Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rdavey14

Since there's a €10 voucher on €100 spends in Argos and they have the Pokemon game free with the Switch for €330, I went ahead and got it yesterday. I've no interest in the game so checked in Gamestop what the trade in would be on the Eevee version.

So it turns out there's an offer on pre-ordering right now when you trade in certain games and I ended up getting the full amount to pre-order Mario Maker 2. Full €60 on the trade-in to use on a pre-order.

It takes a little bit of effort to go out of your way but it's the console and Mario Maker 2 for €330 and a €10 voucher for Argos.

What Games did you end up trading in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Corholio wrote: »

All Starlink Pilot packs reduced to €1.99.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9164442.htm.

All Starlink Starship packs reduced to €9.99.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9180206.htm

Decided to get the starter pack for e15 and an extra ship in Smyths. Been tempted by Starlink for a while and at that price, I thought why not. And I have 2 model ships for the shelf if I dont enjoy the game :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yakult wrote: »
    Decided to get the starter pack for e15 and an extra ship in Smyths. Been tempted by Starlink for a while and at that price, I thought why not. And I have 2 model ships for the shelf if I dont enjoy the game :pac:

I think the game is fun but gotta be honest, the models/toys to life side can get in the sea as far as I'm concerned. The starter pack is a good deal at the price but the ships are still pricey IMO at the reduced rate, and the annoyance with the non-Starter Pack physical items is you have to reconnect them through the mount once a week to retain access. Based on this I'd buy digital if I was going to buy extra items. Apart from anything else that means I can play with my more comfortable 3rd party pro controller..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Fysh wrote: »
    I think the game is fun but gotta be honest, the models/toys to life side can get in the sea as far as I'm concerned. The starter pack is a good deal at the price but the ships are still pricey IMO at the reduced rate, and the annoyance with the non-Starter Pack physical items is you have to reconnect them through the mount once a week to retain access. Based on this I'd buy digital if I was going to buy extra items. Apart from anything else that means I can play with my more comfortable 3rd party pro controller..

I've had the complete bundle up on Adverts for months and nobody is interested... guess it's flopped hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fifa 19 for 15$ on the US store is fairly decent.

• Advertisement

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I've had the complete bundle up on Adverts for months and nobody is interested... guess it's flopped hard.

Decent game let down by stupid toys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

chrislad wrote: »

Away with work for the next few days, trying to keep a lookout for cheap fifa 19 offers. Anything among Europe's digital stores

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Away with work for the next few days, trying to keep a lookout for cheap fifa 19 offers. Anything among Europe's digital stores

It's just shy of €20 on the Irish store... The USA store works out at less than €13.50 on Revolut so switching* your store for a few minutes saves you €6.50

*Pardon the pun

It's just shy of €20 on the Irish store... The USA store works out at less than €13.50 on Revolut so switching* your store for a few minutes saves you €6.50

*Pardon the pun

Didn't know US store accepted revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone have it?
    Is it worth 20 euros to upgrade from the previous?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Feckin Argos didn't get my mega drive collection in massiv argument between myself and management long standing built up frustrations.

It seems to be gone now too altogether. :(

Feckin Argos didn't get my mega drive collection in massiv argument between myself and management long standing built up frustrations.

It seems to be gone now too altogether. :(

Exact same thing happened to me a few times with Argos

I've got one reserved in Newry due in on Wednesday so hopefully that'll be there for me. Long story short the particular Argos is too much trouble to deal with on a good day I'm logging a complaint tomorrow but that's for a different thread entirely.

Hoping Sonic Mania Plus and Lego DC for switch goes down tomorrow seeing as the PS4 and Xbox version both did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyone have it?
    Is it worth 20 euros to upgrade from the previous?

I think it is. Really enjoyed it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think it is. Really enjoyed it this year.

Is it though? I mean '18 had the Euros update, and '20 will have the Qatar world cup add-on which is likely to be a survival horror FPS where you team up with Ronaldo to beat Sergio Ramos to death with his own leg, eat the body and make weapons from the bones to survive the nuclear winter. Not sure this year is value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

This year had champions league and Europa league licence. As well as online play against friends which wasnt in fifa 18. That was the major draw for me as i have a few mates that own the game. Great to be able to take then on online. Graphics and gameplay wise it was a minor improvement but at €20, worth it.

I don't think it does, but I bought a $20 card from pcgamesupply.com

Its around 15 squids in mother russias estore

Can't see why they wouldn't... It's just another credit card provider

Can't see why they wouldn't... It's just another credit card provider

They do address checks. If the card is not based in the US, they will reject it. Apple do the same - you cant use Revolut in the Irish iTunes store, as it's a UK based card.

• Advertisement

They do address checks. If the card is not based in the US, they will reject it. Apple do the same - you cant use Revolut in the Irish iTunes store, as it's a UK based card.

Intriguing... And a bit ****ty of Nintendo!

I recall having issues with my postcode once on a UK based site, changed it in the app and it worked away fine though

I'll give a go tonight to see what I can do and report back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Name and address verification is to counter fraud as opposed to just a reason to feck people over from getting bargains outside of designated country. All companies that deal with credit/debit cards will have to perform these checks or else get targeted and fecked over with fraud and money laundering, not Nintendo's fault tbh :(:pac:

Tales of Vesperia is €33.99 in Argos, game is definitely worth a try at that price, I paid €45 a month ago and love it.

http://checkargos.com/product/8683553

Tales of Vesperia is €33.99 in Argos, game is definitely worth a try at that price, I paid €45 a month ago and love it.

Feck sake, i literally ordered it off amazon last week for like €41 :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

ouch. It's £27.99 on Amazon right now. Cancel and rebook!

Banjo wrote: »
    ouch. It's £27.99 on Amazon right now. Cancel and rebook!

Christ sake! of all the luck! :mad:

Ah i already have it, unboxed and installed and all, i just havent started playing it yet. Ugh i came to the conclusion that its the type of game that will be rare and wont see much of a price drop in the near future.

Feck!

Thanks guys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

nix wrote: »
    Christ sake! of all the luck! :mad:

Ah i already have it, unboxed and installed and all, i just havent started playing it yet. Ugh i came to the conclusion that its the type of game that will be rare and wont see much of a price drop in the near future.

Feck!

Thanks guys :pac:
    If you get on to amazon chat, they will refund the difference, I think you are still legally allowed to return it for 14 days (I'm not 100% about the part), amazon are pretty decent about that type of stuff.

They wouldnt refund the difference, they only offered the option to return it for a refund, i didnt want to go down that road. So as a last ditch attempt i asked if they would just credit me the difference for a future purchase, to which the agent was able to apply a £5 off on future purchase, so not a complete loss :pac:

Cheers for the idea! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Sweet, had a £10 Amazon voucher for signing up to the app so got this for 21 euro delivered :)

• Advertisement

That Timespinner game is supposed to be decent, and it's only 7.50 or so in the SA store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement