Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ace Attorney is 20% off on the eShop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gamestop have preowned Wedge 2DS consoles for €40 on their site. There's no performance difference between them and the newer versions is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

fixxxer wrote: »
    Gamestop have preowned Wedge 2DS consoles for €40 on their site. There's no performance difference between them and the newer versions is there?

I believe there is. The New 3DS and old 3DS had changes. I think the new 2DS is just the New 3DS with one less dimension. I don't think there's a lot of games that take advantage though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You notice the performance difference in the later Pokemon games and in Hyrule Warriors, definitely. the New 2DS has the nubbin that Monster Hunter and Resident Evil Revelations use for camera control - makes a huge difference and there's no Circle Pad Pro for the original 2DS.

There may be a moment in one of the 2D zeldas wehre you have to close the lid and reopen it to make something happen, and I don't know if the 2DS has an analogue for the reed switch. That might be an issue. I may be thinking of the DS zeldas though.

Most games you wouldn't know the difference though.

I forgot about the nubbin addition. Nubition. There's a good few 2DS games I've not played and wouldn't mind having a go at. Would mostly be RPG games though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    There may be a moment in one of the 2D zeldas wehre you have to close the lid and reopen it to make something happen, and I don't know if the 2DS has an analogue for the reed switch. That might be an issue. I may be thinking of the DS zeldas though.

Most games you wouldn't know the difference though.

Yeah, that's Phantom Hourglass, IIRC, on the DS.

Games load faster on the 'NEW' versions too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There is a slide switch that performs the same function as the closed lid switch on a standard 3DS, should do the same thing in the LoZ game too.

As for the speed differences, I agree with everyone else... but if you are looking over the entire potential library of the DS/3DS it's only a small number.

That said, a N3DS is pretty cheap now in the likes of CEX, not €40 cheap but €110 for a New 3DS is pretty decent, and that'll run everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I really don't need a 2DS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

I always had the slide off on the 3DS, never bought into the whole 3D aspect and it always felt like it was melting my eyes after a few mins. I only bought it for OoT tbh and then Chrono trigger later :D
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Ace Attorney is 20% off on the eShop.

I'm torn on whether to jump on this offer or not, it will be a long time before i get around to actually playing it so not sure if i should hold off onto another future sale. Or is it unlikely to go on sale in the eshop for a long time after this? I'm not familiar with the frequency of bargains/sales on the nintendo site :pac:

I know we give out about GameStop a bit, but I got The World Ends with You, Dragon Ball Z Fighter, and Street Fighter Anniversary (10,15,20, so 45 total) from Smyths.

I trade them in GameStop and got Mario Maker 2 (60) and Civ VI (55) for a tenner. Not too shabby. I believe Dragon Ball Z is worth 50 against a pre order.

• Advertisement

Ended up back on Gamestop and instead of the 2DS grabbed a N3DS for €70 instead. Time to start looking up eshop purchases :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

chrislad wrote: »
    I know we give out about GameStop a bit, but I got The World Ends with You, Dragon Ball Z Fighter, and Street Fighter Anniversary (10,15,20, so 45 total) from Smyths.

I trade them in GameStop and got Mario Maker 2 (60) and Civ VI (55) for a tenner. Not too shabby. I believe Dragon Ball Z is worth 50 against a pre order.

So €55 for Civ6 and Mario Maker 2? Not bad at all!

I have Civ6 but it's a bit of a drag, definitely a game I can see being better on pc

So €55 for Civ6 and Mario Maker 2? Not bad at all!

I have Civ6 but it's a bit of a drag, definitely a game I can see being better on pc

I said I'd give it a go. I don't have a PC capable of running it at the moment, just have an old Surface Pro, as I have my work laptop for other things. I've not really given it any time at the moment, but it'll be an easy one to move on if I don't take to it. My son wants Mario Maker (too! :D ) so it was great to get it that cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Ended up back on Gamestop and instead of the 2DS grabbed a N3DS for €70 instead. Time to start looking up eshop purchases :D

Just crack it, best thing I ever done.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Just crack it, best thing I ever done.

Dont think the warranty covers user breakages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Do you know what fw version it was on when you got it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just saw on Facebook that Nintendo have started a huge eshop sale.
    All Final Fantasy Games, Cuphead, Kirby, Wargroove and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mr E wrote: »
    I just saw on Facebook that Nintendo have started a huge eshop sale.
    All Final Fantasy Games, Cuphead, Kirby, Wargroove and more.

Oh I'm tempted by Cuphead but really want the physical copy. Decisions decisions.

Do you know what fw version it was on when you got it?

I'll tell you once the post arrives. Is it important?

Apparently NBA 2019 is around $3 if you have a us account, 5gb free internal and 32gb on your SD.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Apologies of asked before bu need some advice.
    Want to buy a switch just for Breath of the Wild and the upcoming link game.

Budget is tight but everywhere I see it advertised second hand they all claim to be brand new with games sometimes and charging pretty much the same price as brand new in a shop.

Would I be better off just savibg a bit more and buying one new, or is there somewhere / someone I can buy a second hand one at a reasonable price?

Thanks I can advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Banjo wrote: »
    Apparently NBA 2019 is around $3 if you have a us account, 5gb free internal and 32gb on your SD.

Yep, $2.99. I just checked. 95% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

NBA playoffs/finals is on I believe pity EA doesn't do the same with FIFA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Apologies of asked before bu need some advice.
    Want to buy a switch just for Breath of the Wild and the upcoming link game.

Budget is tight but everywhere I see it advertised second hand they all claim to be brand new with games sometimes and charging pretty much the same price as brand new in a shop.

Would I be better off just savibg a bit more and buying one new, or is there somewhere / someone I can buy a second hand one at a reasonable price?

Thanks I can advance.

If you can wait till the new zelda is out buy it brand new and should get a deal. A new switch model is rumoured to be coming so the price may drop. If you can't wait try a wii u to get the existing zelda game and then sell on when you are finished it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    If you can wait till the new zelda is out buy it brand new and should get a deal. A new switch model is rumoured to be coming so the price may drop. If you can't wait try a wii u to get the existing zelda game and then sell on when you are finished it.

Nice one thank you. That’s good advice.

Mr E wrote: »
    Yep, $2.99. I just checked. 95% off.

Just got it. Will probably never play it as it takes a lot of space but I hear good things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hollow Knight under a fiver on SA store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I'll tell you once the post arrives. Is it important?

It may be for jailbreaking it but I'm not sure

PayPal account with us address, ideally in a taxless state like Alaska.
    Sweetie I think pioneered it. But the last guy who tried to set it up killed his Irish PayPal in the process.

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Probably answered a bazillion times but the search function on here is ****.

...what method of payment can you use for a US account? Just prepurchased US eShop vouchers from Amazon and the likes? Or can you add revolut or Paypal alright?

I do vouchers from pcgamesupply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement