Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The new Trials game is £18 on Amazon at the minute.

Trials Rising Gold (Nintendo Switch) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DMFFKG5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_olJSCbYWN7PCV

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

TitianGerm wrote: »

Trials Rising Gold (Nintendo Switch) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DMFFKG5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_olJSCbYWN7PCV

It's €25 in Gamestop at the moment, which includes the dlc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's €25 in Gamestop at the moment, which includes the dlc

All the physical copies include the dlc. It is also €25 in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

TitianGerm wrote: »

Picked it up for £22 a few weeks ago when Amazon had the £5 off deal, really enjoying it so far! It's amazing how fast Ubisoft games drop in price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

All-Star Fruit Racing is £10.95 on TheGameCollection. It looks decent for that price. I was looking at it on the eshop a while back and I think it is around €30 or €25.
    https://www.thegamecollection.net/all-star-fruit-racing-switch/

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD is also on presale there for £35.95
    https://www.thegamecollection.net/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-switch/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rayman Legends is only €11.20 on the Russian eshop. Bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

manual_man wrote: »
    Rayman Legends is only €11.20 on the Russian eshop. Bargain!

Picked it up over the weekend. Really enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

skerry wrote: »
    Picked it up over the weekend. Really enjoying it.

It’s a lovely game. Also the soccer mini game is super addictive LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone seen any really good prices for Final Fantasy 12 preorder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

fixxxer wrote: »

From an eShop point of view, Russia is the cheapest at about 40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

fixxxer wrote:

Was sub E45 on base.com when I ordered physical

fixxxer wrote: »

It's on the game collection for £35.95 which is around €41
    https://www.thegamecollection.net/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-switch/

X/X-2 HD Remaster is also available for the same price
    https://www.thegamecollection.net/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-switch/

Up to 60% off Blockbuster Sale
    https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Search/Search-299117.html?f=147394-5-81-3690-3266
    Over 50 Retail Titles. Over 150 digital only titles.

A selection of stellar titles for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems are on offer as part of our Blockbuster Sale until April 25th!

Not really sure if this counts as a bargain for this thread so I'll make it small.

3 for 2 on all Nintendo Franchise items on Zavvi - https://www.zavvi.com/franchises/nintendo/offer.list?settingsSaved=Y&shippingcountry=IE&switchcurrency=EUR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Grassey wrote: »
    Was sub E45 on base.com when I ordered physical

That's where I got mine too. I waited until the Brexit extension went through so there would definitely be no delays on release :)

I did just cancel in order to save €6 with TGC link above though :D

Now just need to wait for FFX-X2 physical to arrive from playasia also!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not sure if folks are aware but while Cuphead isn't out until tomorrow on the Switch and being €19.99 you can get it and play it now from the Japanese store for around €15!
    It's downloading here as I type this.
    I was holding out for the physical edition but will probably pick that up later in the summer when it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

WAAAAY to hard for me. I have some Cuphead pops and love watching Let's Plays of it.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    WAAAAY to hard for me. I have some Cuphead pops and love watching Let's Plays of it.

Well, Sekiro on the PS4 is making me feel like Sh1t for even turning it on, so Cuphead is in good company.

Not sure if folks are aware but while Cuphead isn't out until tomorrow on the Switch and being €19.99 you can get it and play it now from the Japanese store for around €15!
    It's downloading here as I type this.
    I was holding out for the physical edition but will probably pick that up later in the summer when it's out.

It's not actually unlocking though. Normally games unlock around 10pm the night before (FFX did earlier this week, as did Yoshi a few weeks ago), but this didn't. I tried it again about 30 mins ago, and it still wasn't unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »

It's not that hard. You just have to learn the movements of enemies.

I have it on Xbox and PC but will grab a physical copy on Switch once it's out.

chrislad wrote: »
    It's not actually unlocking though. Normally games unlock around 10pm the night before (FFX did earlier this week, as did Yoshi a few weeks ago), but this didn't. I tried it again about 30 mins ago, and it still wasn't unlocked.

Well, I was playing it yesterday evening as soon as it downloaded, so not sure what was happening for you, this is the Japanese downloaded copy rather than a pre-order on the local eShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Hey, do you mind me asking, how did you get it from the Japanese store? When I tried to order from there previously, I think I hit some sort of PayPal related region restriction.

Well, I was playing it yesterday evening as soon as it downloaded, so not sure what was happening for you, this is the Japanese downloaded copy rather than a pre-order on the local eShop.

Most people, going from Reddit, seemed to be in the same boat as me. It seems like there was eShop issues, which may have affected it. Should be done when I get home this evening.

Rael wrote: »
    Hey, do you mind me asking, how did you get it from the Japanese store? When I tried to order from there previously, I think I hit some sort of PayPal related region restriction.

I set up a new PayPal account using the postal address of Nintendo headquarters, I think, then linked it to my Japanese Nintendo Switch account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

I was tempted to get FFX on the switch, figured id enjoy it more playing it hand held.. Then i looked at the price... €50?!?!? :eek:

Thats crazy..

How do you guys look for bargains on the switch? I've heard of checking other countries eshops, but no idea how to do that or how to go about getting it on my switch.. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

https://eshop-prices.com

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/guide_how_to_access_the_nintendo_switch_eshop_for_multiple_regions

Russia and South Africa are the easiest ones to set up.
    USA is good too, but you need to buy US eshop cards from play Asia or pcgamesupply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,001 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

nix wrote: »
    I was tempted to get FFX on the switch, figured id enjoy it more playing it hand held.. Then i looked at the price... €50?!?!? :eek:

Thats crazy..

How do you guys look for bargains on the switch? I've heard of checking other countries eshops, but no idea how to do that or how to go about getting it on my switch.. :P

You're half right, it's a crazy price and a borked physical release. Which is exactly what you get if you buy Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster. Half. The first game is on the cartridge while the second is a download.
    XX2UpdatedSamll-1.jpg

And you've the manky "download" required banner ruining the boxart. Of course there's other knock on affects like if you want to sell or lend the game to someone. Its value too is affected. Again, halved.

Or you import a multi region version with both games on a single cart for the same price and happy days. Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,001 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Grassey wrote: »
    Or you import a multi region version with both games on a single cart for the same price and happy days. Simple.

It's only in Asia that both games come on cartridge. And they used 2 cartridges. Saying to import, possible customs charges and having foreign boxart isn't "simple".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement