Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

As far as I can remember FIFA 13 is actually one of the best FIFAs in recent years. Better than 14 anyway. Some people will say Pro Evo is better but thats really a matter of personal choice.

It's easily the best game of footie on the system. Oh, hang on, it's the only footie game on the system! :D even still though, it is a great game imo. Have it since launch and still play it. Online is still good but I only really play against friends. For that price, I'd snap it up if I were Donie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

As far as I can remember FIFA 13 is actually one of the best FIFAs in recent years. Better than 14 anyway. Some people will say Pro Evo is better but thats really a matter of personal choice.

Ah yeah in fairness thats 100% correct. Ive always been a fan of Pro Evo since the snes days of ISS. God that was great. And ISS 64, which I was playing recently. Class. That said they lost their way a bit after Pro Evo 6. I moved to Fifa around that time and liked it for the most part but I found after 2010 version it got quite complicated with tackling systems etc. More than likely me just not having the time to put in to it to get the most out. What little time I have at the moment I'm trying to put in to games I know I really should be playing. If I was 15 again I'm sure I'd love it!
    smokingman wrote: »
    It's easily the best game of footie on the system. Oh, hang on, it's the only footie game on the system! :D even still though, it is a great game imo. Have it since launch and still play it. Online is still good but I only really play against friends. For that price, I'd snap it up if I were Donie.

Glad to hear online is still going on it. If the countries were in it I'd be tempted to pick it up to play around the world cup. As smokingman said for that price its for nothing really. At full RRP I'd be passing but €15 is tempting.

Banjo wrote: »
    Store|Euro|Sterling|Game?|Shell?|Wheel?|Keyring?|Tshirt?
    Smyths|59.99|47.992|Game|Shell |||
    Smyths|54.99|43.992|Game||||
    Gamestop|69.99||Game|Shell|||
    Game|71.988|59.99|Game|Shell|Wheel||
    Game|47.988|39.99|Game||Wheel||
    Ninty|71.988|59.99|Game|Shell||Keyring|Tshirt
    Ninty|59.988|49.99|Game||Keyring||Tshirt
    Amazon|71.832|59.86|Game|Shell|||
    Amazon|47.82|39.85|Game||||
    zavvi|65.976|54.98|game|Shell|||
    zavvi|47.976|39.98|Game||||
    shopto|71.832|59.86|Game|Shell|||
    shopto|47.82|39.85|Game||||
    Base.com|46.788|38.99|Game||||

Smyth's price for the Limited Edition is a good €12 cheaper than their online competitors. (well, if you assume a Sterling->Euro exchange rate of around 1.20)
    The table above may not look like a table when I hit Reply. I regret nothing!
    Table goes : Store - Euro price - Sterling Price - Game? Shell? Wheel? Keyring? Tshirt?

I know I said I'd get it in a shop but am I the only one who's tempted to get it from Ninty so I get the shell, tshirt and keyring. €70 is a lot but at the same times its Mario Kart with other stuff! I like stuff! And if I was to try and justify it to myself I would say games on the PS4 and Xboxone are around that for just the games so yeah its ok. eh yeah. Justified! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Game have a few offers on Ninty stuff according to HUKD :
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/spring-cleaning-gaming-sale-game-1862827
    Black Premium 32gb console - £200 new, £170 preowned
    White Basic 8gb console - £100 (OOS), £160 preowned
    New Super Luigi U - £20
    Assassin's Creed Black flag special edition - £30 (Note, this is Buccaneer Edition - Statue, Artbook, Lithographs galore, plus 3 ingame missions and a pair of swords (ingame only, I'm afraid, me Hearties) - Game have another special edition that is just the game with extra missions, that's been as low as £14.99 I think)
    COD: Black Ops II - £10
    Disney Epic Mickey II - £5
    Planes - £10
    Wii U Mario Remote Plus - £30
    Wii U Fit meter - £10
    Super Mario Brothers U - £30 New, £19.99 preowned
    Skylanders Giants Starter Pack - Glow in the Dark Edition - £20
    Lego City Undercover - £30 -> No sign of Chase minifig :(
    Black Wii U Premium with The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - £220
    Just Dance 2014 - £20
    Scribblenaughts Unlimited - £28

Handhelds:
    Lego City Undercover 3DS - £25
    Donkey Kong Returns 3DS - £25
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity 3DS - £20
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 3DS - £10
    Limited Edition The Legend of Zelda Nintendo 3DS XL Gold with game - £170
    LEGO Legends of Chima 3DS - £10
    Moshi Monsters 3DS - £20
    Batman: Arkham Origins 3DS - £20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Nice deal in Smyths!

http://www.toys.ie/Wii-U-ConsolePremium-PkLegend-of-ZeldaWindwaker-!132266-prd.aspx

Edit: Only seems to be available in Sligo, out of stock everywhere else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

tony1980 wrote: »

jesus! id nearly do it just so i could swap the gamepad!

Nice deal in Smyths!

http://www.toys.ie/Wii-U-ConsolePremium-PkLegend-of-ZeldaWindwaker-!132266-prd.aspx

garyegt wrote: »
    jesus! id nearly do it just so i could swap the gamepad!

Just saw this myself after looking at fifa. Thats a SERIOUSLY good deal for anyone on the fence! Tempted to buy it in case my own breaks so I have the Zelda bundle as well. Good collectors item in a few years I'd say.

http://www.toys.ie/Sonic--Sega-All-Stars-Racing-Transfromed-LE-WII-U-!125082-prd.aspx

Someone was asking for sonic racing the other day. €9.99 is cheap as chips for a great karting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

http://www.toys.ie/Sonic--Sega-All-Stars-Racing-Transfromed-LE-WII-U-!125082-prd.aspx

Someone was asking for sonic racing the other day. €9.99 is cheap as chips for a great karting game.

Looks like that's only available in Claremorris and Sligo.

Some of the others have pre-owned copies, pre-owned price €24.99... :rolleyes:
    Damnit Smyths!

Tempted to go in at lunch to see if I can get my hands on one. Now, How do I explain this to the Missus, Hmmmm...I think I will use the won a competition excuse :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

What's the difference with the limited edition version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ah Sligo only for the Zelda WiiU!

Hopes up! and then dashed :(

Aaa pppoooo... :(

I have considered this rationally and without my disappointment colouring my decision and I think whoever posted that link to the Zelda WiiU should be perma banned.

Injustice God Among Us - £6.85 + £2.50 Shipping (€11.22) @ SimplyGames

That seems a good deal. But every game you add, postage goes up £2.50. So the real price is £xx + £2.50.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I have considered this rationally and without my disappointment colouring my decision and I think whoever posted that link to the Zelda WiiU should be perma banned.

Nice deal in Smyths!
    http://www.toys.ie/Wii-U-ConsolePrem...32266-prd.aspx

lol..I did edit it and say there was only stock in Sligo :P Pity though as it's a great deal!

Nice deal in Smyths!
    http://www.toys.ie/Wii-U-ConsolePrem...32266-prd.aspx

lol..I did edit it and say there was only stock in Sligo :P Pity though as it's a great deal!

Yeah, it's a great deal. Nearly tempted to drive to Sligo but can't spare the time at the moment and it can't be held there either.

I only saw the edit after I clicked the link. I had even called in a loan I was owed.

I just rang the Limerick store on the Childers Rd for the craic but they don't have it in stock but he did say to keep an eye out again as he thinks they will have more available soon for the deal linked so you never know!

I just rang the Limerick store on the Childers Rd for the craic but they don't have it in stock but he did say to keep an eye out again as he thinks they will have more available soon for the deal linked so you never know!

Will you ring the one out on Ennis Road there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Nice deal in Smyths!

JAYSUS!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you're in Sligo, BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!! €179 is a crazy price.

Sligo's on the N4, right?
    I might miss my turn on the way home...

• Advertisement

JAYSUS!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you're in Sligo, BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!! €179 is a crazy price.

Malfunctioning_Eddie.jpg

Banjo wrote: »
    Sligo's on the N4, right?
    I might miss my turn on the way home...

2 hours 44 mins from my house according to AArouteplanner.

It also reckons it'd cost about €30 in fuel so round trip would be 5 and half hours and cost approx €60 in fuel.

.....tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I was told the Wii U is being phased out of Smyths. MK8 is really the last chance before it's discontinued there. The same will be happening in Argos also in the next couple of months, there'll be a big price drop at the end of next month to clear stock and again if MK8 bombs, it's lights out. PC World/Currys stopped, GAME gone, Tesco never tried, Xtra-Vision stopped, HMV as good as stopped, I've never seen them sell the console and their game section is pitiful.

It's sad, soon there'll just be Gamestop left and they're not great.

sligeach wrote: »
    I was told the Wii U is being phased out of Smyths. MK8 is really the last chance before it's discontinued there. The same will be happening in Argos also in the next couple of months, there'll be a big price drop at the end of next month to clear stock and again if MK8 bombs, it's lights out. PC World/Currys stopped, GAME gone, Tesco never tried, Xtra-Vision stopped, HMV as good as stopped, I've never seen them sell the console and their game section is pitiful.

It's sad, soon there'll just be Gamestop left and they're not great.

Its great news for anyone yet to buy one. €179 for the zelda bundle for example is just madness. Nearly a reason to pick another one up!

And I know you didn't say this but just because the Irish shops are stopping sales doesn't mean Ninty are done with it. Plenty more scheduled games and another few years left in it yet.

Personally I'll happily continue buying online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Craggy2 posted this on BA thread. 80 sterling for a 3ds, great price.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057177335/1/#post89652269

Not exactly a bargain, but still a bit cheaper than anywhere else I've seen it. Game and Wario is in Argos for €25.99 - http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=129%2F5199

NBA 2K13 on Amazon for £5.39 and qualifies for Free Delivery

Assassin's Creed Black Flag £13.95+£2 delivery
    http://www.thegamecollection.net/assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-wii-u.html
    Expires in 10 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

I think this is the cheapest I've seen Splinter Cell for Wii U, €9.99
    http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/splinter-cell-blacklist/10798893.html

Len_007 wrote: »
    I think this is the cheapest I've seen Splinter Cell for Wii U, €9.99
    http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/splinter-cell-blacklist/10798893.html
    What's their delivery times like?

This seems an excellent price

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Skull Edition £19.99 @ Grainger Games add €3.50 for Parcel Motel. Still seems a great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths Wii U has gone back up to €225.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement