Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I found it on the very very bottom shelf with the ****ty bargain games nobody wants usually
    Thanks, I asked my uncle to pick it up in Swords, he went in, they looked it up and they could not find it anywhere (said that they had never heard of it), and suggested he try gamestop. He showed them the amazon listing I sent him while he was there (he could not remember the name of it initially).
    He had looked on the shelves, he said there were only two shelving unites with Switch games and it was not there :(.

I will try Ashbourne on my way home, but not holding out much hope for it to be there either.

I checked Argos online, could not see it, but they have Harvest Moon Light of Hope Special Edition for €19.99. Not for me, but maybe somebody else.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8722610/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CNintendo+Switch%7C50000328/c_3/4%7Ccat_50000328%7CNintendo+Switch+games%7C50000331.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No Smyths in Ashbourne if you mean blanch they don't have it neither

No Smyths in Ashbourne if you mean blanch they don't have it neither

Yeah, sorry I always say Ashbourne, because it's if I'm going the Ashbourne way home :).
    There is one before it, I think fontill? But I haven't been to that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Was in Fonthill at the weekend, didn't see it on the shelf then but wasn't specifically looking. They reduced it a couple of months ago to 30 quid and took it off the website so I'd say you'd be very lucky to find it anywhere inside the pale at this stage. Sligo and Cork tend to be your best bets for bargains when they get to their last-ditch liquidation stage (and on that note, keep your eyes open for Lego Dimensions Starter on WiiU for around 10 quid if they still have one, it's down to a fiver in the UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No sign in Childers Road in Limerick. I checked at lunchtime.

• Advertisement

Did get Yokus Island in Blanch a few days ago while I was on a hunt for pop vinyl figures it's with Trailblazers on my oh that's cheap pile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I found a Yoku's Island Express yesterday for a tenner in a Smyths that claimed it had no copies online.

Have faith.

Faith that the staff don't update their stock correctly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Now that I think of it they were a while trying to find it behind the counter... Maybe it was the last one, but there was definitely 2 boxes on the shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A Smyths near me is dreadful for having the right stock. 3 separate occasions I checked stock, went in and picked up the cases off the shelves, went to the counter only for the guy there to say they were out of stock and the cases shouldn't have been there so I'm not surprised it could work the other way as well.

Super Rocket Shootout, The Next Penelope and Guns Gore and Cannoli 2 all look like they could be fun to play. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a load of games after this sale.. :/ I think I've looked through enough of it for tonight, or I could end up with a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Shovel Knight treasure trove is half price on the eShop, 12.49c

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ERG89 wrote: »

Just bought that last night, very nice indeed.
    I have it on the WiiU but that's gone to the room upstairs, and therefore passed from this universe completely.
    It plays very well, and plenty of content too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

I was thinking that it might be on sale when I seen it in the PS4 sales this week, sweet, gonna pick that up. Never played it and its been on my list of must have Indie's since I got my Switch. Just finished Messenger so this should slot in nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just bought that last night, very nice indeed.
    I have it on the WiiU but that's gone to the room upstairs, and therefore passed from this universe completely.
    It plays very well, and plenty of content too.

I really wish they'd release the next set of content for this. It's been 2 years+ since the last one was released...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is that the full shovel knight game and dlc or what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

nix wrote: »
    Is that the full shovel knight game and dlc or what is it?

Full game and all DLC (even what hasn't been released yet)

Full game and all DLC (even what hasn't been released yet)

Winner!

Just purchased it there, two great bargains within a week on the Switch for me, what a time to be alive! :pac:

Nintendo have announced a 2 online games for £84 (Euro price is supposedly €99 though can't find official confirmation, saving of up to €21 on regular price...

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Online/Exclusive-offers-for-members-1437882.html

Trials Rising Gold is €22.99 in Argos

http://checkargos.com/product/9189939

• Registered Users Posts: 17,606 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo have announced a 2 online games for £84 (Euro price is supposedly €99 though can't find official confirmation, saving of up to €21 on regular price...

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Online/Exclusive-offers-for-members-1437882.html

I think that deal is pants, for Europe at least. If you're digital only, then ya you will save a small bit, but you can buy most of those games for €50 or less physically if you shop around. And you're not forced into buying 2 at a time.

Though, I've heard other people from the likes of Canada and Australia say it's good where they get screwed on prices and taxes. And remember, you need to pay for Nintendo Switch Online in order to qualify for this deal.

• Advertisement

Its not too bad of a deal tbh for buying up coming releases that you know will defo be released within the 12months and on the list of eligible games.

Some Nintendo titles can be crazy pricey on release and hard to find a bargain on them at times, but what Sligeach said, its still best to go retail as you can resell if unhappy with the game, and you may get lucky with a bargain.

If they made it €90 for the vouchers, id maybe consider it..

nix wrote: »
    Its not too bad of a deal tbh for buying up coming releases that you know will defo be released within the 12months and on the list of eligible games.

Some Nintendo titles can be crazy pricey on release and hard to find a bargain on them at times, but what Sligeach said, its still best to go retail as you can resell if unhappy with the game, and you may get lucky with a bargain.

If they made it €90 for the vouchers, id maybe consider it..

It would need to be closer to 75-80 for two vouchers for me to consider it - the big games after a few years only go as low as 35-40 so that would be my cheapskate limit :)

It would need to be closer to 75-80 for two vouchers for me to consider it - the big games after a few years only go as low as 35-40 so that would be my cheapskate limit :)

haha i hear ya, but thing is with Nintendo, its rare you will get their top tier games 1st hand for that price, even after a year or two the price wont budge. Especially with the switch doing as well as it is..

I could see myself splashing out on a Zelda game or Metroid (if that ever gets released), so i could see myself dropping €50-55 tops for them.. Anything else i can wait for the price drop/sale.

Now when it comes to Playstation or PC, ill hold out until that **** drops to like €20 :D Unless its a From software game or hot multiplayer i wanna play with friends :pac:

Smyths Dark Souls €10 stock as of this post Navan Waterford Galway Drogheda

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/dark-souls-remastered/dark-souls-remastered-nintendo-switch/p/165233

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Smyths Dark Souls €10 stock as of this post Navan Waterford Galway Drogheda

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/dark-souls-remastered/dark-souls-remastered-nintendo-switch/p/165233

Just Navan & Drogheda left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was in Smyths yesterday looking for Civilization 6 and Dark Souls was definitely €30 on the shelf. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Drogheda have two, apparently, of DS for a tenner.
    Amazing value that.

Insomnia and bargain hunting are a dangerous mix if I didn't have dark souls I'd be on the train now to get it.

Captain toad is €10 on 3ds but no stock so luck if the draw on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Got the world ends with you on switch for €10 in smyths naas.
    They only had one copy (no copies of civilisation 6 either even though they had the cases out).
    They might have it in other stores if anyone is looking for it.

• Advertisement

Non ninty bargain PS1 Classic is €37 in argos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement