Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭narmst

https://www.ginza.se/
    Labo variety kit for €25 and robot for €40. Fair shipping to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

SanDisk Ultra microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance up to 100MB/s, Class 10, U1 - 200GB https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073JY5T7T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_z9WQCb4X2T6W1

Weirdly won't ship to Ireland so need to use Parcel Motel/Wizard but 200gb for £25 is a great price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I see that "The Next Penelope" is now 2.99 - it got good reviews - I might pick it up with my Gold coins for that price....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

SanDisk Ultra microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance up to 100MB/s, Class 10, U1 - 200GB https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073JY5T7T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_z9WQCb4X2T6W1

Weirdly won't ship to Ireland so need to use Parcel Motel/Wizard but 200gb for £25 is a great price

Not showing any issue with delivery for me here, but the 128GB still seems to be the sweet spot for cost per GB... but only by less than a penny per GB... The 256 is a little more again, but between the two for cost per GB

128GB @ £18.69 = £0.146015625/GB
    200GB @ £30.78 = £0.1539/GB
    256GB @ £37.99 = £0.1483984375/GB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

400gb didn't go down in price at all :(

Might just go for the 256gb, and I could do with extra storage.

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Not showing any issue with delivery for me here, but the 128GB still seems to be the sweet spot for cost per GB... but only by less than a penny per GB... The 256 is a little more again, but between the two for cost per GB

128GB @ £18.69 = £0.146015625/GB
    200GB @ £30.78 = £0.1539/GB
    256GB @ £37.99 = £0.1483984375/GB

For some reason that link I posted didn't show the Deal price. It should be £24.99 i.e. £0.12495/GB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JY5T7T?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_815fa6e2_NA&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Saying 128gb won't deliver to Ireland for me. I've definitely got these delivered before. Wonder what's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

skerry wrote: »
    Saying 128gb won't deliver to Ireland for me. I've definitely got these delivered before. Wonder what's changed.

The whims of Amazon UK. Most stuff with batteries can't be delivered to Ireland or the North on the UK site. If you go to Amazon Germany it will ship items with batteries here, which usually end up being shipped from a UK warehouse:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I see that "The Next Penelope" is now 2.99 - it got good reviews - I might pick it up with my Gold coins for that price....

Bought it last week. It's kind of a hybrid of F-Zero (the concept and energy mechanic) and Micro Machines (controls and viewpoint). I found the handling too loose for my liking. Bearing in mind I'm terrible at video games and don't read instructions, your ship accelerates automatically and there's no brake (in the 1st or 2nd level anyway, I can't beat the 2nd tutorial race! Why did I think I should buy Dark Souls....) so it doesn't feel that compelling as a race game. Decent for 3 quid but only if you have enough time in your life to play all the games, not just the best ones.

The whims of Amazon UK. Most stuff with batteries can't be delivered to Ireland or the North on the UK site. If you go to Amazon Germany it will ship items with batteries here, which usually end up being shipped from a UK warehouse:pac:

Yeah, makes zero sense especially for something as cheap to post as a SD card which is a shame cos some good deals there but PM cost kind of wipes out the saving

This is from Amazon delivery restrictions info:
    'CE products with data storage capacity such as Blank Media, MP3 Players, Mobile phones, GPS and Radios with storage capacity, Tablets, External Hard Drives, USB keys and Memory cards may not be eligible for international delivery.'

• Advertisement

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is down to €33,99 at the moment with 15% discount

Thanks for this! While they wouldn't ship the Anker PowerCore I wanted, they did have 400gb micro sd for a lot cheaper than Amazon UK, so picked one up for 75 inc delivery for Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

skerry wrote:
    Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is down to €33,99 at the moment with 15% discount

269kr / €25 from Norway's Estore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

chrislad wrote: »
    Thanks for this! While they wouldn't ship the Anker PowerCore I wanted, they did have 400gb micro sd for a lot cheaper than Amazon UK, so picked one up for 75 inc delivery for Thursday.

littlewoods sometimes have good deals on the Anker Powercore battery packs. I picked up the Switch branded 20100 for less than €50 a while back. They are €70 at the moment.
    https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/e/q/anker.end?_requestid=335658

Dermo wrote: »
    littlewoods sometimes have good deals on the Anker Powercore battery packs. I picked up the Switch branded 20100 for less than €50 a while back. They are €70 at the moment.
    https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/e/q/anker.end?_requestid=335658

Thanks. You can get the 20100 for around 40-50 online. They have the 13500 for 72 right now, but I never though of these guys, so I'll keep an eye on the site!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Changing to €10.50 when I choose Europe for delivery.

Looks a good a read from the preview sections but any idea how many pages it is?

Changing to €10.50 when I choose Europe for delivery.

Looks a good a read from the preview sections but any idea how many pages it is?

Once you add it to your cart you should get an extra 15% discount.

not sure how big it is, I can only see up to 50 pages in the preview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

From looking at the contents looks like something is on page 150

petes wrote: »
    From looking at the contents looks like something is on page 150

That would be about right based on others editions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Seemingly a big sale starting Thursday with 30% of things like Mario Odyssey and Zelda Breathe of The Wild and up to 50% of things of Doom.

Might pickup Crash Bandicoot as I’ve wanted that and seems to be 33% off

• Registered Users Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope the Zelda and Splatoon dlc are on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

TheDoc wrote: »
    Seemingly a big sale starting Thursday with 30% of things like Mario Odyssey and Zelda Breathe of The Wild and up to 50% of things of Doom.

Finally time to pick up BOTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

TheDoc wrote: »

WOW a whole %30 2 years after release? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Dammit, I'm trying to save money ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Borrowed from HotUKDeals and I've added the pre-sale price and discounted price. Apparently the sale goes live from 1pm tomorrow:

Nintendo Switch

•Super Mario Odyssey: 33% off (was €60, so €42)
    •The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: 50% off (€60> €30)
    •Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: 50% off (€40>€20)
    •The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 30% off (€70>€49)
    •L.A. Noire: 66% off (€50>€17)
    •Xenoblade Chronicles 2: 33% off (€60>€42)
    •Crash Bandicoot™ N. Sane Trilogy: 34% off (€40>€26.40)
    •Diablo III: Eternal Collection: 30% (€60>€42)
    •Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate: 42% off (€45>€26.10)
    •OCTOPATH TRAVELER: 33% off (€60>€42)
    •Dark Souls Remastered: 30% off (€40>€28)
    •Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus: 33% off (€60>€42)
    •DOOM: 50% off (€60>€30)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Should I be impressed or upset at how many of those I already own but haven't really played yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Banjo wrote: »
    Should I be impressed or upset at how many of those I already own but haven't really played yet?

We can't win my friend.

Those thousands of hours of Monster Hunter on 3DS aren't going to play themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Is monster hunter any good? Spotted diablo in smyths in cork last weekend for 30e

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Is monster hunter any good? Spotted diablo in smyths in cork last weekend for 30e

Thats a good price on Diablo, i dont think its even available on their website anymore so could just be clearing the last of their stock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement