Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

That's a great price. Nice one.

Had a small few gold coins but it works out around 4 euro from SA store at the moment without them. Tried as far as the first boss last night, it's fairly mad. I'd say best enjoyed with decent headphones cranked up.....and not before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Ryath wrote: »
    Suckit wrote: »
    5 games for €100 is on Amazon Spain again
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/promotion/A1SE95MXEDVXNY

Assume you meant Germany. 5 for €150 as well

https://www.amazon.de/gp/promotion/A20TJ2FCRMK81E

Has anybody gone for games from Amazon Germany or Spain before? How does it work with the language settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Anyone who got a bargain in Smyths shouldn't be allowed post and brag about their wares. There are some of us who have nothing. NOTHING!!!

Did you buy a Switch after?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is it easy to setup an NZ or Australian account on the Switch, or is it like the USA and Mexican accounts (which I find impossible)?
    Has anybody gone for games from Amazon Germany or Spain before? How does it work with the language settings?
    A few people bought them here (some to sell in CEX), I bought them from Spain and no issues at all with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

CEX might refuse to buy a product if the language on the box isnt English, although im not sure if Switch games come in anything other than English on the box.

But ive had some ps3 games refused on me because the text on some of the box was in Spanish. :(

• Advertisement

Is it easy to setup an NZ or Australian account on the Switch, or is it like the USA and Mexican accounts (which I find impossible)?

Oh... My..

I just found out I don't need to create an account for every country I want to buy from. Just login to my account on my laptop and change the country, then back to switch and sign in again, it's automatically that country. I have created a ZA account, Norwegian, Mexican (doesn't work), Russian and now find that out as I'm about to set up NZ.

yOIS9bZ.jpg

A few people bought them here (some to sell in CEX), I bought them from Spain and no issues at all with any of them.

You bought from Spain and the game was in English yeah?

nix wrote: »
    CEX might refuse to buy a product if the language on the box isnt English, although im not sure if Switch games come in anything other than English on the box.

But ive had some ps3 games refused on me because the text on some of the box was in Spanish. :(

You could always give the game in without a box... You won't make as much money but you won't make anything otherwise

You bought from Spain and the game was in English yeah?
    Yeah I bought 5 games in the last 5 for €150 from Germany.

Kirby, Arms, Yoshi, Smash Bros, Super Mario Party. All are in English.
    I had also bought 5 from Spain, but returned them instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The box language doesn't matter as long as it states on the box that the game is in English.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    Anyone who got a bargain in Smyths shouldn't be allowed post and brag about their wares. There are some of us who have nothing. NOTHING!!!

Definitely bragging shouldn't be tolerated, it also should be ignored by anybody who the bragging was aimed at, what's the point after all?

With regards to discounted games in Smyths that might be nearly sold out, they should 100% be shared here to help fellow boardsies to try and get the discounted game before a non-boardsie gets it

Just my opinion, if anybody disagrees say so below ;)

The box language doesn't matter as long as it states on the box that the game is in English.

No boxes will specify that, all games come with all available languages as an option in the settings or the ones in that region, its a given, my games were refused because of the language on the box :confused:

Yeah I bought 5 games in the last 5 for €150 from Germany.

Kirby, Arms, Yoshi, Smash Bros, Super Mario Party. All are in English.
    I had also bought 5 from Spain, but returned them instead.

This is exactly the info I was looking for thanks :)

I'm not overly bothered about the trade in thing as I buy my games to play them lol

It should also be mentioned that Germany have a lower vat rate than Ireland (19 vs 23) so when Irish vat is applied to German products it's gonna be sightly more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No boxes will specify that, all games come with all available languages as an option in the settings or the ones in that region, its a given, my games were refused because of the language on the box :confused:

All Nintendo published games state the game languages on the box, as do Bandai Namco games.

All Nintendo published games state the game languages on the box, as do Bandai Namco games.

I can confirm this is correct, haha took me aaaaages to find it on the switch boxes, it was literally the last icon/writing i looked at on the back :D

It pops out better on the bandai namco boxes with the flags..

Strange that only they do it if its such a big deal and most others provide language options anyway.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Why so serious about the bargains post who or where did anyone brag, example please as I am very confused on the projectile toys from prams about helpful posts up here to share information about price reductions. Am very very interested to see what or whom this is directed at.

Most switch carts should have EUR on them as in pan European all 5 main languages English French Spanish German and Italian will be in the options it's easy to find the box art online to reprint an English cover for your game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

brag away.. that's part of the fun

Unless your bargain goes $$#@ up... Amazon.de 5 for 150e
    Got Wolfenstein 2 delivered after 4 week wait this week and bloody thing is the censored and GERMAN only version.... God dammit

It's all story mode and talking and pretty much unplayable. time to return it suppose... Doom is a month out delayed but least it has English lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ok, this is a bargains thread and we already have a general Nintendo discussion thread, so do the chat there please.
    A little leeway is there but do please keep this thread for bargains only.
    And, for those wondering, I don't think anyone was seriously talking of no one doing a spot of bragging about a great bargain, it was a bit of humour.

Let's keep some perspective.

Me and my Asperger's is this a joke or not type assessment of situation.

Layman's translation; Sarcasm???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Me and my Asperger's is this a joke or not type assessment of situation.

Layman's translation; Sarcasm???

Two things have been raised
    Firstly, Are people seriously suggesting that "boasting" about bargains is a thing and should be barred from the thread?
    No, I think it was just humour and I'm happy to celebrate someone's good fortune in finding a great deal, even if I don't, and I think everyone else is of the same mind.

Secondly, is this a bargains thread or a chat thread?
    Well, it's the former, of course.
    And there's an actual chat thread, and a dedicated Switch chat thread as well.
    But there will always be a bit of leeway when it comes to the posting of bargains and someone commenting, which is just the nature of banter and adds to a sense of community.
    That's it covered I think

Bendy Andy Ink Machine is £19.99 on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bendy-Ink-Machine-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07GZ46S7H/

Trials Rising (Gold Edition) is €18.95 on Base.com https://www.base.com/buy/product/trials-rising-gold-switch/dgc-trlrisns.htm
    Attack on Titan 2 is jumping between €22.65 and €27.08 on Base https://www.base.com/buy/product/attack-on-titan-2-nintendo-switch/dgc-aot2ns.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

mario maker 2 + 12 months online + free stylus(mario maker 2 themed) for just over 55 euro from the Swedish eshop

manual_man wrote: »
    mario maker 2 + 12 months online + free stylus(mario maker 2 themed) for just over 55 euro from the Swedish eshop

I'm starting to regret my pre-order with Smyth's

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Resident Evil 4 is out today, and is €25 in the Russian eshop (I checked nintendo.ru and it includes the english language).

€30 here.

Both still overpriced, I know. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Mr E wrote: »
    Resident Evil 4 is out today, and is €25 in the Russian eshop (I checked nintendo.ru and it includes the english language).

€30 here.

Both still overpriced, I know. :o

no motion controls :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope... not yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Resident Evil 0 and 1 also both €25 in Russia.

Might hold off for a sale :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm starting to regret my pre-order with Smyth's

Just don't pick it up. They only charge you when you go in to collect. If you don't pick it up within a few days your pre order gets cancelled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement