Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone seen a good deal on sonic all stars racing.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Anyone seen a good deal on sonic all stars racing.?

If you own a 360 or ps3 I'd buy it on those instead as you'll get it a lot cheaper.

Great kart game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

If you own a 360 or ps3 I'd buy it on those instead as you'll get it a lot cheaper.

Great kart game.

Only the Wii U at the minute.
    More of a Pc gamer myself but Im starting to play the Wii U more and more.
    Im really starting to think that a decent price cut and a few more games will make this slow burner take off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths have Sonic for €25 new or used, not that greayt a price but if you are stuck or want it asap might be easiest place to get it.

http://www.toys.ie/Sonic--Sega-All-Stars-Racing-Transfromed-LE-WII-U-!125082-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=be6c9df3-3014-480c-8a56-c464d51f4b3f

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »

Haha I just looked up amazon a moment ago. You beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

€17.25 on Zavvi, with free delivery.

HMV and Xtravision seem to have given up on Wii U altogether.

Nothing in any of the xtravision shops near me.They had games last week.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    HMV and Xtravision seem to have given up on Wii U altogether.

Nothing in any of the xtravision shops near me.They had games last week.

Part of me thinks that's a good sign for the Wii U.

HMV and Xtravision haven't exactly understood the media market now for quite some time.

They need to change the way they do business to somehow include digital downloading otherwise Netflix and illegal downloading will kill them off in the next year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Neither HMV or xtravision took my Wii U games for trade :( said they weren't on the system or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭Nollog

The HMx/Xtravision has a gaming section called "xbox and playstation" I believe, so probably something in that regard.
    Nintendo don't exist.

Pre-sleep Amazon check :
    Monster Hunter WiiU £30
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00B5Q85FU/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1395623135&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX110_SY165
    - seems expensive but this is as cheap as a physical copy has ever been. If you long for a life of grind and boss fights, snap it up.

Call of Duty Ghosts - £19.85
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00ECQIYT2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1395622754&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165
    Maybe it'll Buck the trend and be really good and not be a collection of bewildering cut scenes stapled to some railroad shooting

Lego City Undercover
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00B5Q83NY/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1395623066&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX110_SY165
    Grand Theft Awesome. No mention of a minifigure though...

AC Black Flag £19.05
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ol/B00BMRR65W/ref=mw_dp_olp?qid=1395623266&sr=8-42
    Why are pirate assassins the best assassins? They just arrrrrrr! Fulfilled by amazon.

An awesome bowling ball controller
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002GEA4U4/ref=mp_s_a_1_62?qid=1395623473&sr=8-62&pi=AC_SX110_SY165
    Buy it now so you have it for the next free sports weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

Is this a good deal for the Wii U - Black Premium Pack + Nintendoland €224.99?

http://www.toys.ie/Wii-U-Console--Black-Premium-Pack--Nintendoland-!125012-prd.aspx

For bricks-n-mortar it's pretty damned good. Curry's had a better deal but good f'ing luck finding it. The only caveat is that you can get comparable deals off and on from Online retailers that come with better / more games. But I don't see any of those deals on right now so snap it up. While you're in there, they have a bloody good deal on the Mariokart Limited Edition bundle :D

While you're in there, Sonic Racing for only €9.99!!!

No Dublin stock that I can see though :( Looks like it's on-spec for Mayo and Sligo only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

Mariokart Limited Edition bundle :D

whats this deal you speak of?

Store|Euro|Sterling|Game?|Shell?|Wheel?|Keyring?|Tshirt?
    Smyths|59.99|47.992|Game|Shell |||
    Smyths|54.99|43.992|Game||||
    Gamestop|69.99||Game|Shell|||
    Game|71.988|59.99|Game|Shell|Wheel||
    Game|47.988|39.99|Game||Wheel||
    Ninty|71.988|59.99|Game|Shell||Keyring|Tshirt
    Ninty|59.988|49.99|Game||Keyring||Tshirt
    Amazon|71.832|59.86|Game|Shell|||
    Amazon|47.82|39.85|Game||||
    zavvi|65.976|54.98|game|Shell|||
    zavvi|47.976|39.98|Game||||
    shopto|71.832|59.86|Game|Shell|||
    shopto|47.82|39.85|Game||||
    Base.com|46.788|38.99|Game||||

Smyth's price for the Limited Edition is a good €12 cheaper than their online competitors. (well, if you assume a Sterling->Euro exchange rate of around 1.20)
    The table above may not look like a table when I hit Reply. I regret nothing!
    Table goes : Store - Euro price - Sterling Price - Game? Shell? Wheel? Keyring? Tshirt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

ooh sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo : You been tabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Banjo : You been tabled.

Poor table etiquette. No headers. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Whachoo talkin' bout Willis?

<_<

>_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No interest in the wheel but the 59.99 in Smyths with the shell is very tempting. Any idea on the quality/material of the shell?

I hear its genuine Koopa shell, that's why they had to make it limited edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I hear its genuine Koopa shell, that's why they had to make it limited edition

962.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As long as it's cleaned out, otherwise it may start to smell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Game shell Smyths for me. Lookin forward to it. A whole lot.

Fifa 13 is €14.99 in Smyths.

No idea what it is anywhere else, but i haven't bought a football game since pro evo 6, might give it a go.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Fifa 13 is €14.99 in Smyths.

No idea what it is anywhere else, but i haven't bought a football game since pro evo 6, might give it a go.

Stick to pro evo 6 would be my advice.

Stick to pro evo 6 would be my advice.

:-D

Really? Is it rubbish?

Really? Is it rubbish?

Rubbish is probably a little harsh but I personally felt Fifa got way too complicated since Fifa 10 which was the last one I could play without wanting to throw something at the telly. Now that said if your the sort that will put the time into a football game you'll probably love it as it has all the players, modes, moves, etc...

For me the height of footie games was pro evo 6. Simple and effective.

I have prov evo 13 on 360 which imo is far better than FIFA even with its flaws.

Personally I've given up on footie games. I bought NHL 14 on 360 recently which has a mode where you can use the old mega drive controls. Some/most would say it dumbs it down. I say it's back to the it should be run pass shoot. Fun, fun, fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Really? Is it rubbish?

As far as I can remember FIFA 13 is actually one of the best FIFAs in recent years. Better than 14 anyway. Some people will say Pro Evo is better but thats really a matter of personal choice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement