Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tempted by Mortal Kombat at that price to the review sites I go

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Check if they've fixed the microtransaction/grinding to hell and back issue it had at launch, most day 1 reviews said it had an awful hum of "pay to win" about it, which particularly rankles when it was something like €70 at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Few patches since one of which had a very short lived bonus reward of Kombat koins and other goodies I've got it reserved until close of business tomorrow in Argos so I'll debate whether or not to get it over the next few hours. Does look class though

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

manual_man wrote: »
    Hollow Knight under a fiver on SA store

Bought this earlier this week and sat down last night to see what fuss was all about. To say i am short of sleep this morning is putting it lightly. The amount of times i cursed at the game (after I died and losing all my Geo that I needed for the compass!!), but knowing full well it was my error.

Will have to get into it more this weekend but really enjoying it so far. Although I know im very early in the game I assume you get tons of other attacks, as I still have the most basic one and am finding difficulties with the larger enemies as I move through

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

bigslick wrote: »
    Bought this earlier this week and sat down last night to see what fuss was all about. To say i am short of sleep this morning is putting it lightly. The amount of times i cursed at the game (after I died and losing all my Geo that I needed for the compass!!), but knowing full well it was my error.

Will have to get into it more this weekend but really enjoying it so far. Although I know im very early in the game I assume you get tons of other attacks, as I still have the most basic one and am finding difficulties with the larger enemies as I move through

That is the best things about this game, you rarely feel cheated

Enjoy it, I loved it. Although it did ruin about 4 other games I played afterwards as I kept comparing. As someone who plays mostly handheld, the side scrolling games are brilliant on the switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mortal Kombat is 37 in Argos

It's £30 on Amazon as well at the moment if anyone Argos is out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Hollow Knight probably my favourite game for the Switch so far (granted I played Zelda BOTW on my Wii U) - just perfectly worked with the handheld option. I can't wait till the sequel comes out. Get Hollow Knight today if you haven't already done so!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Mario Kart Deluxe 8 is on sale for 40 euro at the moment, fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Doff wrote: »
    Mario Kart Deluxe 8 is on sale for 40 euro at the moment, fantastic game.

The problem I have with this game is that all courses and characters are unlocked out of the box. Removes some of the drive to complete the game in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Banjo wrote: »
    Apparently NBA 2019 is around $3 if you have a us account, 5gb free internal and 32gb on your SD.

Anybody get this? Having problems downloading it, takes 4 hours for it to download and then error code 2005-0003, today is the third time I've tried to download it

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »

Yeah tried it, only thing I can think of is the SD card might be corrupted but FIFA 19 plays fine from the card so confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Not sure if its been mentioned here already but the Xenoblade Chronicles Season Pass is on sale at the moment down to €19.99, tad cheaper from foreign stores but not much. Had been looking for it to go on offer for a while myself, eager to see what changes they made in the Torna expansion.

Any games recommended from the sales?

Fe looks interesting remember a few in here trying it, any good?

What's the best of the Lego games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Anybody get this? Having problems downloading it, takes 4 hours for it to download and then error code 2005-0003, today is the third time I've tried to download it

Are you sure you have enough space? Need 3gb on internal and 24 or so on the sd card. Working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

naughtb4 wrote: »

On Fe, wasn't a huge fan. Just didn't click for me. Gave it about 2 hours.

Thanks that's what I was afraid of

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Lego Marvel super heroes 2 is on base.com for €19.97
    https://www.base.com/buy/product/lego-marvel-superheroes-2-nintendo-switch/dgc-lms2ns.htm

Joy-Con Pair - Neon Green/Neon Pink on Amazon Italy for €59.99 (€65.43 delivered)
    https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B072BZ66JL/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Where did you spot this? I checked a few stores and seems to be about 30.

*as an aside any decent dlc price compare checker like eshop for main game prices

Edit: I see it now on the store on the switch. Was looking at the Nintendo Region websites on phone which didn't show the 33% off

Grassey wrote: »
    Where did you spot this? I checked a few stores and seems to be about 30.

*as an aside any decent dlc price compare checker like eshop for main game prices

Edit: I see it now on the store on the switch. Was looking at the Nintendo Region websites on phone which didn't show the 33% off

I haven't found any of the price checkers that highlight DLC sale prices. Not immediately apparent a DLC is on sale from the eshop unless you go digging or hear about it elsewhere. I'd imagine the price checkers are just pulling data from the main eshop which is a terrible store front. Can't understand how Nintendo can't overhaul it, it's by far the worst across all 3 platforms

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

eshop-prices does a DLC price checker.

On the right hand side of the game, click the addon and it goes into the price check per region.
    For Example:
    https://i.imgur.com/RmYzT3o.png
    DLC
    https://i.imgur.com/E8k4vG3.png

On a separate note, is Fear Effect Sedna any good, does anyone know?
    It's only €1.99, but wondering if the game itself is decent.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    eshop-prices does a DLC price checker.

On the right hand side of the game, click the addon and it goes into the price check per region.
    For Example:
    https://i.imgur.com/RmYzT3o.png
    DLC
    https://i.imgur.com/E8k4vG3.png

On a separate note, is Fear Effect Sedna any good, does anyone know?
    It's only €1.99, but wondering if the game itself is decent.

Cheers dude, never noticed that.

Haven't played Fear Effect but just looked up a YouTube review of it by ACG who I find fairly reliable and does not look good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

naughtb4 wrote: »

Got Fe at launch. Lovely art style, really nice to look at. Gameplay was pretty boring though, don't think I even finished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Anyone played slay the spire yet? Really like the look of it but not sure if I want it enough to pay €25....

sugarman wrote: »
    Have you got 5gb free space on the internal storage of the switch?
    chrislad wrote: »
    Are you sure you have enough space? Need 3gb on internal and 24 or so on the sd card. Working fine for me.

Yes I definitely have enough space... I've only got a few save files and photos on the system (around 20GB free) and I've a 400GB SD card with FIFA 19 on it so over 300GB free there. The Game itself is 32GB

Anyway sorry for part-hijacking the thread I just wanted to know if the game worked for anybody at all!

I'll make up for it with a little reminder to everybody that the E3 sale ends today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yes I definitely have enough space... I've only got a few save files and photos on the system (around 20GB free) and I've a 400GB SD card with FIFA 19 on it so over 300GB free there. The Game itself is 32GB

Anyway sorry for part-hijacking the thread I just wanted to know if the game worked for anybody at all!

I'll make up for it with a little reminder to everybody that the E3 sale ends today :)

I would try deleting the game completely (not archive) and then go to redownload on the eShop menu. I can't say I had any issues at all.

chrislad wrote: »
    I would try deleting the game completely (not archive) and then go to redownload on the eShop menu. I can't say I had any issues at all.

Yeah tried that, cheers for the suggestion though

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Finally got myself a Nintendo Switch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wong wrote: »

Welcome brother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

wong wrote: »

giphy.gif