Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nix wrote: »
    Valkyria chronicles 4 at €30, very tempting, i have too much to play though...

What do i do guys? :pac:

Fyi, that is a permanent price drop. There is a new complete edition available for €50. All the dlc has also been bundled and sold for €25 if you already have the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

€13 for the BOTW expansion with the two packs.

Screw it. Bought it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Enjoy! Path of the Hero works right away, and is a very cool feature. Some of the other stuff will be too, and others will activate once you reach certain parts of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Cheers lads. Picked up Starlink Deluxe version. Looking forward to playing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Cheers lads. Picked up Starlink Deluxe version. Looking forward to playing it!

It's a good game. I need to get back in to it. The transitions from flying from the ground of one planet into outer space without load screens never gets old.

• Advertisement

I need to look up star link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

I need to look up star link

You need to focus on Zelda. You have your hands full

nedd wrote: »
    You need to focus on Zelda. You have your hands full

I know i know.

For after though.
    If I haven’t thrown this thing at a wall by that’s point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

resident evils are too limier but I did love R4 and freaked me out on the Wii.

Is there anything close to BOTW on Xbox one, I've tried read dead but its very slow and again linear etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

safetyboy wrote: »
    Is there anything close to BOTW on Xbox one, I've tried read dead but its very slow and again linear etc.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »

If you consider Red Dead linear then I’m not sure what your definition of linear is. Yes the RE games are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Any actual bargain alerts around lads?

Wolfenstein Youngblood digital purchase for Switch on CDKeys £22.99.

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/wolfenstein-youngblood-switch?mw_aref=74dth566

There’s a forklift simulator game. Where you have your own warehouse

I’m kind of intrigued

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

nedd wrote: »
    If you consider Red Dead linear then I’m not sure what your definition of linear is. Yes the RE games are.

Red Dead is certainly not linear.
    I mean, it has a plot, to follow... point to point... but there's a vast place to explore and inhabit, with lots to do in any order you like.
    It's fair to say that a player could be quite fulfilled with RDR2 and never really engage with the main plot at all, introduction aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Lads, I'm in the market for a Switch, either console only, or as part of a bundle. Where's the best place to keep an eye on for deals? Would Amazon normally have any offers for Prime Dayandahalf (which starts tomorrow I think)?

Lads, I'm in the market for a Switch, either console only, or as part of a bundle. Where's the best place to keep an eye on for deals? Would Amazon normally have any offers for Prime Dayandahalf (which starts tomorrow I think)?

Went through the same thing recently. All I can tell you is avoid adverts and done deal etc.
    They’re selling them almost at cost price and if it’s lower there’s always omething wrong with it.
    Better just pay full price from a shop or amazon etc.

Went through the same thing recently. All I can tell you is avoid adverts and done deal etc.
    They’re selling them almost at cost price and if it’s lower there’s always omething wrong with it.
    Better just pay full price from a shop or amazon etc.

Cheers! Yeah, I'll be going for brand new for the sake of peace of mind. Just hoping I might get lucky with a deal of some description somewhere.

Cheers! Yeah, I'll be going for brand new for the sake of peace of mind. Just hoping I might get lucky with a deal of some description somewhere.

It’s held it’s balue weirdly well. I think it’s a few quid cheaper on amazon but negligible

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-console-neon-32gb-brand-new-21519-at-hitechelectronicsuk-ebay-3262764

Try here? £216 for the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

TitianGerm wrote: »

Good deal. I dont know why anyone would go for the Switch lite when a Switch can be had at this price.

• Advertisement

Looks good, thanks! If I can't get it cheaper via Prime Day, I'll pull the trigger on it.
    sugarman wrote: »
    Its Prime day tomorrow and Tuesday on Amazon, no doubt there will be Switch offers like every other year.

If you create a new account and sign up to a free trial of Prime, youre eligible for a free £10 off a £25+ spend by installing their Amazon Assistant browser addon. Valid to claim until midnight tonight.

Yeah, I'm a Prime member already. Is this discount for new members only?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks good, thanks! If I can't get it cheaper via Prime Day, I'll pull the trigger on it.

I'd be surprised if it goes below £249 on Amazon but you never know.

To answer my own question, I could get the discount as an existing Prime member.
    I'd be surprised if it goes below £249 on Amazon but you never know.

Yeah, probably not, but only a day to find out.

Any of you have recommendations for "must have" accessories, in your opinions?

I got a Zelda themed controller with a wire/usb. €20. I grew up with controllers having cables. Everyone said the pro controller is a must but I couldn’t shell out €80 for something I’d have to be charging all the time.

I’d say it’s kind of unnecessary but I’m sure there are folks here better versed in the advantages and disadvantages than I

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I got a Zelda themed controller with a wire/usb. I grew up with controllers having cables. Everyone said the pro controller is a must but I couldn’t shell out €80 for something I’d have to be charging all the time.

I’d say it’s kind of unnecessary but I’m sure there are folks here better versed in the advantages and disadvantages than I

I got an 8bitdo instead. Shaped like a snes pad with analogue sticks and does everything that the pro pad can except without nfc.

sugarman wrote: »
    8bitdo pads are the business, have both the SNES and Megadrive versions and they work a treat.

I haven't got one myself, but the XC2 clone Pro controllers are supposed to be extremely good. Very close to the original, just without NFC for less than €20.

Pal of mine on a different forum was asking about playing a switch handheld for BOTW.
    Just no. It loses so much and you can’t wven read the text or find anything and getting some koroks is impossible.

Tangent sorry. This post made me think of it somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Prime day starts at midnight what a time to be an insomniac. Or just load up on coffee or Monster Energy the crazy person gets the deals

Pal of mine on a different forum was asking about playing a switch handheld for BOTW.
    Just no. It loses so much and you can’t wven read the text or find anything and getting some koroks is impossible.

Tangent sorry. This post made me think of it somehow

I have put about 100hours into BotW handheld. It is very playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Amazons prime day sales are pretty crappy, got a free £10 voucher for trying their new Amazon assistant browser plugin recently and was hoping to use it on a switch game/product in the prime day sales but nothing was reduced really, so i picked up the Switch pro controller for a total of €53, which is still a crazy price for a joypad but a lot cheaper than what it goes for in most places :(

• Advertisement

Yeah, underwhelming to say the least. The deal TitianGerm posted ended shortly after, so I missed that. I should have been more on the ball.

Anyway, I do have about €140 worth of One 4 All gift cards I could use in whichever of PC World, Gamestop, or Argos has the best deal currently, but that feels like a waste of the cards, given the high initial prices in those outfits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement