Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Kimbot wrote: »
    Just Navan & Drogheda left :(

Guilty of picking up the last one in Waterford although they still have empty boxes out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm going to Tallaght later will check if they've any phantom bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Drogheda have two, apparently, of DS for a tenner.
    Amazing value that.

Have it on Xbox but still wanted to give it a try on Switch for a tenner, has to be worth it.

Unfortunately there seems to be only around 4 copies showing in stock for the whole country now and none down here :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

amadablam wrote: »
    Have it on Xbox but still wanted to give it a try on Switch for a tenner, has to be worth it.

Unfortunately there seems to be only around 4 copies showing in stock for the whole country now :(:(:(:(

Way to far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Why does this happen (it only seems to happen with nintendo games) does anyone know?
    I have never seen any games on sale in a store, and when I read about them here, there is usually only about 6 of them and it's not on sale anywhere else, or the sale is very limited. But if it was Xbox or Playstation they seem to have stock everywhere for the sale price.
    Does it mean the game will no longer be available, i.e. they won't publish more when it sells out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Suckit wrote: »
    Why does this happen (it only seems to happen with nintendo games) does anyone know?
    I have never seen any games on sale in a store, and when I read about them here, there is usually only about 6 of them and it's not on sale anywhere else, or the sale is very limited. But if it was Xbox or Playstation they seem to have stock everywhere for the sale price.
    Does it mean the game will no longer be available, i.e. they won't publish more when it sells out?

No it will be in print but Smyths won't stock it and if it is still on the site it won't be in stock anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Twice I've thought I'd nabbed a Smyths super discount and both times its been OOS when I went to the counter. Seems they often pepper the shelves with more photocopied covers than they need. Would have taken a punt on The World Ends with You but not even on the website anymore so hardly worth a trip to Smyths for a dig

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are the Smyth's deals usually in Ken Blacks as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone want the last copy Dark souls in galway?

No dark souls, civilization or captain toad in tallaght I did get the last world ends with you so ducking happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Got the last Dark Souls in Limerick Childers Road, was marked out of stock on the website though, so worth checking in store. They also had Dragonball Fighter Z for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Got The World Ends with You for a tenner in Galway, happy out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

5 games for €100 is on Amazon Spain again
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/promotion/A1SE95MXEDVXNY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Suckit wrote: »
    5 games for €100 is on Amazon Spain again
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/promotion/A1SE95MXEDVXNY

Assume you meant Germany. 5 for €150 as well

https://www.amazon.de/gp/promotion/A20TJ2FCRMK81E

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ugh, id love to avail of one of those offers but the selection given, its hard to even make up the 5 games.. If i didnt already have Smash bros, the €150 option would be doable :(

The €100 version would be easy if one loved the lego games, i do not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

nix wrote: »
    Ugh, id love to avail of one of those offers but the selection given, its hard to even make up the 5 games.. If i didnt already have Smash bros, the €150 option would be doable :(
    Just sell it to CEX, €38

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Picked up dark souls,arms and the world ends with you in navan smyths 10e each for the switch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got World Ends With You and Dragon Ball for 25 in Childers Road. Happy out, normally miss these.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Was able to get TWEWY in Carrickmines, was probably only still there as the display box still showed that it was €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

Arms is 10 euro in Smyths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got Bastion from the SA store for €3.31. Bargain :)

Nothing in Blanch Smyths just to save anyone a trip

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nothing left in carrickmines/liffey valley or tallaght. Really wanted arms or dark souls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Non ninty bargain PS1 Classic is €37 in argos

Sound out. Ordered 37e. That go nicely next to my NeoGeo Mini, 3 NES and 5 SNES minis 😀😀😀 I have all US JAP EU versions. I have a problem 😀

Also got Limbo Insude SteamDig 2 and Yoku Island for like 30e on eshop sale. Inside is amazing, love it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Kimbot wrote: »
    Nothing left in carrickmines/liffey valley or tallaght. Really wanted arms or dark souls :(

Only Switch game in Carrickmines earlier on clearance was TWEWY, I would have grabbed DS myself too if it was there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Only Switch game in Carrickmines earlier on clearance was TWEWY, I would have grabbed DS myself too if it was there.

I'll be in a few more over the weekend so hopefully there's a sneaky copy left somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I bought Shovel Knight, Steamworld Heist, Valkyria Chronicles & Dead Cells in the last week alone.
    Also have Days Gone & Sekiro to play so I can't justify buying another game right now regardless of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

ERG89 wrote: »
    I bought Shovel Knight, Steamworld Heist, Valkyria Chronicles & Dead Cells in the last week alone.
    Also have Days Gone & Sekiro to play so I can't justify buying another game right now regardless of the price.

Bought a silly amount of indie games myself the last week and it stops now........oops, just bought Thumper for €3.60 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,606 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Anyone who got a bargain in Smyths shouldn't be allowed post and brag about their wares. There are some of us who have nothing. NOTHING!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

skerry wrote: »
    Bought a silly amount of indie games myself the last week and it stops now........oops, just bought Thumper for €3.60 :D

That's a great price. Nice one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement