!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Just ordered Disgaea 1 on the switch for 31e delivered on amazon cheaper if with prime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G235YVG?tag=22

sweetie wrote: »
    Will do yeah but also sooooo slooooooow!

Yeah i think depending on the rarity of the issue, im sure more than just you guys are suffering from this, so they shouldnt take too long sorting it. I always just do it when watching a show or twitch or whatever, grand then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

The World Ends With You is down to £22.99 on Amazon at the moment. Doesn't seem to post to Ireland for some reason so PM cost to be added to that.

Was considering it but controls are supposed to be not great and I think I have too many JRPG's in the backlog to be adding anything more

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GR429NP?tag=22

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

skerry wrote: »
    The World Ends With You is down to £22.99 on Amazon at the moment. Doesn't seem to post to Ireland for some reason so PM cost to be added to that.

Was considering it but controls are supposed to be not great and I think I have too many JRPG's in the backlog to be adding anything more

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GR429NP?tag=22
    Was able to order from amazon and get it delivered without PM. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

What are peoples thoughts on nine parchments? Played a bit of the demo and seemed alrighy but wondering if the full game is worth it... Taking into account its reduced currently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Cotts72 wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on nine parchments? Played a bit of the demo and seemed alrighy but wondering if the full game is worth it... Taking into account its reduced currently

I bought it at launch as it's by the same folks who made the Trine games and I found it a lot of fun but it's definitely designed to be a multiplayer game and I'd say it really shines under those conditions.

It turns into a bit of a twin stick shooter at times as you are dodging enemies with the left stick and aiming with the right (or, more likely, fleeing with the left stick and shooting behind you with the right :) ). It encourages multiple playthroughs as completing some challenges unlocks other characters or character builds. To 100% it, you'd need to finish the game 8 or 9 times, if not more.

I got as far as the last boss but having their attention solely on me, it was really difficult. Same with most of the bosses really, need more players with you. Didn't beat it in the end, came very very close. Moved on to other games.

Octopath Traveler is down to £30 on Amazon at the moment. Really enjoyed it myself, despite the fact characters stories don't really overlap and chapter structure doesn't vary much. The battle system is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Rhyme wrote: »
    I bought it at launch as it's by the same folks who made the Trine games and I found it a lot of fun but it's definitely designed to be a multiplayer game and I'd say it really shines under those conditions.

It turns into a bit of a twin stick shooter at times as you are dodging enemies with the left stick and aiming with the right (or, more likely, fleeing with the left stick and shooting behind you with the right :) ). It encourages multiple playthroughs as completing some challenges unlocks other characters or character builds. To 100% it, you'd need to finish the game 8 or 9 times, if not more.

I got as far as the last boss but having their attention solely on me, it was really difficult. Same with most of the bosses really, need more players with you. Didn't beat it in the end, came very very close. Moved on to other games.

Is there online multiplayer or is it just local?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Is there online multiplayer or is it just local?

Looking online, it's saying 4 player local, online or a combination of the two. I've never tried it myself* so I couldn't tell you from experience.

*didn't have wi-fi in the house when I was playing the game first.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

skerry wrote: »
    Octopath Traveler is down to £30 on Amazon at the moment. Really enjoyed it myself, despite the fact characters stories don't really overlap and chapter structure doesn't vary much. The battle system is very good

£39.99 now :(

bkrangle wrote: »
    £39.99 now :(

Balls, was down at time of posting. Apparently they were price matching Smyths who have it down to 40 euro but very limited stock for click and collect

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/new-video-games-out-now-/octopath-traveler-nintendo-switch/p/166059

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Advertisement

Celeste is 33% off in US store. Works out around 12 euro. Wonder if it might pop up in this weeks sale this side of the pond

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement