Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

no motion controls :mad:

Aw, that's a shame. I quite liked the motion controls on the Wii, scaled down the difficulty completely but made it very fun.

Pop, pop, suplex/big kick, knife, next enemy.

Still working through FF12 so I'll keep on trucking there and they might put motion controls in with a patch later on before I'm done. Sure if they don't, no bother. Got the game first on the Gamecube and it'll be like going back to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

For anybody wondering, the 5 for €150 and 5 for 100 Amazon Germany offers appears to now be gone, which is strange as I thought I read that they'd be going until the 29th of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

For anybody wondering, the 5 for €150 and 5 for 100 Amazon Germany offers appears to now be gone, which is strange as I thought I read that they'd be going until the 29th of this month

I was onto support yesterda yas I was trying to get the 100 deal but Crash wasn't posting to Ireland. They said they would look into it and be back in touch before the 29th!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Really?

Ah for jaysus sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah promotions like that would rarely ever run their course, unless their hope is to move a lot/all of the stock. They are usually given a quota as to how many units they can sell or a money value they can reach, and then it gets cut off.

Seen it happen a lot in my old job with the "too good to be true" type promotions, they will be covered in the terms and conditions of the promotion. So my guess is a lot of people were going for that offer, likely to make profit on it themselves.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The last one added mario odyssey and others after a lot of the games were gone. I would have bought that for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Apparently it's the HD PlayStation/Xbox port of Resi 4, hence no motion controls. Not sure if it can be patched in afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

nix wrote: »
    Yeah promotions like that would rarely ever run their course, unless their hope is to move a lot/all of the stock. They are usually given a quota as to how many units they can sell or a money value they can reach, and then it gets cut off.

Seen it happen a lot in my old job with the "too good to be true" type promotions, they will be covered in the terms and conditions of the promotion. So my guess is a lot of people were going for that offer, likely to make profit on it themselves.. :pac:

At least I was on time, ordered Sunday and due on Friday, gotta love German efficiency...

Also good tip for the future so thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Apparently it's the HD PlayStation/Xbox port of Resi 4, hence no motion controls. Not sure if it can be patched in afterwards.

The Wii version of that is the best version.

I was looking forward to this, but now I might just play the better if slightly less pretty version instead.

Flip sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm starting to regret my pre-order with Smyth's

they might refund you your deposit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths are €60 (five discounted for pre-order) for Mario Maker 2 with the 12 month sub an extra fiver for a boxed version seems a better deal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Smyths has Animal crossing happy home designer for 3ds for a fiver. Galway and Kinsale rd advertising stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Super Smash Bros Zelda Gamecube controller for Switch, reduced from €26.99 to €17.99 in Argos. Can be ordered in a number of stores.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8661348.htm

online sale ends tomorrow. Better top up my debit card :pac:

Rolling Gunner is on the Japanese Store for 1,980yen (€16.15) - Sale ends on the 30th of May.
    I think the only way to get it from here is with Japanese eShop cards (but somebody here wil know more)
    These are the cheapest, but I don't know how legit (they accept paypal) - https://www.seagm.com/nintendo-wii-3ds-eshop-prepaid-card-japan - May require VPN.
    And these are the ones that seem to be recommended.
    https://www.g2a.com/search?query=nintendo%20eshop
    https://www.play-asia.com/digital/nintendo_eshop/14/711z7#fc=v:2
    https://www.nippon-yasan.com/595-prepaid-card

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Suckit wrote: »
    Rolling Gunner is on the Japanese Store for 1,980yen (€16.15) - Sale ends on the 30th of May.
    I think the only way to get it from here is with Japanese eShop cards (but somebody here wil know more)
    These are the cheapest, but I don't know how legit (they accept paypal) - https://www.seagm.com/nintendo-wii-3ds-eshop-prepaid-card-japan - May require VPN.
    And these are the ones that seem to be recommended.
    https://www.g2a.com/search?query=nintendo%20eshop
    https://www.play-asia.com/digital/nintendo_eshop/14/711z7#fc=v:2
    https://www.nippon-yasan.com/595-prepaid-card

I picked it up earlier today based on the below video (on a bit of a shmup vibe lately). Bought the e-shop credit from playasia no bother at all, worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Quick question. I am on the Russian store and Mario Maker is showing at R949. According to google that is about €13. I am obviously seeing this wrong.

Can someone explain?

EDIT: Ignore me, I swapped from the South African store to Russian store and it has got very confused. Prices showing incorrectly but still trying to charge the correct amount.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I picked it up earlier today based on the below video (on a bit of a shmup vibe lately). Bought the e-shop credit from playasia no bother at all, worked a treat.

Just got it myself
    Very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hukd reporting Smyths selling Octopath for £30 in store in UK. They were right about civ, they were right about TWEWY so if you're in the area poke your head into a Smyths and see what the local price is. The physical edition is gone off the website so stock will be scarce but if you find a copy they should be getting rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

SNES Classic carry case reduced from €21.99 to €5.99 in Argos. Stock around the place.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7969254.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Damn that's an ugly case. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mr E wrote: »
    Damn that's an ugly case. :o

That's because it is designed off the ugly US model console.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Banjo wrote: »
    Hukd reporting Smyths selling Octopath for £30 in store in UK. They were right about civ, they were right about TWEWY so if you're in the area poke your head into a Smyths and see what the local price is. The physical edition is gone off the website so stock will be scarce but if you find a copy they should be getting rid.

€40. Down from 49.99

Free game Robonauts, I received the code today after submitting last night
    https://qubicgames.com/
    ROBONAUTS CODE
    Here is your code to download Robonauts: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It only works in the American eShop. But don't worry if your account is linked to another region: you can easily create an additional account linked to America.
    You can follow the instructions provided in this article, but select an American country such as United States of America, Canada or Mexico for example, instead of Japan:
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/guide_how_to_buy_nintendo_switch_games_from_the_japanese_eshop_-_region_free_accounts

Once you are connected to the Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo Switch via an American account, go to the Enter Code category in the left menu.

IMPORTANT: the special "Owner Discounts" that you get by owning another game of ours only appear in the eShop of the same region in which you have that game.
    So if the only game you have from us was obtained via this Robonauts code giveway, the "Owner Discounts" on our other games will only work on the American eShop.

If you already have the game, you can give this code to a friend! The special "Owner Discounts" that you can get by owning Robonauts are not linked to this particular code, but to the game as a whole.

CONTEST
    Stay tuned, as we will announce a contest to win $50 eShop Card Gifts soon!
    News_Image

And
    By owning any premium title from QubicGames on Nintendo Switch, you get:

a -50% discount on our new games (for a limited time!): Blazing Beaks, Akane, Hungry Baby: Party Treats, Warlocks 2: God Slayers.
    a -100% discount on our new game Geki Yaba Runner Anniversary Edition! That means for free just for you. :)

Geki Yaba Runner Anniversary Edition will be released on Nintendo eShop worldwide on May, 31st!

See more info about these games on our website http://qubicgames.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Argos UK seem to be selling refurbished Switches for a good price
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-refurbished-14999-refurbished-clearance-bargains-walsall-3237470

Looks like you need to check instore and I dunno if their Irish branches do the same, but might be of use to someone out there.

12 months Switch online free with Twitch Prime https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo/
    As a Twitch Prime member you currently get the 12 months Nintendo Switch Online for free! If you are not yet a Twitch Prime member, you can start a free period on Amazon Prime. As an Amazon Prime member, you can associate your Amazon account with the Twitch account.

Get up to 12 months access to Nintendo Switch Online for free. You can now start the 3 month free trial on Nintendo Switch Online, and you can come back later to then start another 9 months of individual membership as soon as possible. Click here to learn more about Nintendo Switch Online. Existing Internet connection required, Nintendo account for people aged 13 and over, and compatible smartphone required to use the app. The online game feature, storage data cloud backup, and Nintendo Switch Online Smartphone App features are only available in compatible games.

I have started the 3 months free period, how can I get the remaining 9 months?
    Once you've started the initial offer of 3 months and accumulated 60 active days with your Twitch Prime membership, you can start the remaining 9 months by revisiting this page and clicking the "Start Now" button to view the 9 month offer to accept. You will receive a reminder from us in due time of the specified email address, so that you do not forget to accept the 9-month offer.

Until when does this offer apply?
    New users will not be able to accept the offer for Nintendo Switch Online after September 24, 2019. Users who accept the first offer before this date can start their 9-month membership at least 60 days after the start of the 3-month period, provided that they remain an active Twitch Prime member. Both tenders must be accepted before 22 January 2020.
    Play as a team with your friends or compete against rivals around the world in Nintendo Switch titles that support this feature, including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2.

095lN1M.jpg
    Memory Data Cloud:
    This feature allows you to safely and automatically back up your game data online. If you lose your Nintendo Switch console or switch to another console, you can easily recover your game data.

Experience the classics of the NES era, when and where you want Members of the paid Nintendo Switch online member service get access to a growing catalog of Nintendo Entertainment System titles. Pass a Joy-Con to a friend to play as a couple, or play online! As long as you are a member, you can always access the entire game offer.

pZrmZEs.jpg
    To start from 19 September 2018

Balloon Fight
    baseball
    Donkey Kong
    Double Dragon
    Dr. Mario
    Excitebike
    Ghosts'n goblins
    Gradius
    Ice climber
    Ice hockey
    The Legend of Zelda
    Mario Bros.
    Pro wrestling
    River City Ransom
    Soccer
    Super Mario Bros.
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Tecmo Bowl
    tennis
    Yosi

From October 2018

Double Dragon (special version)
    Gradius (special version)
    NES Open Tournament Golf
    Solomon's Key
    SUPER DODGE BALL
    Super Mario Bros. 3 (special version)

From November 2018

Dr. Mario (special version)
    Metroid (special version)
    Mighty Bomb Jack
    Super Mario Bros. (special version)
    TwinBee

From December 2018

Adventures of Lolo
    The Legend of Zelda (special version)
    NINJA GAIDEN
    Wario's Woods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Suckit wrote: »
    12 months Switch online free with Twitch Prime https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo/
    Thanks, had claimed the three months already was a good reminder to claim the final 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Thanks, had claimed the three months already was a good reminder to claim the final 9.

Aye same, It's proving a pointless sub for me so far, like all of these console subs, im like 2-3 months in and I dont think ive availed of it at all yet.. :(

Got the full year sorted now and canceled auto renewal, lets hope something more than 8bit games becomes a benefit of the service :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Aye same, It's proving a pointless sub for me so far, like all of these console subs, im like 2-3 months in and I dont think ive availed of it at all yet.. :(

Got the full year sorted now and canceled auto renewal, lets hope something more than 8bit games becomes a benefit of the service :pac:

Have you not played Tetris?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I got a full year and I got nothing just save back ups, no interest in play some 3000 year old games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement