Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Promo link for the sale:
    https://e3.nintendo.com/sale/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have 29 games on my wishlist and not a single one is on sale.

chrislad wrote: »
    I do vouchers from pcgamesupply.

Same. Safest way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

If using PC Game Supply best stick to PayPal, in my experience they have a habit of rejecting credit and debit cards, particularly Revolut. SEAgm sell US gift cards Too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

skerry wrote: »
    If using PC Game Supply best stick to PayPal, in my experience they have a habit of rejecting credit and debit cards, particularly Revolut. SEAgm sell US gift cards Too

I only use PayPal with them, for this reason. Revolut generally works but some sites don't play well (even though Revolut is a top up, it is classified as a Credit Card when I paid in Canada)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

I'm a first time traveler. Which countries are best to visit right now? I've a feeling that I might run into issues with paying in some of the cheaper countries; is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

I'm a first time traveler. Which countries are best to visit right now? I've a feeling that I might run into issues with paying in some of the cheaper countries; is that true?

South Africa is usually pretty reliable. Used to be a lot better until Nintendo raised the prices of first party titles there but decent savings usually to be had on 3rd party stuff. Can use Revolut card with it too no hassle

I have the following:

South Africa - I just use my own credit card.
    Russia - Same.
    USA - Can't use an Irish credit card so I use pcgamesupply to buy eshop credit. On your US account, set the zipcode to 33166 and you won't have to pay sales tax.

To keep things simple, create a new account on Nintendo.com for each country.
    If your main account is HOTC, create an account for HOTCRU, HOTCSA and HOTCUSA.

Register individual accounts on nintendo.com, selecting the correct region for each one.

If you have a gmail account, you can add dots to your email address to create new unique email addresses, e.g.

heart.of.the.city@gmail.com
    heartofthecity@gmail.com
    heartof.thecity@gmail.com etc. (obviously use your own gmail address, that's just an example).

Any emails sent to those addresses will go to your main address.

Add accounts to your switch and link them to their relevant Nintendo.com accounts.

Then have a look at https://eshop.calyh.re/ and see where the best savings are (search for the game you are interested in).

Then you're all set. Hope that helps. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Mr E wrote: »
    I have the following:

South Africa - I just use my own credit card.
    Russia - Same.
    USA - Can't use an Irish credit card so I use pcgamesupply to buy eshop credit. On your US account, set the zipcode to 33166 and you won't have to pay sales tax.

To keep things simple, create a new account on Nintendo.com for each country.
    If your main account is HOTC, create an account for HOTCRU, HOTCSA and HOTCUSA.

Register individual accounts on nintendo.com, selecting the correct region for each one.

If you have a gmail account, you can add dots to your email address to create new unique email addresses, e.g.

heartofthecity@gmail.com
    heartof.thecity@gmail.com etc. (obviously use your own gmail address, that's just an example).

Add accounts to your switch and link them to their relevant Nintendo.com accounts.

Then have a look at https://eshop.calyh.re/ and see where the best savings are (search for the game you are interested in).

Then you're all set. Hope that helps. :o

Absolute gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

My set up

Russia - use revolut
    South Africa - use revolut
    USA - buy cards from pcgamesupply
    Japan - set up Japanese paypal account linked to my revolut

• Advertisement

It should also be said that when you buy a game on a foreign eshop, you can still play it with your 'main' account (you don't have to use the account you bought it on)

If buying the online membership, you just need that for your main account (even for multiplayer games bought on the foreign accounts).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »

heartofthecity@gmail.com

Better yet:
    exampleaddress@gmail.com <- main, Irish account
    exampleaddress+nintendoza@gmail.com <- South African
    exampleaddress+nintendousa@gmail.com <- US
    exampleaddress+nintendoru@gmail.com <- Russian

These will all go into the one main email account, using the address+whatever@gmail.com is a great way of determining if something you've used has been compromised or sold your info to spammers too...

sugarman wrote: »
    I havent tried it, but for Russia I read you can just go into your normal Irish/EU account settings and change country rather than create a whole new account.

If you have any money on your Irish account when you do that, you'll lose that money when you switch country. If the balance is 0, then switch away with no penalty.

(This was the case at the start of the Switch generation - not sure if it's still the case)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/75563764

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Crypt of the Necrodancer roughly €3 on the SA shop, worth it at that price? Also tempted by Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill for under a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Crypt of the Necrodancer roughly €3 on the SA shop, worth it at that price? Also tempted by Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill for under a tenner.

More or less same price on domestic eshop at the moment, for the next couple of days anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is on shopto.net for £39.85 preorder (roughly €45)
    https://www.shopto.net/en/swle98-the-legend-of-zelda-link-s-awakening-p113347/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Corholio wrote: »

Thanks just ordered Zelda from Smyths. Works out about €15 cheaper than Shopto's current price.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I notice that the limited edition of Link's Awakening lacks the €5 off for store collection. Should I expect it to be added or is that discount only for select games?

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I notice that the limited edition of Link's Awakening lacks the €5 off for store collection. Should I expect it to be added or is that discount only for select games?

It is usually on all non budget games, but there are exceptions from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Do Smyths take the money straight away off your CC if you preorder?

safetyboy wrote: »

Only if you order for home delivery. If you order for in store collection the money is taken the day before release, the money is returned 7 days later if you don't pick up your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Also pre-ordered. Looks gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

safetyboy wrote: »

Smyths don't take money until the day of dispatch for home delivery, at least they never have for me anyway.

Going to pre-order the Links Awakening Limited Edition myself, it looks great.

Smyths don't take money until the day of dispatch for home delivery, at least they never have for me anyway.

Going to pre-order the Links Awakening Limited Edition myself, it looks great.

Price has now gone up by €5 on the LE, was €74.99 earlier it is now €79.99

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The steel case is nice, but not too fussed on the art book, so it's a bit much imho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Star Lord wrote: »
    The steel case is nice, but not too fussed on the art book, so it's a bit much imho.

Zero interest in special editions of any game these days, the extra crap you get just ends up sitting on a shelf or in a drawer, waste of money. So I gather the normal edition is still going to clock in over €40? Was hoping it'd come in under 25 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Rocket league is €22 in argos good stock availability as of this post.

http://checkargos.com/product/8359227

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Zero interest in special editions of any game these days, the extra crap you get just ends up sitting on a shelf or in a drawer, waste of money. So I gather the normal edition is still going to clock in over €40? Was hoping it'd come in under 25 tbh.

Yep,
    My drawers are packed with crap as it is....

Must buy new drawers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Mortal Kombat is 37 in Argos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement